And just like that, Rams have top 10 defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Did we knock out Palmer in the 1st or 2nd quarter?

Otherwise, not surprised. Lots of talent...and Son of Bum knows his stuff.

But we weren't gonna hold that team under 200 yards if Palmer stays healthy....Still got a ways to go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The defense has a ways to go on getting consistent pressure still. They're not in that elite range just yet.

What makes me feel good about them is the job they're doing vs the run now. They really had a great game in shutting AP down, and even during the Fish/Williams years they had a tendency to give up yards on the ground in matchups like that, with the bend but don't break and "3 points are a win" approach. The group now seems to be improving game to game so we might have a real stout run D come the playoffs which is crucial.

We are now sub-20ppg which is key. Really need to get down into the 15-17ppg range tbh, if we want to be true Super Bowl type contenders, but either way 19.7 represents a real nice trend downward so it'll be interesting to see what they can get it to.

And lastly if the offense can continue the long drives they've been doing that does help. Not talking about "keeping the defense fresh" here either, but moreso about clock availability. Being able to kill clock vs the better offenses is a key ability come the playoffs that can help you get through some tough matchups.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Absolutely insane what young McVay is doing in his first year as a head coach. Rams are one of the most complete teams in the entire NFL through the first half of the season.

Thank you for that unbiased assessment.... :cautious:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just praying for 24 ppg...
200.webp
Yeah... I've been begging for that ever since the defense got loaded with first rounders.

It seemed so simple to me... just get around average offensive scoring and the rest will take care of itself because the defense was good.

Seems it's taken forever... but it looks like we may finally be there!

It's a great formula for success.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes! the Rams do have a lot of improvement to do, BUT We are getting there! Just a few stats to show were we can improve. The Rams "D" is;
* Tied for 4th in the League in Sacks (23)
* 3rd in the League in Pd's (passes defended) with 36!
* Tied for 3rd in INT's (9)
* Tied for 2nd in the League in INT's returned for TD's (2)
and
* 11th in the League in Forced Fumbles! (7)
So I guess we have a lot of work to do, because obviously we suck so far!!:whistle:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is some funny crap @Rmfnlt

Thanks for posting.
They did one where Wade kept calling in anonymously to Jerruh after the Rams won but I can't find it. It was hilarious.

First he called in as "John" In Laguna Beach...
Host: "Mr. Jones. this is "John" from Laguna Beach, CA.
Jerruh: "Well, hello there... what's on your mind?"
Wade: "Hey, Jerruh, it's me... Wade... Jerruh hung up on him.
Jerruh tells the host he hates that bastard and to screen the calls better

They take another caller... this is "Jim" in Huntington Beach.
Jerruh: "Hello, do you have any Cowboys questions for me?"
Wade: "Hey, Jerruh, it's me again... Wade...what'd ya think of how my Rams defense is doin' Jerruh?
Jerruh: "I told you not to call here again, Wade. Now shut up... (hangs up on him again)

They take another call... Mr. Jones, we have time for one more call. This is "Wayne" in Anaheim.
Jerruh: "Hello, what Cowboys question do you have for me?"
Wade: "Hey, Jerruh, it's me, Wade. Why ya keep hangin' up on me? Is it because my defense is better than yours, Jerruh? Rams record is better too, Jerruh.
Jerruh: "I thought I told you to screen these calls better... now hang up on him!!"

It was greatness!