Adam Caplan Tweets on Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I trust the Rams FO on this move. The guy is only a few years removed from being a pro bowl Center, no guarantee anyone in the draft would even be on the same level as wells. If he stays healthy, our line will be vastly improved.

Last good season 2011...now going into 2 & 1/4 yrs removed from that pro bowl season...Wells is two knee surgeries on that same knee, one set of broken foot bones & following surgery, & a broken leg removed from that pro bowl season....not really the same player in my book. Would saying he looks brittle be too strong?

On the positive side when he was healthy he did better than Saffold @ ORT or Williams @ OLG or Harvey Dahl @ ORG.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This means nothing. We are keeping Scott Wells in the same way we kept Walton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. Wells is solid when on the field but he can't stay healthy for us. Seems they released Finnegan and I gotta believe they'll release Dahl.

jjab360

Legend
Meh. Wells is solid when on the field but he can't stay healthy for us. Seems they released Finnegan and I gotta believe they'll release Dahl.
I think they'll release Dahl based on whether or not they can bring Saffold back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they'll release Dahl based on whether or not they can bring Saffold back.

He's owed a roster bonus on the 3rd(IIRC) day of the new league year, I think he'll get cut before that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
But they can still draft guys and keep Wells and cut him before the season.

That's it, there's no little benefit in cutting him now. Give him a rugged traing camp and if he gets hurt then cut him. It'd be the same savings.

This gives adds to my logic that we're drafting a PM in the top ten.

Clowney, Watkins, Mack all viable options.

Last edited:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last good season 2011...now going into 2 & 1/4 yrs removed from that pro bowl season...Wells is two knee surgeries on that same knee, one set of broken foot bones & following surgery, & a broken leg removed from that pro bowl season....not really the same player in my book. Would saying he looks brittle be too strong?

On the positive side when he was healthy he did better than Saffold @ ORT or Williams @ OLG or Harvey Dahl @ ORG.

Yeah I get all that I'm saying I trust in the rams FO to determine if he's healthy

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I really think the true value of retaining Scott Wells is the options he could give the Org if he is healthy and competitive.
Some of those options might be:
#1- Use Wells -Jones & Barnes in a three way fight for the starting center post and the top reserve.
#2- Permits the 26-4 yr 6-4/309 pound Tim Barnes to work some in one or both open OG posts
#3- permits 23 yr 2 yr 6-4/308 pound Jones to work in one or both open OG posts. Jones has 26 starts @ ORG @ Bama.

None may be the bonified answer @ either OG posts but Barnes has been here now going on 4 yrs with the Rams he knows what Boudreau wants. Barrett Jones has one full year under his belt too. So they could hold the fort down long enough for the newly drafted rookie OL'ers get settled down.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm sure Fisher did it out of fear of my scorn.

I emailed him a copy of your post, he sent this reply back:

I'll get on that right away, it had not even crossed my mind until this email just now, please let him know it'll be handled by the end of the day.

:ROFLMAO:

fearsomefour

Legend
Does this say to anyone that the Rams are even close to set along the O-line? They could seize $4.5 mill toward the cap but they're likely to hold onto a 33 yr old center that has played 19 of 32 games since coming here and two of those games were hardly full games. Draft some real O-line talent - PLEASE?
Seeing as how C is widely regarded (meaning by me) as the second most important Oline position if Wells is not released who does that say more about, Wells or Jones?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seeing as how C is widely regarded (meaning by me) as the second most important Oline position if Wells is not released who does that say more about, Wells or Jones?
Good point. Say... wasn't that MY point?