And so it (the excuses) begins. Florio up first.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
NFL should avoid matching teams that played on Thursday and Monday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-teams-that-played-on-thursday-and-monday/

Last week, the Rams and 49ers played on Thursday, and the Cowboys and Cardinals played on Monday. Today, each of the teams that had 10 days between games played one of the teams that had only six.

The Rams, who had extra rest, beat the short-week Cowboys in Dallas. The 49ers, who had extra week, pushed the short-week Cardinals to the limit in overtime.

It’s an odd quirk in the schedule that played out earlier this year, when the Patriots opened the season on a Thursday, the Saints played on Monday night, and the two teams got together on Sunday.

Yes, there are plenty of actual and perceived inequities in the scheduling process. Sure, it’s difficult if not impossible to account for all of the various permutations when picking the proper spots for 256 regular-season games. But this seems like a factor that could be, or at least should be, avoided.

There will always be teams who played on a Sunday facing a team who played on a Thursday; the Cowboys do it again next week, with the Packers on extra rest. And there will always be teams who face a team coming off a bye. But a Sunday game between Thursday-Monday teams seems like something that should be preventable.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Didn't stop us from winning on the road in a to the end battle on a short week. Guess the cowgirls get a pass ...whatever....

Big Game

Living The Dream
Lol love how when "America's team" takes a L then all of sudden oh they didn't have enough rest. But before this game this was suppose to be an easy Win for them hahaha. Keep the excuses coming we just gonna keep trying to win games

Ram65

Legend
It was what it was. Dallas had home field advantage. I think it helped the Rams being a little fresher. Got to take advantage of whatever you can.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I said something about this earlier......but truth be told.....we didn't make the schedule. We just played it and won......... Bite me Florio.... (hey....that would make a good "Doo-Whop" song...... Bite me Florio....bite bite me Florio......)

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Lot of assholes have a lot riding on their prognostications. Aka McVay too young and unproven, Wentz >> Goff, or Rams can't be successful under Kroenke (Bernie argument).

So it's excuse time. Colts were the worst team ever in league history, yet been competitive in every game since opener and playing the shit hags tough in Seattle right now. Niners defense sucked when we dropped 41 on em, but their defense has played well in the other 3 games including at Arizona and Hags. Now Dallas didn't have enough rest playing at home. Was that the case when they were up 17-6?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - boo hoo. We had the most brutal schedule in the league for several years. We also went to Seattle to finish the season something like 4 out of 5 seasons.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So is Florio going to make the same excuse for whoever the Cowboys beat if they win after Thanksgiving? Or how about next week hahahaha Cowboys play 2 straight teams coming off a Thursday night win they host the Packers next week. Poor Florio won't know what to do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This game scared the crap out of me. I am beyond impressed by this Rams team. Florio can suck it.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Tight game. The team with the most rest made adjustments and won the second half. Wonder why a smart football guy like Florio didn't predict it? I have a feeling the Rams could give a flying Fuck what he predicts next Sunday.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No worries Cowboy fans understand what they witnessed today and I really don't care what the media thinks because soon, very soon, the Rams will be their darlings with Head Coach Sean McVay being the next Genius.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tight game. The team with the most rest made adjustments and won the second half. Wonder why a smart football guy like Florio didn't predict it? I have a feeling the Rams could give a flying freak what he predicts next Sunday.

probably because he doesn't know shit about football. much easier to comment after the fact about a perceived injustice that he couldn't see before the game, seeing he picked the boys to win.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

"Blah, blah, blah, Cowboys got screwed, blah, Rams made me lose my pick, blah, blah, etc."

bs1.gif

Bet if the situation was reversed and the Rams had less rest than the Cowboys and the Rams had lost, Mike Foolio wouldn't mention it. :banghead:

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I'd have more respect for Florio if he had brought that up when the schedule came out, or at least BEFORE the game....now it's just an excuse as to why he was WRONG in his prediction.