Aaron Murray: Rams Among Teams Showing Most Interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree that Mettenberger is slow but he's your prototypical pocket QB that's tall with a solid release. When you're as short as Murray, you have to be able to move to find the throwing lanes like Brees or Wilson. He just doesn't look as elusive as those guys and on top of that, I didn't find him all that accurate. I'd be curious what his stats are for accuracy for different distances. He's fine for the short stuff but I was not impressed with the intermediate or long throws. I thought Mettenberger looked more accurate on the longer throws and had better touch.

As for height in the NFL, I do think it's still a factor if they can't move. If they aren't elusive like Brees or Wilson, forget it. They won't succeed. Also, Wilson is very average if you can keep him contained between the tackles. When he can't use his elusiveness to get room to throw, he's nothing special. It's just that he's just good at doing it and he has great accuracy on his longer throws. I didn't see that from Murray. I think he's a wasted draft pick if the Rams take him. The best he'll be is a backup, IMO.

You make some great points I guess I just did not come away that impressed with Mettenberger although you're right on point about him being your protypical pocket QB, but IMO the Rams have that in Sam Bradford and I was looking for something a tad different in the next QB they draft.

As to the stats I'm sure we could google them, however, watch the game when Georgia played LSU and Murray & Mettenberger squared off...IMO Murray out shined him that day and one thing Murray has over Mettenberger is leadership. IMO Murray is off the charts and is a QB teammates will rallly around.

V3

Hall of Fame
You make some great points I guess I just did not come away that impressed with Mettenberger although you're right on point about him being your protypical pocket QB, but IMO the Rams have that in Sam Bradford and I was looking for something a tad different in the next QB they draft.

As to the stats I'm sure we could google them, however, watch the game when Georgia played LSU and Murray & Mettenberger squared off...IMO Murray out shined him that day and one thing Murray has over Mettenberger is leadership. IMO Murray is off the charts and is a QB teammates will rallly around.

Just keep what I said in perspective. I'm not saying I like Mettenberger so much as to draft him high. I'm speaking in terms of value QB's that can be had later in the draft. I'd definitely take him in the 5th. I'm not sure if I'd take him in the 4th. I'd have to watch some more tape and see how he is with the X's and O's.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Here's my inflated nickel.

Connor Shaw in the 6th is good value also and similar in size and play to Murray. 24 TDs and only 1 INT. Good movement skills, good enough arm, good accuracy on short and medium routes. Can be better on deep routes.

I view both Shaw and Murray as very good, step in backups, contributors when they are called on. Maybe not full time starters but guys that carry a team and keep a team competitive and not lose momentum.
Shaw is my sleeper in the late Rd's

V3

Hall of Fame
Throw out some mid round QB prospects that you like? Been thinking of starting a thread, but... I think we will pick a QB fo sho this year. This applies to anyone. QB, and round/s you think he may be available.

I've mainly been watching the players that keep getting brought up for later round developmental QB's, namely Murray and Mettenberger. I've watched Garopollo, also, and really like him but I'm starting to doubt he even gets out of the first round. If he's there in the second when the Rams pick, I'd take him.

I've heard the Rams have shown interest in Tom Savage, Connor Shaw, and Garrett Gilbert. I'll be looking into them soon.

It's a good thread topic, though. I'm almost positive the Rams will be taking a QB somewhere in this draft so the more info, the better.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Throw out some mid round QB prospects that you like? Been thinking of starting a thread, but... I think we will pick a QB fo sho this year. This applies to anyone. QB, and round/s you think he may be available.
Murray is a 4-5 rd guy to me Guys I like after that are ,Brent Smith, David Fales, Connor Shaw and Tom Savage