About the AD contract impasse...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IDK train....you can't continue to lose clubhouse leaders....not paying players got us in trouble in the 90's.....Demoff is acting like Shaw and Georgia

Suh got $26 million a season. Donald is better than Suh. And I like Suh....wanted him over Sammy B. Hell, I'd take him now.

I don’t think your on the right track.

—Demoff has paid a lot of guys that The Rams could not afford because of the cap. They have lost out in a lot of dead money. Tavon is going to be another example.

The Rams need to sign players they have. If over paying Tru Johnson 2 years in a row is cheap & unloyal is BS !!

McVay will have a big say in some of this. Snead not as much ? Will see what happens when the dust starts to settle.

If you don’t think Aaron Donald means a lot to The Rams is silly. As far as team leaders ?

Letting Ogletree & Quinn go we’re football moves as well as cap . That is a statement they are going to get the Aaron Donald signing done.
Gurley is up next & then Goff. The Rams are looking ahead with these guys becoming FA’s as well .

What happens to Mark Barron & Tavon will be interesting. Those guys are NOT CHEAP !!.

Getting 2 all pro CB’s for less than Tru Johnson is a GREAT football move .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don’t think your on the right track.

—Demoff has paid a lot of guys that The Rams could not afford because of the cap. They have lost out in a lot of dead money. Tavon is going to be another example.

The Rams need to sign players they have. If over paying Tru Johnson 2 years in a row is cheap & unloyal is BS !!

McVay will have a big say in some of this. Snead not as much ? Will see what happens when the dust starts to settle.

If you don’t think Aaron Donald means a lot to The Rams is silly. As far as team leaders ?

Letting Ogletree & Quinn go we’re football moves as well as cap . That is a statement they are going to get the Aaron Donald signing done.
Gurley is up next & then Goff. The Rams are looking ahead with these guys becoming FA’s as well .

What happens to Mark Barron & Tavon will be interesting. Those guys are NOT CHEAP !!.

Getting 2 all pro CB’s for less than Tru Johnson is a GREAT football move .

Seems we keep paying the wrong guys....Foles, Tavon, Ogletree.....TRU......and our best player, Donald, remains unsigned....sends a bad message to rookies that perform.

We do need to sign the "GOOD" players we have. We keep signing the ok players...and the good ones, leave.

McVay should have a huge say....So should Snead....Seems as if Demoff is deciding who stays or goes by offering sub-optimal contracts to our premium players....strange philosophy.:thinking:

Aaron Donald means EVERYTHING to this defense right now. He must be gameplanned around every week. We should sign him, no matter the cost.

No problems moving Tree.....Not sure about Quinn.

After the past, don't see how we sign Gurley or Goff...

Mark Barron can play...Tavon can't.....shouldn't be in the same sentence or conversation....

We got Peters and Talib....luckily....we kept tagging Tru on our own...Great football move, but lucky it worked out the way it did.

Don't know why I'ma add this but....don't know why we tagged Joyner?:banghead::confused::thinking::giveup:

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Like I mentioned in the Watkins post, looks like the Rams dont want to pay market value for players. Certainly that needs to change in the case of Donald, the best defender in the NFL. Im not confident in his resigning, hope to be wrong,

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Like I mentioned in the Watkins post, looks like the Rams dont want to pay market value for players. Certainly that needs to change in the case of Donald, the best defender in the NFL. Im not confident in his resigning, hope to be wrong,

More than one report last year stated the Rams had enough money on the table to make Donald the highest paid defensive player in the game, comfortably so. If that's not market value, what is?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Seems we keep paying the wrong guys....Foles, Tavon, Ogletree.....TRU......and our best player, Donald, remains unsigned....sends a bad message to rookies that perform.

We do need to sign the "GOOD" players we have. We keep signing the ok players...and the good ones, leave.

McVay should have a huge say....So should Snead....Seems as if Demoff is deciding who stays or goes by offering sub-optimal contracts to our premium players....strange philosophy.:thinking:

Aaron Donald means EVERYTHING to this defense right now. He must be gameplanned around every week. We should sign him, no matter the cost.

No problems moving Tree.....Not sure about Quinn.

After the past, don't see how we sign Gurley or Goff...

Mark Barron can play...Tavon can't.....shouldn't be in the same sentence or conversation....

We got Peters and Talib....luckily....we kept tagging Tru on our own...Great football move, but lucky it worked out the way it did.

Don't know why I'ma add this but....don't know why we tagged Joyner?:banghead::confused::thinking::giveup:

Hell just froze over - I pretty much agree with everything champ said.
'Cept Joyner - I think they want to see one more year, and in the back of their mind, might move Barron there if LaMarcus doesn't pan out.
Personally, I love the guy, and think we'll resign him long term.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hell just froze over - I pretty much agree with everything champ said.
What's that saying about a broken clock??? LOL

Stick with me Vegas....BTW....Boy, I used to LOVE me some VEGAS!!!! Damn near moved there....Got a couple buds out there....a good one named Pedraza. Big in construction.
'Cept Joyner - I think they want to see one more year, and in the back of their mind, might move Barron there if LaMarcus doesn't pan out.
I get that....but if he's performing BETTER than last year, you have faith we'll sign him long-term??? We shall see...

And yall should know the love & praise I hype onto Barron....He's the Roger Saffold of our D. I can't see many players on our team that can do much better than him....and...he's a natural SS.....I thing John Johnson is a natural FS....

Personally, I love the guy, and think we'll resign him long term.
Boni got me to really look at his game....and he's not a bad player....and I think he's a good locker room guy when he's not tattle telling on everybody. LOL.....I have concerns if he'll hold up....and the middle of the field is our biggest weakness....and Johnson and Joyner are a part of that....all those long ass TD runs....yep the front 7 gotta hold that down...but the safeties are a "safety" net....tackle somebody....I won't get into why I believe a db at FS needs to run a 4.4.
Joyner can play....is he $11 million dollars worth of player? For comparison, we found McLeod as a udfa.....and he's not better than McLeod.
With AD applying pressure....LaMarcus gives me 8 int's...not 10....not 12....8...and I'm all for an contract extension in the middle of the season...none of this FA frenzy stuff, inflating his price.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What's that saying about a broken clock??? LOL
Right? Nah man. In all seriousness, the internet is one of those things where it is always going to be tough to insert the proper emotion and meaning to anything you say. Keep doing your thing. We’ll keep you in check.:sneaky:

Cheers man.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I loved Rodney Mcloed when he was with our team. Was disappointed when we lost him to the Eagles.

However, I don't think Rodney is better than Lamarcus as a free safety.

I would agree about our Safeties needing to provide that Safety net. I for one remember for sure that John Johnson took a bad angle against Fournette on his long run from us - seems I remember a few other bad angles the rookie took.

Lamarcus is a missile as a free safety. He does really well with the ball in front of him, can really attack the play. I thought he played very well last year - better than Rodney did the year he played Free Safety here with Aaron Donald playing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would agree about our Safeties needing to provide that Safety net. I for one remember for sure that John Johnson took a bad angle against Fournette on his long run from us - seems I remember a few other bad angles the rookie took.
ahhh yes....this was the play that really had me checking out this youngsta's intentions on big runs....business decisions? or just bad angles??? We shall see this next season...
I loved Rodney Mcloed when he was with our team. Was disappointed when we lost him to the Eagles.

However, I don't think Rodney is better than Lamarcus as a free safety.
Debatable....
Lamarcus is a missile as a free safety. He does really well with the ball in front of him, can really attack the play. I thought he played very well last year - better than Rodney did the year he played Free Safety here with Aaron Donald playing.
Again, he was out there on some of those runs as well...One year wonder? Or solid contributor??? We need to be MORE stout up the middle of our defense.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
doesn't sound to me as if AD a Ram is 100%

Probably not 100%, but maybe the Rams want to see how much cap space they have left over before signing Donald. That way they can front-load his contract with as much cash as possible to reduce the cap hit later on. The rams have plenty of cap space right now... they can afford to move slowly.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
There has to be a little bit of a agent dual between Mack's agent and Donald's agent.

I had a friend, Raider fan, text me weeks ago saying "I heard since Mack was drafted higher he'll get the bigger extension"

Donald, Joyner, Gurley, Goff, Peters, Havenstein, etc.

I wonder if Demoff and Snead have a good relationship. Seems like Snead scouts and drafts in a way that really challenges Demoff to keep our guys!

Now we are adding McVay to the situation and he coaches so well that players develop into great players.

Tano

Legend
I am wondering if the Rams are holding off extending Joyner and AD to see just how much of their money they can apply to this year's cap after they sign all of their free agents.

They may be waiting to see how much is left over (including draftee amounts) and then give the rest to AD's and Joyner's cap hits to this year.

Just a thought.

Name
AndyRamFan
Also a thought. Are AD's agents holding out till after the free agents get signed up, because any big contracts could set a precedent for AD's negotiations. It would make sense from an agents point of view.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also a thought. Are AD's agents holding out till after the free agents get signed up, because any big contracts could set a precedent for AD's negotiations. It would make sense from an agents point of view.
We might have a game going on between his agents and Kahlil Mack's agents. Each wants the other to sign first so the second guy gets more money. That's a more likely hypothetical IMO than the Rams are having a hard time meeting demands.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That would be easier for the Raiders as they have silly cap space. They could win and still sign first.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We might have a game going on between his agents and Kahlil Mack's agents. Each wants the other to sign first so the second guy gets more money. That's a more likely hypothetical IMO than the Rams are having a hard time meeting demands.

That makes as much sense as any other theory I’ve heard, OldSchool.

Mine is that AD and his pos agent want to get some kind of poison pill clause in there and make history.

Whatever the reason for the foot dragging, it’s costing AD millions in lost earnings. So ironic.