All I can say, Is the Rams Better Win MNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
You mean like the RG3 fans that bitched and whined because we didn't take him? Haha ya I don't really care what those kind of fans and media say they were all wrong about him too. I don't like keenum much but Goff needs more time he never was under center in college and that would hurt our running game also.
Exactly. Haters will hate and bitches will bitch.

If the Rams win convincingly, do you think props will be given as due?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly. Haters will hate and bitches will bitch.

If the Rams win convincingly, do you think props will be given as due?
By whom? The Rams are in a no win situation versus the Niners. We won't get much credit if we beat them because we "should" beat them. If we lose, it's because Fisher sucks and the training of Goff was horrible (preventing our franchise QB from starting and winning vs the horrible Niners)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's the point? QB is generally considered the most complex, followed by CB.
The point is, that the QB position is more complex, especially for a guy thats never taken a snap under center. It takes time, more than the other positions.

jap

Legend
The point is, that the QB position is more complex, especially for a guy thats never taken a snap under center. It takes time, more than the other positions.

Why are you raising this issue with me? when have I ever indicated otherwise?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why are you raising this issue with me? when have I ever indicated otherwise?
Well, you said that you saw no proof that Fisher wouldn't start rookies..I just gave you reasoning why he wouldn't in this case. (I did see that you said you would rather see Goff brought around slowly)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If we were in St Louis, there would be criticism from the usual suspects. IN LA? It's going to be 3 times as many media folks with a venomous pen/keyboard...National guys are paying attention to the Rams this year because it's the first year back and will continue to shred us...Even if we win MNF, they will rag on us about the 3rd string Goff.....

FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listening to bad opinions is like smelling the stink from a pile of shit: You should flush it down the toilet before it stinks up the place like a disease.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO this one game is about as must win as they get. If Fish drops this game the OP is right: the scrutiny on everything will go through the MFing roof. Cue the "so let me get this straight, Fisher traded the farm for Goff who is 3rd string behind Keenum who sucks" articles, and a media circus that even Stan won't be able to ignore.

Basically Fisher's career is in Case Keenum's hands. They need this game as bad as they've ever needed any one game.

EDIT: oh and btw as I mentioned in another thread... IF I am the owner and Fish drops this game I would fire him immediately thereafter. That's how much emphasis I have on this one personally.

jap

Legend
Well, you said that you saw no proof that Fisher wouldn't start rookies..I just gave you reasoning why he wouldn't in this case. (I did see that you said you would rather see Goff brought around slowly)

Fish has started rookies he felt were ready to play. Goff doesn't fit that description as yet.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fish has started rookies he felt were ready to play. Goff doesn't fit that description as yet.
I agree, but the 2nd unspoken part is that he has a veteran on the roster with a winning record..We all think Keenum is at best an adequate back up, but Fish see's a guys that most likely won't give away the game through turn overs and can read defenses, and won't screw up the hand off to Gurley.

jap

Legend
I agree, but the 2nd unspoken part is that he has a veteran on the roster with a winning record..We all think Keenum is at best an adequate back up, but Fish see's a guys that most likely won't give away the game through turn overs and can read defenses, and won't screw up the hand off to Gurley.

I just want to see Case take full advantage of the extra attention Todd will draw.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This is going to be a tough game. Division opponents are always tough!

I really hope we pull the win out. I think Tavon and Kendricks/Britt/Quick are going to have to show up in order to open Gurley's world up.

I really hope we see some Tavon usage. Like watch him have a better turn out than Brandin Cooks did today!

GO RAMS!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Not too mention our Oline producing like they have the capability too!

I will throw in a mention about our defense performing well with Alec as the leader!

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
IMO this one game is about as must win as they get. If Fish drops this game the OP is right: the scrutiny on everything will go through the MFing roof. Cue the "so let me get this straight, Fisher traded the farm for Goff who is 3rd string behind Keenum who sucks" articles, and a media circus that even Stan won't be able to ignore.

Basically Fisher's career is in Case Keenum's hands. They need this game as bad as they've ever needed any one game.

EDIT: oh and btw as I mentioned in another thread... IF I am the owner and Fish drops this game I would fire him immediately thereafter. That's how much emphasis I have on this one personally.

No way. No major changes for this team until 2019 imo. Fish is safe until then.

RamWoodie

Legend
The place of my concern is the Ram LB/Safety play They now have Tree in the middle...he's fast and he can get it done but he's still learning, Barron is basically playing as an undersized LB.

I'm not convinced yet the Rams approach here is the best one...but I have to see how they work substitutions because based on the depth chart Tree is the only LB at MLB.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The scrutiny is about to get really intense about off-season decision making. Not starting Goff in favor of Keenum, and we lose MNF in frisco? Meanwhile, Wentz does well with hardly any preseason action, even though it's against the Browns?

If we were in St Louis, there would be criticism from the usual suspects. IN LA? It's going to be 3 times as many media folks with a venomous pen/keyboard...National guys are paying attention to the Rams this year because it's the first year back and will continue to shred us...Even if we win MNF, they will rag on us about the 3rd string Goff.....

FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just me I know, but I couldn't care less what they write or think...I care what the Rams do and that's all..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just me I know, but I couldn't care less what they write or think...I care what the Rams do and that's all..
I like to consume media is all...I will not be doing so if all I get is bashing (baseless bashing, that is)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No way. No major changes for this team until 2019 imo. Fish is safe until then.

I don't buy that. Fish needs to win this year. Rams are in LA now, the team is settled. Stan loves him, and he and Snead make a good pair for bringing in good players overall. But he's gotta win, and if this team comes out the gate slow... Well, let's just say I genuinely hope we don't find out.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I like to consume media is all...I will not be doing so if all I get is bashing (baseless bashing, that is)

That's not to say that I don't read any of it, just that I don't take it seriously...I'm not one of the guys who gets upset about the respect crap...I just want to see good Rams football...Then the rest of the stuff takes care of itself..