A question for the deeper thinkers on the board. (Just kidding)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Kromer said that he felt Noteboom was really starting to get its done said he did some nice things against the Niners. I hope so. I’d hate to whiff on both he and Allen.

I'm not as down on Noteboom as most others. His pass blocking has been fine. He needs to improve his run blocking some as he is not a patch on what we had in Saffold. Unfortunately, having Saffold at LG really was critical to how we ran the football. We are now finding out how critical, although many here predicted the step backwards.

The concern now is that with Noteboom being out for up to 12 months with his injuries, he will have less time to work on his deficiencies in the run game. He will certainly have plenty of time to watch tape!!

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Good points.
However. 2 of our losses were due mostly, to poor defensive play.

The Oline is still bad, though.

But for last week the offense has been good enough to win. The D crapped the sidewalk in the Tampa game yet was good enough to win had the O actually suited up

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You get a HOF talent at any position when you can, so not mad at the trade.

However our o-line will keep holding us back this year. Like the Corbett trade but just dont know how this line competes at a high level against playoff caliber teams. Just not enough talent and Havenstein has fallen off a cliff this year. We still need to find a way to trade for another OL bad.

Our OL is currently ranked 32/32 teams and we're rolling out: Whitworth-Edwards-Allen-Blythe-Havenstein this week. :oops:

If Havenstein has another poor start against Atlanta, I might go ...

LT - Whitworth
LG - Brewer
C - Allen
RG - Blythe
RT - Edwards

... the following week.

Name
Elliott Wagner
no

how much better the other teams quarterbacks are than our quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you happy with the rams quarterback

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Gonna come down to Evans and Edwards development. Need to hit on one of them at a minimum.
I hope your right. But just remember Notebook and Allen were last year's Edwards and Evans I am not sure we can't count on 3rd and 4th round talent being the answer. There are always Kupps out there so I know it is possible, but Demby is a third year of I am correct I know a 6th rounder, but he has been in the system 2 years + now and he sucks. Evans didn't look good in preseason. We need some proven Talent. Saffold, Whit and Haverstein were 2nd rounders I think just saying Saffold was the same pick are Corbett #33.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
no

how much better the other teams quarterbacks are than our quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not as down on him as some others appear to be.

Can he be better? Absolutely!

Is he the sole cause of our malaise this year? Absolutely not!

In all honesty, there's very few other QB's I would swap him for based on the long term picture. If I was focussed on winning everything this year and this year alone, I'd probably take Russell Wilson (I just threw up a little in my mouth) because he would function best behind our currently underperforming Oline.

jap

Legend
no

Jared: "Give me some damn blocking, and it will be simply miraculous how dramatically my play will improve."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems so strange to ignore the OL while spending immense resources on the D IF they are still committed to winning this year. Might be kinda like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic after hitting the iceberg.
Couple things here 43...

First, the defense is really the biggest problem we have going this season. The breakdowns in coverage and lack of discipline should be much less now, and I expect that will help us a great deal. The best way to buy yourself time to settle in a young OL is to have a shutdown defense on the other side. We're going to have to wait and see how this goes, since as we all know the translation of what looks good on paper doesn't always show on the field.

Second, what I like about Ramsey is he is a long term and short term investment. He should help us now but he also should help us in the future. Key is IF the Rams can get him inked. Sign him quickly and things should be pointing up for us. Worst case though is the Rams don't sign him, we don't make the playoffs, and he decides he wants to test FA after that next season.

But you know... Even the ancient world was aware of the importance of being aggressive and taking chances. Fortune favors the bold and all that. So even though this might blow up on us, I like the move and am behind it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

You did say this was a question for the deep thinkers, right?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Couple things here 43...

First, the defense is really the biggest problem we have going this season. The breakdowns in coverage and lack of discipline should be much less now, and I expect that will help us a great deal. The best way to buy yourself time to settle in a young OL is to have a shutdown defense on the other side. We're going to have to wait and see how this goes, since as we all know the translation of what looks good on paper doesn't always show on the field.

Second, what I like about Ramsey is he is a long term and short term investment. He should help us now but he also should help us in the future. Key is IF the Rams can get him inked. Sign him quickly and things should be pointing up for us. Worst case though is the Rams don't sign him, we don't make the playoffs, and he decides he wants to test FA after that next season.

But you know... Even the ancient world was aware of the importance of being aggressive and taking chances. Fortune favors the bold and all that. So even though this might blow up on us, I like the move and am behind it.
Can always tag and trade him