All or Nothing VS Hardknocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which did you prefer?

• All or Nothing

Votes: 44 93.6%
  • Hard Knocks

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have always loved Hardknocks as a fan, it was exciting to see the training camp stuff but All or Nothing is on a whole other level to me. I finished watching it yesterday and I gotta say, I may have changed my mind on my feelings towards Jeff. I felt he should have been fired for failing to adapt and hire the right coaches, but my god...that team loves him. Seeing that really made me change my mind a bit.

It also made me see that Boras was out of his depth, McGinnis is just a "yes" man getting a check and that Bones is gonna be here for a long time.

I felt connected with guys like Hayes and Ogletree and Kendricks.

All that aside, I felt absolutely jacked for the upcoming season. Seeing McVay interact was great, tho seeing the war room, I don't feel that everyone was on the same page.

Overall Hardknocks is fun and unsensored but All or Nothing is fucking real. I loved it. I would choose this all day.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I haven't seen All or nothing....the pieces I have seen...seem more realistic tho....some of that Hardknocks stuff looks scripted...I wanted to see some guys cut show real emotion....

Curious @Juggs
what do you mean by the war room and everyone not being on the same page? You mean in the 2017 draft??? Hell, I don't like some of these picks either...

and for you nosey guys...that's the TE and Safety...and we got too many wr's already.

A55VA6

Legend
Haven't seen All or Nothing because I don't have Prime, but I will say from the clips I've seen that it looks a lot better than Hard Knocks.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't seen All or nothing....the pieces I have seen...seem more realistic tho....some of that Hardknocks stuff looks scripted...I wanted to see some guys cut show real emotion....

Curious @Juggs
what do you mean by the war room and everyone not being on the same page? You mean in the 2017 draft??? Hell, I don't like some of these picks either...

and for you nosey guys...that's the TE and Safety...and we got too many wr's already.

McVay kept saying, "it's okay, this is what we wanted" seemed like he said it 3 or 4 times. If not that, something along this lines, like he was trying to convince himself and others. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it caught my eye for sure.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
No comparison IMO. Way more coverage and behind the scenes material in All or Nothing. Way less "Hollywood", way more football.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have only seen clips of "All or Nothing" and it looks sorta cool, but like others, I don't have Prime. What I like about "Hard Knocks" is that it's forward looking and young guys trying to make a squad. It's seeing the inner workings of what the team might become in an yet as un-played season. All or Nothing is a post mortem in the season that was, which is less interesting to me. Why? Because I feel as though I saw it during the season, yet I acknowledge that's probably not true about the inner workings of the team from game to game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can't say yet @Juggs btw I will be watching it soon. It can't be as disappointing as Hard knocks was. It felt like they were trying to make it appeal to the general audience, by giving us the human interest stories and fun bits. I want reality!

By the way, it was all Fisher. He was the head coach. He made the decisions. His team loved him because he was emotional and showed them all love. That is what makes him a bad coach...too much love. He didn't hung onto subparagraph players because he liked them. I doubt Lombardi coached like that. You can't get attached to players, when you are paid to win. Fisher's biggest downfall was hiring Schotty, and Boudreau. He also failed to build a strong OLine.

He made his bed, and he was the one to lie in it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved coach bones before this.. LOVE HIM even more now after watching this can we make st coach for life

Psycho_X

Legend
Hard Knocks was mostly boring I thought. Had interesting parts but overall I would never watch it again.

All or Nothing I'm actually thinking about watching it again some time. Was very well made and actually made me care about a shitty season that I had trouble connecting with when it was actually happening. It actually made me emotionally invested in the three games Bones coached and, even though I knew he'd be retained, that episode where he's expecting not to be there after the season ends and talking about his memories there and in St. Louis... choked me up a little. I would play my ass off for Coach Bones. And Johnny Hekker breaking down and the other players after Fisher got fired... powerful stuff.

And the whole episode following McVay's hire about him, ex-players and coaches in their new digs, and the draft was awesome.

Two thumbs up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I watched a couple episodes of All or Nothing finally. Way better than Hard Knocks. I'll be binge watching the rest over the next couple days. I'm limited anyway. Broke my wrist falling down stairs. My plans to complete some projects around the house and golfing will have to be put on hold. Weather's triple digits. Sounds like a good time for binge watching in the cool AC. (y)

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
all or nothing.jpg
greater than.jpg
hard knocks.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All or Nothing did a great job of showing what was really going on. So it's not even close IMO, it's by far the better show...

It was terrible how Fish foresaw how screwed the team was, and that he saw it coming with a 3-1 record was enlightening. Also it showed how the staff sees things vs how they spin it to the players, which was great. I also liked a lot of the ways Fish connected to the players, the way he led them in the face of knowing all that. His problems were not in the leadership side of things, they were in the offensive teaching and scheming side of things and he knew where it was going.

For me the most enlightening aspect of it all was that three game stretch that finished with the loss to the Giants in London and sunk them to 3-4. Each of those games had critical errors by players on primarily the offensive side of the ball who were known for those types of things:

- Game changing INTs by a backup QB that Fish assumed could be a starter.

- Key drops by guys, to include popping up passes that hit them in the hands to provide turnovers the team could not overcome. I could list who they were, but most are gone now with the exception of Tavon.

- Quick not running the adjusted route for the defensive look there in the redzone to finish up the game in London. If there was one play that ruined this team's season it was that one. And it went back to "why in the F was he in the game in a critical situation?" Talk about zero accountability. I ground my teeth in frustration once again watching that, and could not believe he wasn't cut that following week due to it.

Three games in a row lost on final possessions. Just craziness. Give this offense just one good receiver who can be counted on as a go-to option when it counts and I have to wonder what might have happened. But it all worked out, because I think we have the right dude in charge now.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have only seen clips of "All or Nothing" and it looks sorta cool, but like others, I don't have Prime. What I like about "Hard Knocks" is that it's forward looking and young guys trying to make a squad. It's seeing the inner workings of what the team might become in an yet as un-played season. All or Nothing is a post mortem in the season that was, which is less interesting to me. Why? Because I feel as though I saw it during the season, yet I acknowledge that's probably not true about the inner workings of the team from game to game.

I didn't either, I signed up for the free 1st month. I cancelled it after I was done watching lol

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Question for anyone who knows. Can I watch Prime shows using my Surface tablet and chromecast (which is how I watch Netflix, Hulu, etc.)?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Question for anyone who knows. Can I watch Prime shows using my Surface tablet and chromecast (which is how I watch Netflix, Hulu, etc.)?
Yes..hell i have watched it on my phone at the gym. You just need the Amazom Prime video app.

Last edited:

JRobinson

MiLB
There is no question that my heart hurts for Fish. I pray that the Lord comforts him and his family. But also, my heart is with this team even though they left my town. This show made me emotional. That's how much I care about this franchise.

I haven't had a winning season yet as a fan from 2006. I may never.... but my loyalty lies with the Rams and you friends here.

Here is to McVay and the 2017 Rams.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
After watching the AON series in full it's way better to me than Hard Knocks. I like how you get a more in depth look at meetings, players lives and each game. Way more telling.