An interesting stat from Jim Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
i believe they actually had a separate, short piece on just this in the PD.

the more light shone on it, the better.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Opposing teams have been called only once for offensive holding against the Rams all season. It's all very strange.
From an officials standpoint, that would be the best way to stunt the Rams' progress. Negate our strength.
Worst, shadiest officiating i've ever seen league wide(not just Rams football).

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he is the best def. player in the league, get of the blocks and holds.

Seriously? I can see a time for the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" philosophy but this is not one of them. No player can do his job well if opposing players are breaking the rules and not getting called for it. When the deck is stacked the house wins.

Did you read the remarks by Jim Thomas in the OP? "119 yards worth of penalties and the other team for only 15" I watched the whole game and there's no way that should have happened.

There are no excuses for not getting a sack in 3 games bad officiating or not.

What do you want Quinn to do, use head slaps and brass knuckles? Because that's the only way he's going to get around an O-lineman who is holding on to his jersey. Maybe he can coat his jersey with lubricant but then Goodell will fine him.

I don't like excuses either but in this case it's warranted. All we want is for the Rams to get a fair shake from the league and from the refs.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Seriously? I can see a time for the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" philosophy but this is not one of them. No player can do his job well if opposing players are breaking the rules and not getting called for it. When the deck is stacked the house wins.

Did you read the remarks by Jim Thomas in the OP? "119 yards worth of penalties and the other team for only 15" I watched the whole game and there's no way that should have happened.

What do you want Quinn to do, use head slaps and brass knuckles? Because that's the only way he's going to get around an O-lineman who is holding on to his jersey. Maybe he can coat his jersey with lubricant but then Goodell will fine him.

I don't like excuses either but in this case it's warranted. All we want is for the Rams to get a fair shake from the league and from the refs.

Maybe they should shrink his jersey so it's so tight that they have to cut it off after the game, nothing left to hold onto. :sneaky:

What do you want Quinn to do, use head slaps and brass knuckles?

It maybe the only way to go, instruct him that when held get past his man anyway he wants (kick to the balls, tackle his man by the face mask, the odd head slap) be the first team to get called for 1,000 yards of penalties in a single game. Make it clear after the game that they cheat we'll cheat.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It maybe the only way to go, instruct him that when held get past his man anyway he wants (kick to the balls, tackle his man by the face mask, the odd head slap) be the first team to get called for 1,000 yards of penalties in a single game. Make it clear after the game that they cheat we'll cheat.
You know, and maybe this is just the old fashioned hockey player in me and probably totally inappropriate and ineffective, but when we got the call for roughing the passer after Eugene Sims? tapped Romo on the shoulder, I was thinking well heck, if he's going to get called for that, he may as well have DESTROYED Romo like we all know he could have on that play.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Hell, if Quinn would have sacked Romo the refs would have just thrown a flag for roughing the passer. These refs are beyond ridiculous. I'm may be a homer to a certain degree, but damnit I'm not blind.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Refs can make honest mistakes but if the NFL doesn't do something to fix this blatantly terrible officiating I don't know if I can continue being a fan. Every play should be reviewable immediately and the most blatant bad calls / missed calls should be corrected on the spot. Else I don't think I can continue to support this farce of a sports league.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Jim Thomas: Whenever one team gets called for 119 yards worth of penalties and the other team for only 15, it catches your eye. I did some research on this and it's the largest single-game disparity involving the Rams _ pro or con _ since the team moved to St. Louis in 1995. I know Jeff Fisher is very frustrated about the calls. Opposing teams have been called only once for offensive holding against the Rams all season. It's all very strange.
Yeah, it's all just normal distribution of noise caused by inadequately trained referees. Nothing to look at here. This couldn't possibly be a coordinated effort. The Rams ultimately are responsble for losing this game. Go Rams!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
And to think we were applauding these sumbitches when they returned because we were tired of the replacement refs. LOL

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

Not even the greatest show offense could in the last "super" bowl with the other team breaking the rules so flagrantly.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What needs to happen is Fisher take off the kid gloves with the league and BLAST them. If I were him I'd put together a vid clip of all the holds against my DL, and then have a press conference where I go the F off on the officiating and show the missed calls.

I'd get fined, yes, but it would be worth it.

RamWoodie

Legend
I KNOW I saw Quinn held at least 4 times in the Dallas game...but what frustrates you the most is the hold called on Sims on the Dallas RB!

That was a critical call...and if that was holding...there should be a hold on EVERY play! :(