A question with no correct answer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
I'm from LA and my only connection with the Rams was through watching games with my Dad and my Grandpa in the late '80s and early '90s. I loved the helmet and their overall look, but what really drew me to them was the same thing that drew me to the Lakers - family.

My family swore off the Rams for leaving us, and since I didn't like things that upset my Grandpa and my family I swore off them, too.

So I guess long story short, my reason for rooting for the Rams is because they're my family's home team.

Now that they are once again we've all jumped right back on the bandwagon, including my Grandpa doing so from the sky above. He passed in 2001 when the Rams were in St. Louis and the entire NFL was invisible to him.

bnw

Pro Bowler
FWIW the horns on a fully grown bighorn sheep are actually often the same shape as the horns on the Rams' helmets.
Full%20Body%20Ram%20A.jpg

Thats not what I meant. I should have added "smooth". See all the ridges? See how they are 3 dimensional? Look close enough and you'll (nod to Memento) see imperfections too like chips missing from ramming or the rubbing down of the points on the horns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me I became a Rams fan around 1988 as my sister lived in LA and I took a trip there. Bought a Rams hat. Bam!

But things intensified considerably when they moved to STL. I lived there at the time, but it also had a lot to do with my age, capable of becoming an independent thinker of anything, etc.

Since then it's about the strategy for me. I am invested in how the team is built, the draft, FA, the playbook, the mashup of bringing all that together, etc. While this changes when coaches move on, its never a full reboot, and there is always strategy carry over from year to year.

I am invested in the Rams because of that. They are my team. I helped build them. :sneaky: I guess you can blame me for the losses.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I was born in 1991, and didn't start getting real into football until around 1998-1999. I had family that lived in St.Louis and my grandfather loved the Rams. I watched the Rams play and fell in love with their colors and they were good (99') and have been a fan ever since and I always will be. The RAMS are my team. No matter the city, the players, coaches. I'm a Rams fan because I feel like it's in my blood.

Thanks for making me feel old bro:)

Cheers!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This sounds an awful lot like when the Cleveland Browns went to Baltimore and became the Ravens and left the Browns NAME behind!!
The Browns Fans stayed Browns Fans! So..........I've been a Rams Fan for, what, 67 Seasons. I'm not going to change for any reason!!

There is a story behind that.

In reality Art Modell (rightfully the most hated man in the history of CLE) wanted to take the name, colors, history and everything else with him to Baltimore.

However the city had an ironclad lease that demanded the Browns play all of their home games in the stadium. Travel expenses and lack of revenue from fans not showing up because of the move would have been staggering and lack of a facility to practice locally was a problem too.

So they struck a deal. Leave the name/uni/history and take your greedy fat ass out of town.

He and his son are pigs of the highest order. They fucked over fans to make millions. They didn't even bother to fight for the history etc they walked away for the check. It's the second most disgusting display of greed in all of the relocations I have ever sen.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
since 1965 (i was 7) its always been about the horns, they look so awesome when the players are looking around to see the horns move. they exude power and smashmouth capability. i also like the fact they were the first graphic on an nfl helmet. I will probably not be a fan if they lose them, although the picture on my profile pic wouldn't be bad. go rams!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Got to thinking what makes you/us a fan of a team, any team?
Let's use the Rams as an example.
Most of us are old enough to have been Ram fans in pre the 1995 LA era, when they moved to St. Louis we were still fans, so it's not the city. They have changed uniforms a few times, so it's not the look. We've seen dozens of head coaches, that's not it. Player turnover... Forget about it. We've been good, we've sucked, that's not it. So what the hell makes us a loyal fan of any team?
Maybe the best test would be, if the Rams and Colts swapped EVERYTHING, city, name, players, uniforms and coaches would you be a Colts fan or a Rams fan?

In a word? Habit. And as time passes it just gets stronger.

Another question would be "what made you become a fan of this team or that team?"
Certainly not habit.

I grew up in New Jersey, 35 miles from Philadelphia, 60 miles from NYC. Born in the late 50's by the time I was old enough to understand sports, the Dodgers and Giants were gone. That left the Yankees and Mets from NYC and the Phillies. I started watching baseball in 1964. The Phillies blew a lead allowing the Cardinals to win the pennant. The Mets were the joke of baseball and Casey Stengel as their manager only enhanced that image. The Yankees were going to their 5th straight World Series. As an impressionable kid, who would you follow?

I caught on to football a few years later. There were the Eagles, Giants and Jets. Thank god, I lived where I did as we got both NYC and Philly channels on the antenna. That meant 4 games most Sundays. Two NFL games, two AFL games. The late games from the West Coast? Those horns. That stadium. The palm trees, great weather and celebrities in attendance. They weren't just a football team, they were a television show. It was an easy choice.

Habit has kept me rooting for those two since then.

bnw

Pro Bowler
since 1965 (i was 7) its always been about the horns, they look so awesome when the players are looking around to see the horns move. they exude power and smashmouth capability. i also like the fact they were the first graphic on an nfl helmet. I will probably not be a fan if they lose them, although the picture on my profile pic wouldn't be bad. go rams!

I agree your profile pic kicks ass compared to the smooth swirl on the helmet.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I was a big Drew Bennett fan back in the day, so naturally...
:ROFLMAO:

I became a fan only because they moved to STL. I have been an absolute diehard fan since their arrival to STL, and quite frankly I could not even imagine rooting for another team. With them moving, I take the season ticket money I spent and travel to a different city now to see them, which is pretty cool. My uncle lives in Orange County, so when the stadium opens out there, I have someone to stay with to offset the ridiculous price of the ticket I will likely pay. Ha!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's the Horns and History of the franchise that make me a Rams fan.

Same here. When the Rams moved to STL gotta say myself and my family were heartbroken. If they had changed the team name to something suiting STL like, I don't know, Steamboats or something, I would have dropped them. But they kept the horns, the name, so couldn't help but root for them.

…..

Legend
I was born in Lakewood, just a few miles South East of LA

Then at some point, my grandma informed me that I was a Rams fan.

...and a couple years later...yeah Super Bowl XIV came along. But i was already following grandma's wishes.

Zero

Pro Bowler
FWIW the horns on a fully grown bighorn sheep are actually often the same shape as the horns on the Rams' helmets.
Gonna hafta disagree sir.This here Ram don't look
nothin like what's on our helmets.

goat-domestic-boer-bok-african-horns.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think title should have been "a question with no wrong answer".

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
guess I should have used blue font.Thought it was obvious.lol
I mean didn't the "this here" give it away?

Yeah, maybe blue font should've been used. :D

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
"when they moved to St. Louis we were still fans, so it's not the city."

I wasn't. I was an LA Rams fan. To this day I don't know what a "St. Louis Ram" is, and I wasn't about to support the theft of my team, nor franchise removal in general. It was a sickening time.

I become a Redskins fan while the Rams were in exile.

I'm glad they came home, but the NFL obviously doesn't want serious fans like me with all the ridiculous musical franchise nonsense going on. It cheapens the concept of what it means to be a fan. it shouldn't even be legal to market teams as linked to a city if they can simply renege on that unspoken contract at any time.

Last edited:

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
guess I should have used blue font.Thought it was obvious.lol
I mean didn't the "this here" give it away?

I'm lost. Does a blue font mean "kidding" or something? Help the newb!