Aaron Donald vs Jadeveon Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Call me crazy but I would rather have Donald on the Rams defense than Clowney! He may not be huge but he is still a terror on the defensive line! I can only imagine the pass rush he, Quinn, Long and Brockers will give opposing offenses next season and for years to come!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Especially since we got him AND Robinson!
Hard ass, blue collar football players.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hell yeah lets turn both the OL and DL into strengths of our team and ill show you a playoff team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give me either one. Both are athletic freaks with the ability to be special players.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Well, now that Donald is part of our family, I'll assume most are ready buy into the thought of him being a better addition than Clowney.

But let's be real... Donald is no Clowney. I love the pick, but it's really unfair to compare him to a guy who is the best D prospect since Suh. Donald is great for a #13 pick, but come on...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well, now that Donald is part of our family, I'll assume most are ready buy into the thought of him being a better addition than Clowney.

But let's be real... Donald is no Clowney. I love the pick, but it's really unfair to compare him to a guy who is the best D prospect since Suh. Donald is great for a #13 pick, but come on...
Donald doesn't play a position we already had 2 #1 picks in. He'll slide in quite well without a need to try to invent ways to get him and the other #1 picks on the field.

fancents86

Starter
Everyone remembers clowney for one badass play he made 2 seasons ago. No one remembers (or cares) when he came into last season out of shape, or when his coach even called him out for being lazy. A season he was praised to be a heisman winner at that. I'll stick with Donald.

jjab360

Legend
Donald doesn't play a position we already had 2 #1 picks in. He'll slide in quite well without a need to try to invent ways to get him and the other #1 picks on the field.
To be fair, there's going to be a ton of rotation no matter which guy we picked. Hayes and Langford are too good to just ride the bench and we can't forget about Alex Carrington, that guy was a beast in his limited snaps in Buffalo.

StevenG-BR

Rookie

When it comes to a guy like Clowney, figuring out where to put him is a good problem to have. That's a pretty minor issue and easy to address.

As prospects, it's not close. Clowney is better. We can admit that much without putting down Donald. He's still a great pick, just not on Clowney's level. But who is?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
When it comes to a guy like Clowney, figuring out where to put him is a good problem to have. That's a pretty minor issue and easy to address.

As prospects, it's not close. Clowney is better. We can admit that much without putting down Donald. He's still a great pick, just not on Clowney's level. But who is?
I would also add:

1. We had no chance at Clowney, while Donald fell to us and we got a steal. You might argue that's irrelevant as to their quality though.

2. Donald does not have the character red flags that Clowney did.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
EXACTLY...and we didn't have to draft him at #2.
IMO they'll both be equally disruptive playmakers but(as Boffo said) we can plug Donald right into the top of the rotation...whereas Clowney would be sharing reps with Quinn,Long, Hayes, Sims etc...

scifiman

To be fair, there's going to be a ton of rotation no matter which guy we picked. Hayes and Langford are too good to just ride the bench and we can't forget about Alex Carrington, that guy was a beast in his limited snaps in Buffalo.
You are always going to have a rotation on the d line and having so much quality is huge.

laramsoriginal

Starter
I think clowney will end up with more pro bowl selections than Donald.

Adding a DT that will rotate with Brock and Langford leads me to conclude the rams will terrorize nfcw teams.

Alan

Legend
I like the Donald pick much better than had we picked Clowney. Donald fills a need for us and Clowney doesn't. Donald doesn't have the potential that Clowney does but he also doesn't have the red flags. He's a little undersized but I still prefer him to the Clown.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Call me crazy but I would rather have Donald on the Rams defense than Clowney! He may not be huge but he is still a terror on the defensive line! I can only imagine the pass rush he, Quinn, Long and Brockers will give opposing offenses next season and for years to come!
After we took him ... the first thought that came to my mind is Demarco Farr. Anyone else?