An interesting stat from Jim Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is taken from RamBill's 'JT Chat Highlights: No Way that Davis Doesn’t Start vs Philly' thread and I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle and thought it deserved a thread of its own. WTH is going on?

Ben: Sunday's pill was hard to swallow. I was astounded by the number of non calls for holding on the Dallas O line. On the long pass to Bryant, I saw to obvious holding calls on Dallas' Oline and nothing. No wonder the Rams can't win when the officials give their opponents opportunities to get back in the game. That had to be the worse officiated game I've ever seen. What did you think?

Jim Thomas: Whenever one team gets called for 119 yards worth of penalties and the other team for only 15, it catches your eye. I did some research on this and it's the largest single-game disparity involving the Rams _ pro or con _ since the team moved to St. Louis in 1995. I know Jeff Fisher is very frustrated about the calls. Opposing teams have been called only once for offensive holding against the Rams all season. It's all very strange.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
That is messed up...Only once for Offensive holding against the Rams all Fn season!!!!... Hate to pull the "blame the Ref" card, but it appears just!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is taken from RamBill's 'JT Chat Highlights: No Way that Davis Doesn’t Start vs Philly' thread and I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle and thought it deserved a thread of its own. WTH is going on?

Ben: Sunday's pill was hard to swallow. I was astounded by the number of non calls for holding on the Dallas O line. On the long pass to Bryant, I saw to obvious holding calls on Dallas' Oline and nothing. No wonder the Rams can't win when the officials give their opponents opportunities to get back in the game. That had to be the worse officiated game I've ever seen. What did you think?

Jim Thomas: Whenever one team gets called for 119 yards worth of penalties and the other team for only 15, it catches your eye. I did some research on this and it's the largest single-game disparity involving the Rams _ pro or con _ since the team moved to St. Louis in 1995. I know Jeff Fisher is very frustrated about the calls. Opposing teams have been called only once for offensive holding against the Rams all season. It's all very strange.
The should be 'Bulletin-Board' material all over Rams Park and in the Locker room!! And Make sure Fisher and all the Coach's get copies!!!

A55VA6

Legend
The refs just don't want the Rams to win. It's pretty simple. The calls against the Rams, and the non calls against opposing teams have been terrible.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Wow.

Shame we won't hear a peep about this from the league.

Somebody had big money on America's Team.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Wow! It seems to me that Fisher needs to (if he hasn't already) start calling New York and demanding an explanation. I know there is holding on every play, but to have only one hold in three games on the opposing team is freaking ridiculous.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow! That's an unbelievable stat. Kind of a f you from the refs and the NFL.

ram007

Starter
Yup. The world is against Robert Quinn since he won DPOY last year and envy Rams success. If he is the best def. player in the league, get of the blocks and holds.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup. The world is against Robert Quinn since he won DPOY last year and envy Rams success. If he is the best def. player in the league, get of the blocks and holds.
?

Athos

Legend
Anyone know how many offensive holding calls called against opponents thru 3 games last year?

Mmmm.

These are the O penalties ARZ had last year in the opener.
Penalty on ARZ, Illegal Shift, declined.
PENALTY on ARZ-L.Brown, Offensive Holding

Against ATL
PENALTY on ATL-P.Worrilow, Offensive Holding
PENALTY on ATL-M.Bosher, Delay of Game, 5 yards
PENALTY on ATL-T.Gonzalez, Offensive Pass Interference,
PENALTY on ATL-G.Reynolds, Offensive Holding
PENALTY on ATL-L.Holmes, False Start, 5 yards

Against DAL
PENALTY on DAL-D.Bryant, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
PENALTY on DAL-B.Waters, Offensive Holding
Penalty on DAL-T.Smith, Offensive Holding

ram007

Starter

Getting tired of excuses about officiating. Robert Quinn needs to re-establish his dominance if he is the best defensive player of NFL. There are no excuses for not getting a sack in 3 games bad officiating or not.

More and more I think, it appears except for Quinn and CL this DL is probably overrated. And that is a scary thought!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting tired of excuses about officiating. Robert Quinn needs to re-establish his dominance if he is the best defensive player of NFL. There are no excuses for not getting a sack in 3 games bad officiating or not.

More and more I think, it appears except for Quinn and CL this DL is probably overrated. And that is a scary thought!
So do you believe Quinn is shirking or laying down. Just wondering.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava

Getting held constantly and taking sacks away from the DL by Calling penalties does make a huge difference,I'm starting to wonder if the refs are trying to level the playing field with all these non calls against our deep and talented defensive line

ram007

Starter
So do you believe Quinn is shirking or laying down. Just wondering.

All great players find a way to excel despite roadblocks. I am expecting a special player like Quinn to do the same. Too much to ask for?

All great players find a way to excel despite roadblocks. I am expecting a special player like Quinn to do the same. Too much to ask for?

Would Kershaw be any good if the umpires decided they were only going to call balls in the middle ninth strikes and everything else balls?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes. Great players find a way to excel despite challenges if they're given a fair chance. You can't expect Quinn to get held, have it not get called, and still dominate. He's not playing scrubs out there. If a NFL LT can hold with impunity, he's likely not going to give up (m)any sacks.

Also worth mentioning that Robert Quinn did produce a sack and a forced fumble that would have resulted in a defensive TD but the moron refs in the Minnesota game blew the play dead and called it an incomplete pass.

Last edited: