Am I Crazy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
azk6ZFz.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess?

I agree with FrantikRam.

While Zeke & Todd are amazing, I think Barkley is phenomenal.
I guess we'll see. Potential is fie. Doing it on the field as Gurley has done (especially the last two years), is the acid test.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am an Engineer at Comcast, do we have TVs everywhere in our lab.

I caught Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports channel.

Florio and Simms were a joke. They made it sound like the Rams mistake was having McVay and Snead talking up Goff this past year so now they were stuck in having to pay him... Like they drove his price tag up and now had to pay him.

Amazing.

DVontel

Rookie
I guess we'll see. Potential is fie. Doing it on the field as Gurley has done (especially the last two years), is the acid test.
Did you see his stats last season? That’s also with a washed QB & a rather mediocre OLine. He’s not blessed with a dominant OLine & solid QBs to take pressure off like the Rams/Goff & Cowboys/Dak. Not yet at least.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see his stats last season? That’s also with a washed QB & a rather mediocre OLine. He’s not blessed with a dominant OLine & solid QBs to take pressure off like the Rams/Goff & Cowboys/Dak. Not yet at least.
Did you see the TD's Gurley has scored the last two seasons?
vxLa1po.gif

DVontel

Rookie
Did you see the TD's Gurley has scored the last two seasons?
vxLa1po.gif
Both seasons are pretty identical to Barkley’s rookie season. That’s with all the roadblocks he had to deal with also.

This isn’t an indictment on Todd. He’s incredible. I think Barkley is just damn near generational.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barkley was a rookie. I look at guys like Alfred Morris and Doug Martin. Both had over 1,400 yards as rookies. All the promise in the world. Todd has done it since day one. Let’s give Barkley a couple years and find out what he is. But Zeke? No fucking way is he as good as Gurley

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both seasons are pretty identical to Barkley’s rookie season. That’s with all the roadblocks he had to deal with also.

This isn’t an indictment on Todd. He’s incredible. I think Barkley is just damn near generational.
Todd Gurley:
2019 21 TD's
2018 19 TD's

Sasquon Barkley:
2019 15 TD's

Gurley had aboutout 29% more TD's in 2019, and 21% more TD's in 2018 than Barkley's rookie year. That's not "pretty much identical."

DVontel

Rookie
Todd Gurley:
2019 21 TD's
2018 19 TD's

Sasquon Barkley:
2019 15 TD's

Gurley had aboutout 29% more TD's in 2019, and 21% more TD's in 2018 than Barkley's rookie year. That's not "pretty much identical."
So you’re not going to count the receiving TDs for Barkley, but will for Todd? Alright.

Also, factor in the YPC as well. Behind a mediocre OLine & washed up QB as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you’re not going to count the receiving TDs for Barkley, but will for Todd? Alright.

Also, factor in the YPC as well. Behind a mediocre OLine & washed up QB as well.
Don't play that way.
Barkley: 11 TD's rushing, 4 TD's receiving = 15 TD's

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
In my opinion Gurley and Zeke are equal. Both very good and better than each other in different ways. If one HAD to be named #1 I'd give it to Gurley. Zeke gets the yards but Todd seems more versatile. As for Barkley he has really exploded on to the scene like Zeke and Gurley but like a previous poster above said I want to see a couple years under his belt with the same or better production before I can put him in the conversation with Zeke and Gurley.

DVontel

Rookie
Don't play that way.
Barkley: 11 TD's rushing, 4 TD's receiving = 15 TD's
Oh damn, I was looking at the wrong thing. My apologies. Regardless though, I think his potential is still higher than those two & he will continue to surge once his supporting cast gets better.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Todd Gurley:
2019 21 TD's
2018 19 TD's

Sasquon Barkley:
2019 15 TD's

can you see into the future?

oldnotdead

Legend
Just think about all the "We knew it all along" crap the media will spout next year when the Rams walk away with their Lombardi. It's just media noise and history has shown they don't know crap.

TexasRam

Legend
Gurley can get into his third gear quicker than Zeke and Barkley.

Gurley is more nimble around the end zone and a better route runner than the 2 others.

But Zeke and Barkley run with a little more power in my opinion.

All three are neck and neck.

But Gurley is the most balanced in all phases which ultimately why the Rams offense is so effective compared to the others.

These power run games become too predictable and thus inefficient.