An Elite Franchise (Dynasty in the making?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the KC D can go from 31 to 15 and stay there then I think its KC. I think Mahomes will always be able to improvise points.

Rams offense seems to run around Gurley. When the Rams RB's get shut down Goff seems like a different QB. I'm curious is McVay can write a new script because I think the NFL might be catching up.
He can. (McVay)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the KC D can go from 31 to 15 and stay there then I think its KC. I think Mahomes will always be able to improvise points.

So if the KC D can go from one of the worst defenses in the league to a field goal a game better than the best team in 2018, they will be good? Well, yeah, but it's not the least bit plausible. Defenses take a while to build, especially when they start out as so bad.

But then, I also believe that NRIs who miss their entire rookie season are not good bets to become impact players as soon as they come back from their injury either.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
So if the KC D can go from one of the worst defenses in the league to a field goal a game better than the best team in 2018, they will be good? Well, yeah, but it's not the least bit plausible. Defenses take a while to build, especially when they start out as so bad.

But then, I also believe that NRIs who miss their entire rookie season are not good bets to become impact players as soon as they come back from their injury either.

We aren't starting from chicken feathers here. Chiefs still have the best pass rush in the league for starters (Okafor, Jones, Speaks, Clark). Our safeties are really good (Honey Badger, Sorensen, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas). Starting corners look average but that's still better than how we started last year with Ammerson not working out. I like our LB'ers. Scheme change and new coaching certainly wont hurt anything.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We aren't starting from chicken feathers here. Chiefs still have the best pass rush in the league for starters (Okafor, Jones, Speaks, Clark). Our safeties are really good (Honey Badger, Sorensen, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas). Starting corners look average but that's still better than how we started last year with Ammerson not working out. I like our LB'ers. Scheme change and new coaching certainly wont hurt anything.

They gave up the second most yards passing in the league - about 2 yards a game less than Cincy - so they could blitz much of the time in a mostly vain attempt to slow down every other team's passing attack. You can like the returning defenders as much as you want - it was a very bad defense regardless of how you root.

It will likely be better - it would be tough to be too much worse - but expecting some improvement is far different than daydreaming it will go down to 15 pts allowed per game. There is optimism, and there is hallucinatory daydreaming.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
They gave up the second most yards passing in the league - about 2 yards a game less than Cincy - so they could blitz much of the time in a mostly vain attempt to slow down every other team's passing attack. You can like the returning defenders as much as you want - it was a very bad defense regardless of how you root.

It will likely be better - it would be tough to be too much worse - but expecting some improvement is far different than daydreaming it will go down to 15 pts allowed per game. There is optimism, and there is hallucinatory daydreaming.

Just be happy super stud muffin Frank Clark wont be kicking your butt twice a year. And Honey Badger dont care. He really dont.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&t=13s

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just be happy super stud muffin Frank Clark wont be kicking your butt twice a year. And Honey Badger dont care. He really dont.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&t=13s

Whatever, dude. Keep hallucinating that one of the worst defenses in the league will suddenly become one of the best. Meanwhile, the Rams will just keep on winning, without players that keep on getting suspended.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

TexasRam

Legend
tenor.gif

Flint

Pro Bowler

Rams offense seems to run around Gurley. When the Rams RB's get shut down Goff seems like a different QB. I'm curious is McVay can write a new script because I think the NFL might be catching up.

Catching up? The Rams were 1st or 2nd in scoring. They were shut down by the best D in football, 6 pts against the bears. They scored 23 in a loss to a top 5 D philly, and they scored 23 against the Broncos, maybe it was the altitude. So the 23 points was a sign the league is catching up?
I think the Pats are a special case I don’t think anyone else shuts down the ram offense like like they did, McVay needs a new plan against the nfc playoff teams like Chicago or philly but I don’t think the league has caught up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Gurley was a non factor in the Monday night game with KC. He was more of a decoy than anything else. 12 carries for 55 yards and most of that in the first half. No Kupp either. Goff did pretty good with that. 413 yards, 4 TD's, zero INT's. Of course, if you don't follow the Rams like we do its easy to run with that narrative. Not to mention Goff's still very young and only expects to get better as he ages.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Gurley was a non factor in the Monday night game with KC. He was more of a decoy than anything else. 12 carries for 55 yards and most of that in the first half. No Kupp either. Goff did pretty good with that. 413 yards, 4 TD's, zero INT's. Of course, if you don't follow the Rams like we do its easy to run with that narrative. Not to mention Goff's still very young and only expects to get better as he ages.

Eveyone knew that game would be a shoot out. Goff having a bad day would have been more surprising. Goff getting destroyed in the Super Bowl surprised nobody.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Catching up? The Rams were 1st or 2nd in scoring. They were shut down by the best D in football, 6 pts against the bears. They scored 23 in a loss to a top 5 D philly, and they scored 23 against the Broncos, maybe it was the altitude. So the 23 points was a sign the league is catching up?
I think the Pats are a special case I don’t think anyone else shuts down the ram offense like like they did, McVay needs a new plan against the nfc playoff teams like Chicago or philly but I don’t think the league has caught up.

No, the special case was McVay riding his bag of tricks for as long as he has. It usually doesn't last that long. You will see teams pin their ears back to pressure Goff in the same manner they did Sam Bradford and Nick Foles. Jam his recievers, put a fast LB on the RB, and make him get rid of it before he wants to. Teams almost tried to contain the Rams rather than come after them. That's what lead to Gurley exploding through running lanes and Goff having all kinds of time to throw off of PA. No pressure, D always bit on fake to Gurley, wide open crosser.

Pats loaded the box, which stifled the running game, and came with pressure all night. That's the blue print. Goffs passer ratings nose dives when under pressure. McVay has to reinvent himself.

Few more points

-CHI destroyed you.
-Mahomes beat Denver with back ups one time
(
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-UWQgyRB4
)

-Philly D is not so special (they played 6 games against a division whose QBs all suck. Secondary blows.) They have Fletcher Cox. The end.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
No, the special case was McVay riding his bag of tricks for as long as he has. It usually doesn't last that long. You will see teams pin their ears back to pressure Goff in the same manner they did Sam Bradford and Nick Foles. Jam his recievers, put a fast LB on the RB, and make him get rid of it before he wants to. Teams almost tried to contain the Rams rather than come after them. That's what lead to Gurley exploding through running lanes and Goff having all kinds of time to throw off of PA. No pressure, D always bit on fake to Gurley, wide open crosser.

Pats loaded the box, which stifled the running game, and came with pressure all night. That's the blue print. Goffs passer ratings nose dives when under pressure. McVay has to reinvent himself.

Few more points

-CHI destroyed you.
(
)

-Philly D is not so special (they played 6 games against a division whose QBs all suck. Secondary blows.) They have Fletcher Cox. The end.

SuperMuffin. Do yourself and us a favor. Take a break go outside and find some friends to do something fun. Your Moms basement walls are starting to close in on you. I enjoy the Chiefs offense but you are starting to make me hope that the rash of criminal indictments continue to Eat away at their roster.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
SuperMuffin

That was funny. I decided I liked your post no matter what followed after that.

I think it's time to call it a day too. Your boys are crazy stubborn, bra. They need some time to let the TRUTH sink into their skin like sun tan lotion.

Night fellow ROD members. I hope the crickets are worthy companions in my absence. Til' next time.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Few more points

-CHI destroyed you.
(
)

All other teams have to do is stop the receivers, the running back, and tackle Goff before he throws? Damn it! That's a whole new kind of defense. You must be some kind of genius!

View: https://youtu.be/NoptofKbQ04

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler

Few more points

-CHI destroyed you.
(
)

If you have the horses to jam all 3 receivers, and I mean Kupp not Reynolds, stuff a healthy TG and get pressure on Goff then you should win the SB comfortably. If I remember right this was a tight game into the 4th and the Rams maybe should’ve tied the game. But whatever, if you believe the rest of the nfc is capable of following this blueprint I think you’ll be disappointed.
Knowing what to do and doing it are very different things, the Giants showed the world how to beat the Pats and yet they still end up in the SB year after year. Doesn’t matter if it’s Welker, Amendola or Edelman it’s the same thing and it still works.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That was funny. I decided I liked your post no matter what followed after that.

I think it's time to call it a day too. Your boys are crazy stubborn, bra. They need some time to let the TRUTH sink into their skin like sun tan lotion.

Night fellow ROD members. I hope the crickets are worthy companions in my absence. Til' next time.

I noticed you've been around for a while. I take it you were once a Rams fan before the move?

The thing is, we're both guilty of homerism. The Rams are our team. We're gonna think they're players are among the best. Its what fans do. Obviously, you have a vested interest in the opposite now. Seems like we're both guilty of hopeful thinking.

By the way, I noticed you guys pile on the two bad games but conveniently forget the clutch performance in the NFCCG. Bringing them back from double digit deficits twice in an environment even seasoned vets would struggle. For those who say there's a blue print now, I counter with McVay and Goff learned what gives them the most difficulty and will be making adjustments.

But I suppose we will have to wait until the season to know for sure.