Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Someone who knows online play much better than me... please tell me if I'm wrong.

He was not at all the problem today... at least not in the pass game.

Looks to me like a guy who was taking care of business.. and someone I'd be happy to have in that spot.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree although I have to rewatch it to assess. It always blows me away how some of our Ram family can assess that in real-time.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree although I have to rewatch it to assess. It always blows me away how some of our Ram family can assess that in real-time.
I re-watched and focused on him. I'm no expert... I just saw a guy who wasn't getting beat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, man. We'll see. He whiffed on some run blocks early and obviously gave up a sack late (before I turned it off). McVay focused the offense today on protecting the OL, so I'm not sure how much stock we can put into it. At a minimum, he seems like a good backup OL.

TexasRam

Legend
I don't know, man. We'll see. He whiffed on some run blocks early and obviously gave up a sack late (before I turned it off). McVay focused the offense today on protecting the OL, so I'm not sure how much stock we can put into it. At a minimum, he seems like a good backup OL.
Agreed. Bosa utterly destroyed him on that late sack. Little early to say much about him due to quick pass stuff Mcvay has been forced to run. I mean he's better then a few backups we have thrown in the fire like Kolone and our boy Evans, but that isn't saying much.

I'm tempted to rewatch the game to see how the individual Olineman played but don't think I can stomach the shitshow again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bosa's one of the best in the business. He is of course going to win vs a young LT.

But notice that Bosa was lining up other than LT too. He wasn't feasting on Jackson like he did with Boom. Jackson has the lead in his ass to handle the power rush.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Agreed. Bosa utterly destroyed him on that late sack. Little early to say much about him due to quick pass stuff Mcvay has been forced to run. I mean he's better then a few backups we have thrown in the fire like Kolone and our boy Evans, but that isn't saying much.

I'm tempted to rewatch the game to see how the individual Olineman played but don't think I can stomach the shitshow again.
C'mon Texas, I for one would look forward to reading your analysis on the O line play.
I know it'll be painful but sometimes ya gotta take one for the team!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Bosa's one of the best in the business. He is of course going to win vs a young LT.

But notice that Bosa was lining up other than LT too. He wasn't feasting on Jackson like he did with Boom. Jackson has the lead in his ass to handle the power rush.

Jackson looked stronger, quicker & more alert than Boom, from what I watched.

One sack against Bosa? In your first start?

I have zero issue with that.

We’ll see if he grows… but I’m optimistic.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea and while I know a sacks a sack the Rams all had just been deflated basically a souls crushing sack but it's Bosa dumb as he is he is a great player I can live with that in your 1st start with a team that destroys us. That can improve with we experience.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plenty of reason to be optimistic, but I'd caution to tap the brakes on any sort long term assessment. He's got a start under his belt, which also means he's got a game on tape for teams to look at.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
PFF grades had Hav, Allen, Aboushi top 3 linemen yesterday.

I like Alaric though he was 4th and you know who came in last! What is keeping Evans on the team??? Because the so-called experience over the others really isn't a factor with such a low score.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I like Alaric though he was 4th and you know who came in last! What is keeping Evans on the team??? Because the so-called experience over the others really isn't a factor with such a low score.
Y'know... I usually check the PFF stuff and it usually kind of reinforces what I think I saw...

But.. yesterday? I did not think the right side of the line had a good day. I must be just missing stuff.. because the right side actually looked pretty lame a few times.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Y'know... I usually check the PFF stuff and it usually kind of reinforces what I think I saw...

But.. yesterday? I did not think the right side of the line had a good day. I must be just missing stuff.. because the right side actually looked pretty lame a few times.
Yeah and PFF mixes run blocking and pass blocking, win %, loss % and other who knows what factors. So maybe Evans is worse vs run than pass, but both still not good enough.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah and PFF mixes run blocking and pass blocking, win %, loss % and other who knows what factors. So maybe Evans is worse vs run than pass, but both still not good enough.
I'm not really trying to defend Evans... I'm more baffled by the high grades Hav and Aboushi got. I wasn't impressed.

Maybe Evans is just a black hole that destroys the entire line.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm not really trying to defend Evans... I'm more baffled by the high grades Hav and Aboushi got. I wasn't impressed.

Maybe Evans is just a black hole that destroys the entire line.
According to PFF Hav allowed 2 pressures 0 sacks and Aobushi allowed 0 pressures. But we saw how the running game went... so yeah, same old problems.

And to correct myself Evans had a pass block grade of 15.5, so he was slightly better in the run game. 15.5! I wonder what a 0 grade consists of.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Someone who knows online play much better than me... please tell me if I'm wrong.

He was not at all the problem today... at least not in the pass game.

Looks to me like a guy who was taking care of business.. and someone I'd be happy to have in that spot.
For his first start against San Francisco's defensive line.

Not too shabby.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I was watching Alairic Jackson at every hike until the play developed and particularly in the replays.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

Evans actually provided us with a boost in the run game on a few of the long runs he was still up field hitting 49ers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
58CE9D59-5682-4823-BC08-E55A80A1DBF9.png