Alec Ogletree still looking for a new deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Obviously our offense hurt the defense by not sustaining drives.

Less than 14 first downs a game and 14 points a game does more than just hurt a defense!

They score over 20 points just four times. They scored single digits five times.

The OC was the worst ever.

JRobinson

MiLB
Less than 14 first downs a game and 14 points a game does more than just hurt a defense!

They score over 20 points just four times. They scored single digits five times.

The OC was the worst ever.

No doubt bro. The last 3-4 seasons have been tough to take in regards to the offense aside from Gurley.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No doubt bro. The last 3-4 seasons have been tough to take in regards to the offense aside from Gurley.

And before that it was the defense that was SO bad that they only managed 6 wins in three years!

I just want to see wins. Fun and wins.

andbewbs

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't imagine the Rams tying up over $20.mil in 2018 CAP at ILB for both Barron & Ogletree. Barron's dead money CAP hit drops from $14.mil in 2017 to $3.mil in 2018.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
He's getting $8 million....I see why he did show up...

What if he gets a career ending injury? That's what AD's excuse is. Is AO life not as important? Point is he is playing up until he gets a new contract not sitting on his ass because he is scared to get hurt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
oh geez....who's idea was it to have all these guys contracts expire at the same time?

Really ?? Donald is wrapped up for 3 more years at least !!

People who blame the Agent forget who Ogletree's agent is. ??

Just saying .

--- Ogletree is first class & I'm not taking any thing away from Donald , but if he holds out then I have to wonder.

My believe is he comes in before Indy. Then again who knows , just would be disappointing.

BTW -- The draft pick in a few years are not very high rounds since the Goff trade.
I guess The Rams should be happy Greg Robinsons didn't play all that well. A 7th round pick isn't that bad.

Since The RG111 # 2 pick , The Rams could have traded back with The Bills who drafted Sammy Watkins & signed RG111 as there QB last season. Still have Still have Sammy & another 1st rd pick . Plus who knows what ??

It is what it is. The Rams are in a good spot. --The Tavon Austin trading up for & then signing him to a long term contract though . Still baffles me. The

Zero

Pro Bowler
oh geez....who's idea was it to have all these guys contracts expire at the same time?
Geez,seems like these things are stacking up like firewood.
Just seems like we can't anything done with the players we need to sign.
Just overpaying where we shouldn't be.

Zero

Pro Bowler

People who blame the Agent forget who Ogletree's agent is. ??

Just saying .

--- Ogletree is first class & I'm not taking any thing away from Donald , but if he holds out then I have to wonder.

My believe is he comes in before Indy. Then again who knows , just would be disappointing.

BTW -- The draft pick in a few years are not very high rounds since the Goff trade.
I guess The Rams should be happy Greg Robinsons didn't play all that well. A 7th round pick isn't that bad.

Since The RG111 # 2 pick , The Rams could have traded back with The Bills who drafted Sammy Watkins & signed RG111 as there QB last season. Still have Still have Sammy & another 1st rd pick . Plus who knows what ??

It is what it is. The Rams are in a good spot. --The Tavon Austin trading up for & then signing him to a long term contract though . Still baffles me. The

d50ce1ab4da90f8f3621e331115f01e370ecf2bbf546c575ffcfcf7e3a4ec976.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well let's smoke a dobbie and figure it out.

Aaron Donald has the same agent as Tree.
The Rams added a city year in Donald so that is 2 years. Then they can Franchise him like they are doing with Tru Johnson.
Seems like 4 years ??

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What if he gets a career ending injury? That's what AD's excuse is. Is AO life not as important? Point is he is playing up until he gets a new contract not sitting on his ass because he is scared to get hurt.
Well, $1.8 is a lot different than $8.6....So, you would be in a lot better shape. And $8 million sounds about right for Alec's true value.

not really...I don't see the logic in tagging a player that's willing to hold out. It defeats the purpose of the franchise tag.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, $1.8 is a lot different than $8.6....So, you would be in a lot better shape. And $8 million sounds about right for Alec's true value.

not really...I don't see the logic in tagging a player that's willing to hold out. It defeats the purpose of the franchise tag.

It's all about his play . If Aaron Donald holds out for a certain amount of time ?
He will be hurting himself more than if he was to play . IMO

--We are going to see how this plays out in form or fashion.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's all about his play . If Aaron Donald holds out for a certain amount of time ?
He will be hurting himself more than if he was to play .
Meh...not if he returns soon enough...he'll let the Rams know he serious.....
Any new interested team won't care....they'll pay.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I say sign him now, he's worth it, and it proves a point to AD that when you report to camp, you'll get your contract.

jap

Legend

Well, part of the problem is the Fisher regime gave priority to elevating Tavon's contract over more dependable players like 'Tree. I really like Tavon and his potential, but I always hoped he could benefit from tutelage of ex-Horn greats like Isaac Bruce. However, it seemed to me as though Tavon's old roommate, Stedman Baily, was benefitting more from his limited association with Isaac than Tavon himself.

Meanwhile, 'Tree has quietly emerged as a team leader within the last few years and was more deserving than Tavon of having his contract elevated first. Even Mark Barron was given a blockbuster contract before 'Tree. Granted, they wanted to hold onto Mark, but you have to do a serious & thorough job of defining the pecking order within your team's core group. Is Mark really more important than 'Tree?

When you are building a team with numerous budding stars, contract management becomes so critical. You can't just give inflated contracts to players until they have earned it. Besides the very real fact that it can upset future contract negotiations, it can impart a negative effect on athletes who correctly see themselves as more deserving than the player(s) who had their contracts inflated.