A Poll about having to share Inglewood with the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do You like having to Share So-Fi Field with the Chargers?

• Hell NO!

Votes: 68 91.9%
  • Of course. Claiming it’s our House every other Weekend is fine!

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Duuude, who cares?I watch gymnastics on Sundays!

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And yes, I want the Rams to be the most prosperous team in the league, since Kroenke has shown a willingness to spend all that he is allowed not just on players, but also on coaches and anything that gives the team any advantage. Being the only team in LA would help with that. Sorry you seemingly don't care about that.

I want them to win, I don't care how prosperous or profitable they are.

And by the way, there is no limit as far as paying coaches and anyone else, there is no "as much as he's allowed". He can spend all he wants outside of players. He isn't breaking the bank outside of the cap but feel free to make yourself feel better about it and tell yourself that he is.

And being the only team in LA doesn't really make a difference regarding market value for coaching staff etc.

I'm sorry you have yourself bunched up over something that you have no control over, makes no difference to the Rams future success and frankly doesn't really affect you one bit other than some weird obsession with how much money Kroenke makes in LA and that you dislike Spanos.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And by the way, there is no limit as far as paying coaches and anyone else, there is no "as much as he's allowed".

No, but in the real world teams are more likely to break the bank on coaches and the like if they are making a lot of money. Occasionally smaller teams will gamble like that, but it is naive to think that high revenue teams don't have advantages even with the cap - both in non-controlled expenses like coaching, and in things like paying bonuses up front instead of spreading bonuses over time.

Out of curiousity - why the hell are you so bothered about me wanting the Chargers to live up to their lease? It is - frankly - bizarre of you. Bad day or something?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Can't..can't..we all, just get along?" ~Rodney "LoyalRam" King

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, but in the real world teams are more likely to break the bank on coaches and the like if they are making a lot of money. Occasionally smaller teams will gamble like that, but it is naive to think that high revenue teams don't have advantages even with the cap - both in non-controlled expenses like coaching, and in things like paying bonuses up front instead of spreading bonuses over time.

Out of curiousity - why the hell are you so bothered about me wanting the Chargers to live up to their lease? It is - frankly - bizarre of you. Bad day or something?

No teams are not more likely to break the bank, sorry.

I think it's strange that you are fascinated about making things up about the Chargers.

Get over it. They are in LA.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No teams are not more likely to break the bank, sorry.

I think it's strange that you are fascinated about making things up about the Chargers.

Get over it. They are in LA.

Hahahahaha

First - yes, having more cash does make teams more able and willing to pay big money to coaches.

Second, notice that the Rams just gave Goff a huge signing bonus, while the overall contract given to Goff was towards the lower end for what many here expected - they could afford to frontload the contract to a great extent, two seasons before it takes effect. That is because of the Rams being a richer team, with one of the richer owners in the league. It saves cap space, and the player is happy because of the time value of money. The Rams want to continue taking advantage of their wealth whenever possible.

Not sure what I "made up" about the Chargers.

It is fascinating how you believe that Kroenke - who used lease violations to get out of St Louis and move to LA, wanting to be the only team there - would not be exploring possible lease violations by the Chargers to get out of the lease with the Chargers at the right time. Is he doing that out of the goodness of his heart? Apparently the lease called for the Chargers to contribute more money from their seat licenses than they will actually be getting from their seat licenses. Should the Rams ignore that, when the only reason they negotiated with the Chargers was to placate the NFL and to keep the Raiders out?

Kroenke is a ruthless negotiator. His entire career shows that. Is he suddenly going to stop?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hahahahaha

First - yes, having more cash does make teams more able and willing to pay big money to coaches.

Second, notice that the Rams just gave Goff a huge signing bonus, while the overall contract given to Goff was towards the lower end for what many here expected - they could afford to frontload the contract to a great extent, two seasons before it takes effect. That is because of the Rams being a richer team, with one of the richer owners in the league. It saves cap space, and the player is happy because of the time value of money. The Rams want to continue taking advantage of their wealth whenever possible.

Not sure what I "made up" about the Chargers.

It is fascinating how you believe that Kroenke - who used lease violations to get out of St Louis and move to LA, wanting to be the only team there - would not be exploring possible lease violations by the Chargers to get out of the lease with the Chargers at the right time. Is he doing that out of the goodness of his heart? Apparently the lease called for the Chargers to contribute more money from their seat licenses than they will actually be getting from their seat licenses. Should the Rams ignore that, when the only reason they negotiated with the Chargers was to placate the NFL and to keep the Raiders out?

Kroenke is a ruthless negotiator. His entire career shows that. Is he suddenly going to stop?

Kroenke is a lifelong turd.