Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Durability, not a lot of starts. Size and measurements. I don't know man. I'm sure he'll be there for us though.

Maybe you take him, start him inside (bye bye Dotson) and let him develop in there.
It would be bye bye Noteboom for me and sign Dotson.
Heck.. he’s your insurance if Jackson steps back.. and maybe starter at LT in 25. Who knows.. maybe even right tackle at that point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He'll be an RFA in.... Over the Cap has his 2023 Valuation @ 7.3 Million
Not sure you were asking in general or asking if the original poster knew...
I guess a little bit of both.You know the Rams are in a good situation in regards of the players they have signed & traded for besides the draft & Big Time FA’s.
Demarcus Robinson & Whiterspoon both played really well this season.Dotson was off the CHARTS for a 5th rd pick. The Rams will get that in Comp Picks alone.

Ronnie Rivers is looking good as a UDRFA like Alaric Jackson.Hoecht as well.
Darius Williams was a All Pro this season,so just shows the talent The Rams have developed.

—There even more examples,but it will be interesting this offseason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Heck.. he’s your insurance if Jackson steps back.. and maybe starter at LT in 25. Who knows.. maybe even right tackle at that point.

Well you can say whatever you want & thoughts. I know I was wrong about personnel these last couple weeks.

The solid is what Joesph Noteboom means to Sean Mcvay & The Rams.

Then again I don’t know about the money savings of cutting Noteboom??? He is The Perfect swing T/G.
Brian Allen is basically GONE ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet they would have to restructure ... if he wants to remain a Ram
Cant restructure Boom, he is in the last year of his deal which had already been restructured. Going in to 2024, they are carrying 15 mill of dead cap, with 2 void years in '25 & '26
Essentially the only way to keep him around would be to either release him and re-sign him, or sign him to an extension.
Not sure why they would do either as it would be committing to him for several more seasons

oldnotdead

Legend
Alaric Jackson will the starting LT one more year playing on probably a second round tender. He's a long way from a finished product so I doubt any team would give up a second round pick. It will give them one more year to see if he progresses next year. It allows the team to use him as a bridge while they draft an OT and either play him at RT to move to LT in 2025 or use him as a swing. The wild card in the mix is Arcuri. He's been hanging around now for two years as a 7th round pick. IMO either he can play swing this coming season or he will be gone.

Noteboom's injury IMO sealed his fate with the Rams. That kind of injury takes a long time to heal and probably becomes a chronic issue. The real question is what they will do with Havenstein. He certainly didn't play like a $14.7M OT when they needed him to be in Detroit. It's why I wouldn't be surprised to see them releasing both Havenstein (due to cap) and Noteboom due to injury which would save them over $21M on the cap.

Doing that will give them the cap money if they decide to extend Dotson which even then would surprise me. IMO Dotson outplayed his ability for the Rams to keep him. I see them offering $6-$7M / year to Dotson but I think he will get better offers elsewhere. If he was in their long-term plans IMO they would have extended him when they traded for him. They did likewise with Corbett and didn't extend him either. IMO a lot will depend upon Wendell's estimation of how well or not McClendon has progressed in his transition to OG. I think they can see a 4th or 5th round comp pick for him next year.

So IMO the question is what will the right side of the OL look like this coming season?

LT Jackson (tendered)
LG Avila
C Shelton (extended)
RG Dotson? McClendon? Rookie?
RT Havenstein? Arcuri? Rookie?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's why I wouldn't be surprised to see them releasing both Havenstein (due to cap) and Noteboom due to injury which would save them over $21M on the cap.
Of course this isnt true, alas....
A cut or trade of Havenstein saves 2.5 mill, Boom 5 mill

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd have a hard time passing on some of the WR, CB, or Edge talent that will most likely be there at that point for that though.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see people speculating that havenstein will be cut again, despite having another good year. It's officially a Rams off-season lol

jjab360

Legend
I see people speculating that havenstein will be cut again, despite having another good year. It's officially a Rams off-season lol
What's funny is how many cap casualties are cut or traded every year but it's never, ever the one player some posters seem to be absolutely fixated on

Havenstein is going to retire a Ram and I find it humorous that drives some people completely mad

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hey now... I'm not talking about this offseason... I'm talking about next offseason... and only in a scenario where they have younger options already on the roster.

Lol.. I do appreciate the joke, though.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's funny is how many cap casualties are cut or traded every year but it's never, ever the one player some posters seem to be absolutely fixated on

Havenstein is going to retire a Ram and I find it humorous that drives some people completely mad
Dude just shows up and does his job every year and ends up in the cut candidates lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey now... I'm not talking about this offseason... I'm talking about next offseason... and only in a scenario where they have younger options already on the roster.

Lol.. I do appreciate the joke, though.
Haha yeah just having a laugh at the trend. Not bashing your logic or anything. Havenstein is the walking version of the "what he say f me for?" Meme lmao

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Cant restructure Boom, he is in the last year of his deal which had already been restructured. Going in to 2024, they are carrying 15 mill of dead cap, with 2 void years in '25 & '26
Essentially the only way to keep him around would be to either release him and re-sign him, or sign him to an extension.
Not sure why they would do either as it would be committing to him for several more seasons
Thanks ... I don't follow deals that much ... appreciate the info

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He'll be an RFA in.... Over the Cap has his 2023 Valuation @ 7.3 Million
Not sure you were asking in general or asking if the original poster knew...
Just to post again on the 2023 valuation.That $7.3 million figure
would be an excellent number & $34 over 3 years would really help The Rams structure a solid foundation imo.
Maybe Add a 1 year match on Dotson ? Let The Draft come to them in 2024.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Of course this isnt true, alas....
A cut or trade of Havenstein saves 2.5 mill, Boom 5 mill

LMFAO again !! NEVER ceases to amaze me !! So what is Booms Injury ONDY is posting about ?

Alaric Jackson is a Ram at Heart.Like I just posted,IMO he will get a fair deal that keeps him a Ram. ??

The Rams have Maunck as an adviser which will only help.Wendle is good,but if you go back to the 2017 COMBINE ?
You’ll see Kromer(Aaron) Zak ,with his dad scouting together in the stands.

I trust this group very much & I know Sean Mcvay talks about trust (ing). This is where Les Snead also adds to his Mad Science!! Whatever that is Steve Avila only going into his 2nd season helps .

—I know Joesph Noteboom is very humble & appreciative.He knows what it takes & how to be a professional.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The way McVay has praised Noteboom this year plus a game ball looks like he's not going anywhere. They will ride that contract out and then decide. Alaric has shown some improvement to be the LT but I wouldn't be against finding a future stud there at some point. McVay may keep him at that spot unless he really starts messing up consistently. Bruss is the wild card in the OL. Can he finally show us something back from that injury? If not a totally wasted pick there.