Adam Caplan Tweets on Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was just thinking about this. For months now we've been talking about the Rams getting rid of him and Harvey Dahl, and so far nothing has been done. Granted it's still way too early, right now they are standing pat with what they have.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams Scott Wells summary 2012/2013 two seasons.

Knee surgery clean out after Rams signing
Broke foot in first half of first Ram game
Surgery performed Wells was IR'd in 2012
First day back to practice after broken foot Wells injured the same knee he had cleaned out earlier
After 2012 season Wells had knee surgery again on that same knee.
Broke his leg and was placed on IR'd in 2013

Yeah this looks like a sound healthy move for a 33 yr old center. If Wells is outplayed by Tim Barnes & Barrett Jones he will be a final pre season release!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wouldn't surprise me to see Long, rookie, Wells, Saffold, Barksdale.

If Saffold isn't retained I look for C. Williams to be back and to battle Barrett Jones for a starting G job.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
What's going on with Jones? Is he healthy?

Nothing against Wells but he's always injured. I'd like to see Jones start and get some experience, that kids got talent(Judging from his college achievements)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Our big money OLine
th

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does this say to anyone that the Rams are even close to set along the O-line? They could seize $4.5 mill toward the cap but they're likely to hold onto a 33 yr old center that has played 19 of 32 games since coming here and two of those games were hardly full games. Draft some real O-line talent - PLEASE?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not really concerned about how much cap space could be had as long as it doesn't change the Rams plans for the offseason. It seems pretty evident that the Rams FO that we currently have is pretty good at identifying the people they want and going and getting them.

If the cap space that Wells will account for would eliminate that...and his value to the team wouldn't offset losing out on that player, then the FO would make the move accordingly.

I think Snead/Fisher/Demoff have put a value on the FA's they are looking at and know what they are willing to pay and what they need to do to get them.

The big question this off-season is whether Snisher can admit their mistakes, so far the rumblings are pointing to no, but they still have plenty of time.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trust the Rams FO on this move. The guy is only a few years removed from being a pro bowl Center, no guarantee anyone in the draft would even be on the same level as wells. If he stays healthy, our line will be vastly improved.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Does this say to anyone that the Rams are even close to set along the O-line? They could seize $4.5 mill toward the cap but they're likely to hold onto a 33 yr old center that has played 19 of 32 games since coming here and two of those games were hardly full games. Draft some real O-line talent - PLEASE?

But they can still draft guys and keep Wells and cut him before the season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The big question this off-season is whether Snisher can admit their mistakes, so far the rumblings are pointing to no, but they still have plenty of time.
Meh. I think that is a fan created misconception. A coach and GM is not going to rot on the vine because they don't want to look like they made a bad pick-up. Everyone makes picks and FA acquisitions that don't pan out. The idea that we see a player as someone to get rid of and because the coach and GM doesn't see it that way, they are just doing it because they don't want to admit their mistakes is IMO ludicrous. I realize egos are huge when you get to this level but.....

Meh. I think that is a fan created misconception. A coach and GM is not going to rot on the vine because they don't want to look like they made a bad pick-up. Everyone makes picks and FA acquisitions that don't pan out. The idea that we see a player as someone to get rid of and because the coach and GM doesn't see it that way, they are just doing it because they don't want to admit their mistakes is IMO ludicrous. I realize egos are huge when you get to this level but.....

True and I'll wait and see how it works out before criticising, but believe me if they keep Finnegan and Wells and they both end up sucking/injured I'll be first in line with my pitchfork.

Alan

Legend
I don't believe that his is good news for the Rams if true.