And then there were 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
shaunpinney said:
We're always going to have a problem area - we did have many - D-line, O-line, CB, WR etc... Snead and Fisher have fixed a number of those, even though our depth is paper thin at the moment, but what they have done is bring in QUALITY not quantity.

Firstly, They've brought Jared Cook in this offseason, for a huge paycheck on his previous production - lets be honest he was not posting similar numbers to the elite TE's Witten, Gronk, Gonzalez, Graham etc - his production as a pass catcher was on a par with our very own Kendiricks. So, reading between the lines, Fisher expects. IMO, Fisher expects Cook to fill in the "security blanket" catches that Amendola did, he's not a blocking TE, so he's going to be used as a pass-catcher primarily. He's going to have to earn his keep!

Secondly, They (the FO) brought in this guy called Long to help sure up our O-line, giving Sam that second longer in the pocket without interference, giving our WO corps a second or two to get open. Again, huge paycheck, he's going to have to live up to the hype.

Thirdly, last year's draft picks included 2 under the radar Wide Outs, Quick and Givens... I'll deal with Givens first: This guy delivered - a 96th pick in the 2012 draft, learning a new offence playing alongside Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson, he still managed to pull in 698 yards and 3 touchdowns. IMO this guy was an A+ draft pick for us and lets not forget he posted a 4.4 time in the 40yds at the combine and a shade over 6' - this guy is here for a few years.

and now to Brian Quick, I think the expectation on him this year is HUGE! We've all head Snead talk about his comparison to Vincent Jackson but to be honest I'd rather he wasnt such a slow burner Jackson only pulled in 450yds in his second year, 600 in his third. My hope is Sherman's comparison:

"I see a lot of similarities to Terrell Owens," Sherman told Yahoo! Sports. "The way the kid goes and gets the ball, the physicality, the desire ... he has a chance to be special, no doubt."

Owens shot up to 900+ yards n his second year. What I'd like to see from Quick this year is a better reception % and ideally 600-700 yards

Finally, I'm keeping the faith in Snead and Fisher, I really do think these guys know what they're doing, Quick may not be ready to be a #2 this year, but he sure better improve to the levels of Gibson of last year.

My prediction, I see us picking up 2 WR's in the draft, one in the 2nd round (Woods) one in the 6th (Kaufman) both guys are polished products with good football brains - not your all singing all dancing media-loved WRs but I think they would compliment our WR by committee - IMO Woods has the potential to be a #2 WR from day 1.

But whoever the FO chooses, I think our WO corps are improving :yeh:

i like your thots, but thinking Hopkins in the 3rd round, Austin the first
train

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Man, I thought this was about Genesis. My bad

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9YCrCiKOog[/youtube]