After 3 games, it’s safe to say that our D is not yet complete...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It’s a helluva D, to be sure. And loaded with elite types throughout.

But a couple of things are not meeting expectations, at least not yet.

1) OLB play is not even at NFL average levels, tbh. They blow contain all too often and rarely get there when rushing. I expected more. I didn’t expect Pro Bowl level, but when one considers the DL and the secondary they play with, I do think that the OLB’s should benefit greatly. Sooooo...

2) Suh and AD have not been the Uber dominators that at least I expected. Some may call it heresy to question those two premier DL stars, but I’m just passing along the impressions rendered with my own 2 eyes through the first 3 games. Now, that may yet come. Probably will come as the D gels. But so far? Neither player is justifying their respective salaries, IMO.

Whitworth has
Gurley has
Cooks has
Woods has
Hav has
Sully has
Talib has
Peters has
Brockers has

Nobody’s complaining about the bang for the buck from the above players. But AD and Suh? Still waiting, dammit!

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I think we’ll see Donald and Suh get more pressure in time. I’m not worried.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
LBer is a big weakness with this team, I've said that all offseason. Littleton looks good, the others average at best.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I've heard announcers talk about how our LBs have definitely been protected by our D-Line. However, our defense isn't racking up sacks like I hoped they would. They've definitely dominated the trenches, but not racking the stats

Rainram

Starter
Yea...I know they’re getting pressures. But they’ve gone up against some backups, rookies and UDFA players against the Cardinals and Bolts.

Somewhere in there I would have expected a couple more sacks.

I agree about the LBers too. Longacre isn’t doing it for me. I want to like Ebukam and Littleton, but they need to improve still. Barron is M.I.A.

Wade needs to do some tweaking for sure.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bet this will tick a number of members off here. :rant::fuelfire: its not my intension, but this is worth looking at....

I read many fans think its takes time for a player who missed all of Training Camp & Pre Season to get back up to speed, in shape & untracked? Should I go there? :sneak: :thinking:

DMVP's ...Khalil Mack vs Aaron Donald? Mack has 13 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles,1 fumble recover & 1 INT. Donald has 7 tackles.....

So very glad we are currently undefeated with Aaron Donald even with our current defensive concerns....:yess: :) look @ Oakland & Pittsburgh.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Um....How do you beat a powerful inside push by DTackles? Oline just has to hold them off for 2 seconds. How about short quick passes to Tight Ends...Will that defeat All Pro DTackles? Look at the complete picture instead of just sacks, because our two DT's were pushing the pocket in, but the QB's are getting rid of it

Bonifay, who gives a freak about a different positional player like Mack coming of the edge? You can't compare the two positions by looking at sacks, and yes, I'd take Donald over Mack every Sunday. Period.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
LBer is a big weakness with this team, I've said that all offseason. Littleton looks good, the others average at best.

I like our LB corps in terms of having skill sets in certain packages, but I would prefer we have some linebackers who can shine in various situations. Hopefully the next offseason will answer those woes.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Bet this will tick a number of members off here. its not my intension, but this is worth looking at....

I read many fans think its takes time for a player who missed all of Training Camp & Pre Season to get back up to speed, in shape & untracked? Should I go there? :sneak: :thinking:

DMVP's ...Khalil Mack vs Aaron Donald? Mack has 13 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles,1 fumble recover & 1 INT. Donald has 7 tackles.....

Donald had 7 tackles after three games last year, and only one sack in his first four games. Then 10 sacks in his next 10 games.

His splash plays will come, and they will come fast and furious again.

Ram65

Legend
I was hoping the defense would gel with a little more time. Suh and Donald haven't been able to make big plays and need more help off the edge. Ebukam shows some glimpses of a creating a pass rush but, he isn't there yet. Littleton has played well while Wilson is a little inconsistent. Losing the cornerbacks may stunt the progress. Rams could use another pass rusher.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I want to like Ebukam and Littleton, but they need to improve still.

What? You know Littleton is 58, right? He's the one out there kicking ass, taking names, intercepting the ball, wrapping up ball carriers while 8 other guys run and chop at the ball doing not a damn thing to end the play.

Littleton has been playing his ass off at a high level. I've honestly no clue how you could think he's underperforming.

That may have come off a little strong. Oh well. Littleton kicks ass.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Bet this will tick a number of members off here. :rant::fuelfire: its not my intension, but this is worth looking at....

So very glad we are currently undefeated with Aaron Donald even with our current defensive concerns....:yess: :) look @ Oakland & Pittsburgh.

How many holding calls has Donald forced? Curious on that number... I would guess at least 4.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
We're no. 1 in points against, no. 5 in opponent yards. Sometimes "success" shows up in the fact opponents are game planning to avoid your strengths--all 3 opponents thus far have tried to neutralize our pass rush with a quick out game. I kind of feel disappointed about the Suh/AD teamup too, but I also think maybe Suh is doing more than we think and soaking up a lot of attention in there that doesn't show up in splashy hurries and sacks.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
...and Barron is one of my favorite Rams from last year. I'm reeeally hoping he can turn the corner on that nagging injury, but as time goes on I'm less and less hopeful.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How many holding calls has Donald forced? Curious on that number... I would guess at least 4.
I posted about the lack of holding calls of OL'ers on AD this morning. Its so much easier to get away with holding a DT in that mass of humanity than an Edge Outside Rusher like Mack. Get no arguement from me on this.

Not desiring to take any earned praise away from Cory Littleton's play the first 3 gms....1st having won his first NFL starting post, 2nd in a new position & 3rd in a new leadership role.....bet if you were to ask Cory why he was having such a great early season he would give all the credit to the big guys in that DL.

Most likely more than 4 PhillyRam. I could not find any stats on that catagory.:)

Last edited:

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Last year Rams defense gave up 4.7 yards a rush. Bottom of the barrel.

Preseason about the same.

Through 3 games its now up to 5.0 yards a pop.

This is far from championship level run defense.

RamsFan47

Rookie
In context, the Rams as a whole are beating teams at an avg. of 22 points per game. But I agree, the defense is not yet complete. Winning by 12 against the charger was our "tightest" game to date. Rams have given up some big plays for sure but the emotional/psychological momentum hasn't shifted all season to date. They've had the edge in every game- no doubt about it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Donald also came in light and I’m sure they’re working on his total condition as we speak