All-Time Rams Super Bowl Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
No. As great as Stafford and Whitworth were, Warner was the league MVP in 1999 with monster numbers and Pace was the anchor of one of the best offenses ever.
Your choices were the right ones for the reasons you mention.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which begs the question... Who's gonna be your coach??

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

4p1.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would pick Jeff Wilkins or Matt Gay over Zeurlein. Greg the leg was 1 of 2 in the Superbowl.
Wilkins, NO- he'll always have that 49er stink on him
Gotta be Z, 57 yarder in the NFC Championship? Yes please

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
When would a better time be? Is there going to be a separate special teams thread?
I appreciated Ivory Sully when he was a top Special Teams player for the Rams ... Four Decades Ago.

Thought the timing of your post (minutes after the Rams long-time, much-hated-rival lost a Super Bowl in OT) was a bit Odd. However, like I posted, that's OK. You-do-you.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. As great as Stafford and Whitworth were, Warner was the league MVP in 1999 with monster numbers and Pace was the anchor of one of the best offenses ever.
We were blessed to have both Big Whit and Pace, but Pace was better (imo). I myself would rather have Stafford over Warner in the playoffs. Stafford is tougher when challenges come up and will not quit. Kurt seemed to have more weapons than Stafford had and so Matthew won a Super Bowl, working with less.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As far as a PR/KR goes, Tony Horne was the best I ever saw in 1999.

Name
Jim JACK
My only question with that list is Von Miller? 8 games as a Ram and 4 postseason games? And then left for mo money? I'd put Hacksaw Reynolds in or Mike Jones. He did make the tackle that won the game.
Von Miller was a good player, buy too little time with the Rams.
train

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I appreciated Ivory Sully when he was a top Special Teams player for the Rams ... Four Decades Ago.
Hmm ... okay. That team, which were all great picks were from all Rams Super Bowl teams ... first one was 1979 ... so since I thought his 1979 season was good, he contributed to wins, I went with him over recent guys so I didn't see any reason to skip him if Jack Youngblood and Larry Brooks were going to be on it.

Thought the timing of your post (minutes after the Rams long-time, much-hated-rival lost a Super Bowl in OT) was a bit Odd. However, like I posted, that's OK. You-do-you.
Well, again .... okay ... it's when I saw it so seemed like a good time to respond. Not seeing an issue here ...

Dog Reaction GIF by grey s.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Wilkins, NO- he'll always have that 49er stink on him
Gotta be Z, 57 yarder in the NFC Championship? Yes please
My opinion is I don't think any of them were better than Money from an overall perspective. I'd like to see his success rate on onside kicks vs other kickers. He pulled off 1 in the postseason that he recovered himself and it wasn't one of those straight up rollers. He went up high to get it.

Last edited:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
As far as a PR/KR goes, Tony Horne was the best I ever saw in 1999.
as others pointed out, didn't do punt returns, but in addition to kick returns was a good coverage guy on STs as well.

That 1999 team dominated in all phases

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
As a slight variation to this thread....

I'd be interested in considering the Rams "All Super Bowl Team" based ONLY on the Big Game performances. In other words, criteria would be based on performance in the Super Bowl itself, not on the player's entire season.

Much of the list would be pretty similar. However, a few differences:

Honestly I think Mr. No-name Brycen Hopkins might get the nod for best TE performance?? Hopkins made some CLUTCH first down catches and also made the key block to spring Coop on the critical 4th-down run. Other Ram TE's didn't do much in Sup[er Bowls...?

Probably can't give the nod to Cromwell because of ... uh.. well never mind, too painful to mention. Maybe go with Weddle? I remember he was clutch and played through a torn pec.

A-Shawn Robinson deserves consideration. I remember Raheem saying he thought Robinson was a beast that day.

Hekker was indeed a stud in the "18 game. Over 400 yards! Played well and helped keep us in it.

Probably pick AD in 21 instead of 18, in part because he makes the game clinching play?

Mike Jones of course has to make the list.

Just a thought-provoking variation to the OP.