After 3 games, it’s safe to say that our D is not yet complete...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Well when you lose two shut down corners through about a half of football...

Yeah might not be so complete at that point...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
They need just a decent edge rusher doesn't have to be a superstar but someone who can seal the edge and force the qb up into the teeth of that defensive line that's the key. Anyone think a Trent Murphy could be had? He not going to be a major part of the bills future maybe a pick or a guard they need help big time on the offensive line. Dante fowler was mention as shopped earlier this season but that's a pipe dream and seems like that s quieted down.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2nd half of week 4 last year was when this D started clicking.

I think we were all hoping it wouldn't take that long with Talib being familiar and then only integrating Suh and Peters as the newbies. But maybe we were wrong. Count me as another one that is somewhat disappointed with this defense so far. And yes, I realize how crazy that is when we've allowed the fewest points in the NFL.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams have gone long stretches on D without blitzing.
This is because they want to play man coverage, not be clever, just beat you with skill.
With both Peters and Talib out that likely means more zone or mixed coverage....which means a need to disguise it.....which means more blitzes.....which may mean more sacks but will also mean more big plays.
If you see Wade blitzing a lot more then next several weeks that means zone. And that is happening because the two corner stones on the backside D are out.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
D is #1 in points allowed and 1st downs allowed so far.

#6 in passing yards allowed, rushing yards allowed.

Their worst stat by far is the rushing avg per carry. Many of the rest are top 10.

I think overall it's great so far for the kind of offense we have.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah, the D-line needs to live up to their billing. Right now they surely aren't. 27th against the run and giving up an insane 5 yds a carry. Of course the LB's own part of that stat also. I don't really care what some PFF guy with a slide rule says about AD's impact. as far as stops, tackles, sacks and hits...I'm not seeing it. With our lockdown corners sidelined I'm sure we will see more blitzes and exotic packages from Wade. Hopefully they D-line will open the flood gates Thursday night.

We really need Mark Barron back. with him and Littleton on the inside I think the run D will be improved.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah, the D-line needs to live up to their billing. Right now they surely aren't. 27th against the run and giving up an insane 5 yds a carry. Of course the LB's own part of that stat also. I don't really care what some PFF guy with a slide rule says about AD's impact. as far as stops, tackles, sacks and hits...I'm not seeing it. With our lockdown corners sidelined I'm sure we will see more blitzes and exotic packages from Wade. Hopefully they D-line will open the flood gates Thursday night.

We really need Mark Barron back. with him and Littleton on the inside I think the run D will be improved.
in my opinion the LBs and the secondary own the insane 5yds per carry. I see teams running away from AD and Suh while double teaming Brockers. That's on the LBs and safety to make a play. Also please remind those guys to tackle first before going for the strip. Barron would make such a big difference, we would see less of MC.