All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unfortunately, it wasn't tipped. This camera angle makes it look that way.

socalrams90

Starter
The more we engage this issue the more ammo it gives them to discredit the rest of our comeback. I think we shouldn't talk about it anymore, were about to play a damn super bowl!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know the truth is we all play under the same rules. That means we all deal with bad calls. Sometimes they go in your favor and sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they may be make up calls. Either way, we are in the SB. The Saints aren’t. We have had to accept a bad call many times. One of the worst (fake punt call week 9 I believe) was against the very Saints team we played. That call may have cost us HF advantage. This is the nature of the NFL.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Here's the bottom line for the umpteenth time:

Bad call, we obviously got a break. But bad calls happen all the time in NFL games, there will be some on Sunday. That's the human element to officiating (See face mask; Goff). If this PI play happened in the first quarter, no one would care even though it potentially could have cost the Saints points and had just as big an impact on the final score. That's called recency bias.

Saints are whiny bitches. They and the media in their back pockets (see Esiason, Boomer) want to isolate that singular play in a vacuum. Nothing that transpired after it should have happened in their view and but the real kicker is, nothing that happened before that play (see facemask, Goff) matters either.

Doesn't work that way. So f off Saints.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I didn't realize that AD99's face mask got harrassed and he still made a push. Offsetting penalities replay 3rd down :rimshot:

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Hands to the face on Donald the no call p.i. play: Upper left.

Screenshot (38).png

Not sure why people believe the grab of Goff's facemask was incidental or didn't turn his head. I guess he didn't care about Demario Davis about to hit him. Maybe a cute woman in the stands caught his attention.

Screenshot (39).png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NRC said he heard an official say it was tipped. Even if it wasn’t, that could have been enough for an official to not throw the flag.

If the ref right in front of the play hears another ref who was supposed to be watching the line say it was tipped then he doesn’t throw the flag because he wasn’t watching the line. He was watching the receiver and db

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tuck rule was still the worst call ever and cost the Rams a second super bowl win . IMO

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
You can tell the ball wasn't tipped even from that angle bc the rotation nor direction of the ball is altered by Brockers hand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
NRC after the game said the official said it was tipped. So perhaps that is why no flag was thrown?

Sorry for adding to this thread that needs to die, but...

Yeah, the official likely thought it was tipped because there was traffic in front of Brees, but no contact and the ball came out wobbly. Normally, Brees throws a pretty tight spiral and humans are pattern recognition machines. I think that's why Warner didn't get as many calls in some respects... because he was known to throw more than a few ducks.

So, in the moment, with everyone flying around, an untouched Brees threw a duck and the refs likely projected that it was because it was tipped and hence the no call.

It's more an indication that people can sometimes be fooled by visual cues.

On to the Super Bowl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.