Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I definitely knew that 285 was laughable.

But that's what I consistently saw stated.
Agree.

I have never been able to understand why most teams, on their own team-sites, do not updated weights. It's very common; and fans really should not rely upon roster weights because they are often inaccurate.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Some interesting things about Alaric;

He played basketball up until his junior year in high school so he is still learning.

Showed improvement every year in college with 42 starts at left tackle which means he is now at the position he is most comfortable at.

Looked at as a draft pick that would be taken somewhere between the 3rd and 6th round.

His first pro start at left tackle was not a disaster.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah and PFF mixes run blocking and pass blocking, win %, loss % and other who knows what factors. So maybe Evans is worse vs run than pass, but both still not good enough.
Evans has always been a better run blocker.
His lack of balance can hurt him in the run game but kills him pass blocking. Reminds me of Brown from a few years ago.
Evans can be a force in the running game actually, but, his pass blocking has not really improved over the years.
Hurry back Shelton.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Evans has always been a better run blocker.
His lack of balance can hurt him in the run game but kills him pass blocking. Reminds me of Brown from a few years ago.
Evans can be a force in the running game actually, but, his pass blocking has not really improved over the years.
Hurry back Shelton.
In fairness I really don't see anything the Evans does well besides being able to stay healthy. I will give him that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

In fairness I really don't see anything the Evans does well besides being able to stay healthy. I will give him that.
So true.....any season that IRONMAN #71 provides a boost & becomes a major part of your OL means a large number of losses.

Carberry going with #71 (a 2023 UFA) as a savior to his sickly OL......lets us know he has nothing in his barrel at this time to develop going into the future.

The future of the current Ram OL'ers (even with the 3 OL'ers on the IR who are Rams next year) who are under contract in 2023 is a thick muddy dirty mess! It's going to need a large amount of work to get this OL cleaned up.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I am starting to think that Skura is not ready for prime time physically.

It's hard for me to believe that he hasn't picked up the offense in the 4 weeks that he's been here.

If he can get healthy enough he would be a great re-sign and definite upgrade and backup Guard over Evans.

He could even be an upgrade at Center over Allen with a bigger rear end behind it.
2023;
I'm still all in on Alaric Jackson until he proves otherwise.
AJ Acuri or Ty Neseki or Pircher as a possible swing tackle.
All players reach their peak and develop out at different periods in their career.
Witness Geno Smith.
I believe that Alaric will be an excellent swing tackle project right tackle or left tackle until I see otherwise.
He was actually crazy good at guard for a guy thrust in there as a second year udfa.

I'm like the Monkees;

I'm a Believer,
....(until I see otherwise).

Look at how many candidates we have at guard;
Bruss
Aboushi
Edwards
Anchor'em
Shelton
Brewer(?) (Not counting on this guy)
Kolone, who I still thought did pretty good for a third stringer thrown into this mess.
Havenstein seems to be hanging in there pretty good so far.

What made this offensive line a mess is absolutely the injuries and our coaching staff praying that they wouldn't happen.

I think we should possibly concentrate on a good Guard/ Center in the draft, a big bruiser running back and the best run blocking fullback out there.

There McVay, I fixed it.

And .....you're welcome.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bosa's one of the best in the business. He is of course going to win vs a young LT.

But notice that Bosa was lining up other than LT too. He wasn't feasting on Jackson like he did with Boom. Jackson has the lead in his ass to handle the power rush.
Agree. In a season with very few positives ....Alaric Jackson is one. Rams should plan to go with the Shelton RFA 2 yr contract plan when Alaric Jackson hits RFA status in 2024. Jackson provides a serious backup to the injury resume of Joe Noteboom. He very well could be the starter @ LT when the regular season begins. depending on Noteboom's rehabbing event results & the remaining 10 gms of this season.

AJ is the top positive 2022 OL'er that has blossomed. Finding the next positive OL'er is hard. I would guess it would be luck to sign OG Oday Aboushi as a reserve.

The under-contract Snead's OT's is one area where this Org can stand pat going into the 2023 season. Snead could have Havenstein/ Jackson/ Noteboom/ Arcuru/ Pircher fighting to be part of McVay's 2023 OL. I would also plan on the trio of Allen/ Shelton/ Skura as their center unit going into 2023. It will permit HC McVay to completely concentrate on the interior OG's.

Snead/McVay might have some young possible starting OG's lurking its still unknown if these two are good enough. Depending on the reconstruction of OT/OG Logan Bruss knee, 2nd rehabbing event of OG Tremayne Anchrum Knee/lower leg 2021/2022 & resigning of veteran swing OG Oday Aboushi. Snead needs to find a cheap cost starting OG from the 2023 draft.

Not advocating the return of Bobby Evans, David Edwards, Ty Nsekhe, Chandler Brewer, Jeremiah Kolone.
I have heard that school buses have governors on them where they do not produce any power so they remain on the bus pool for long periods of time without much service or repairs...#71 might have several governors contained inside him.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This may sound crazy BUT

I am actually thinking we're doing pretty good considering how incredibly messed up our offensive line has been through injuries.

Solidify the line just a little, and I guarantee you Stafford wants to get us there again.

At least one or two playoff games minimum.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They're gonna need to get Evans playing better ball. Run some fucking stunt practices ffs. The guy has zero awareness. Now last year Corbs looked the same early on, well ok not as bad as Evans but poor in recognition of DL fun & games and got better after the midseason point.

The plan here has to be to not get Stafford killed. We're gonna have to ride his arm and rebuild this attack now with little to no threat from the offensive backfield.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I am starting to think that Skura is not ready for prime time physically.

It's hard for me to believe that he hasn't picked up the offense in the 4 weeks that he's been here.

Skura bumped Kolone back to the practice squad just before the 49'er game, so he likely knows the 'calls' now.