A Poll about having to share Inglewood with the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do You like having to Share So-Fi Field with the Chargers?

• Hell NO!

Votes: 68 91.9%
  • Of course. Claiming it’s our House every other Weekend is fine!

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Duuude, who cares?I watch gymnastics on Sundays!

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dat high beam! btw Simone Biles might be one of the best athletes in the world. Not that I actually watch gymnastics :D
Next thing your gonna tell me is that yur all about fake English football (soccer)!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't matter what we like TBH which is why I voted how I did :) It's a condition of the team moving back to LA so we have to live with it for now.

"For now"

If they are already violating the lease, when it's too late for the Raiders to come here, it's a good opportunity to get out of the lease - maybe even to force the Chargers to sell out. I'm sure the NFL has rules to do that if a team is violating agreements. And I'm sure that Kroenke is looking to either get the agreement fully honored, or to force the Chargers out - hopefully out of LA entirely.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I could get behind that. In fact I think when a team leaves a city the owner should have to give up the team name & colors.

The Browns had an ironclad lease that required the team to play all of their home games in the stadium so Modell was forced to the table to talk.

They leveraged him into giving up everything to do with the team.

It was awesome to see him stripped of all of it. It was a fantastic FUCK YOU that he richly deserved.

"For now"

If they are already violating the lease, when it's too late for the Raiders to come here, it's a good opportunity to get out of the lease - maybe even to force the Chargers to sell out. I'm sure the NFL has rules to do that if a team is violating agreements. And I'm sure that Kroenke is looking to either get the agreement fully honored, or to force the Chargers out - hopefully out of LA entirely.

I'm not sure there is a lease technically, at least it's possible there isn't one yet.

As to the rest you're making leaps in logic that are insane because of your desire to see the Rams in the stadium by themselves. The supposition that Kroenke is currently looking to get rid of the Chargers is funny though. Are you sure you're sure about that?

As far as kicking the Chargers out. Guess what. It ain't gonna happen.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I voted "Of Course". Time for Stan to learn how to play nice and share.:LOL:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
As to the rest you're making leaps in logic that are insane because of your desire to see the Rams in the stadium by themselves. The supposition that Kroenke is currently looking to get rid of the Chargers is funny though. Are you sure you're sure about that?
Excellent point!

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I can't say it angers me, but if those cheap ass aren't going to pay their end, give them the boot.

The last thing a 3 billion dollar stadium needs is a freeloading baby bro crashing the place.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I am very confident about it. Kroenke wanted to move here with only the Rams in LA. He would make money with the Chargers here also, but he is a long term thinker - and the Rams would make more money being in LA by themselves, not having to share any naming rights fees, having season tickets being worth more, more merch sales, being able to have more special events in the stadium not having to worry about the Chargers for 2 preseason games plus 8 regular season games, etc. Likely more radio rights and money from corporate promotions too. Suites likely being more valuable, etc.

Kroenke has put up with the Chargers, because it was a condition of the move being approved, and much better the Chargers than the Raiders. But it is insane (to use your phrase) to think that he wouldn't rather have LA to himself than to share it. He is thinking long term, and the value of the franchise will be greatly larger if the Chargers violate the lease and it is terminated, ideally with the Chargers moving elsewhere they can afford - either San Diego, or Mexico, or St Louis, or wherever that doesn't compete with selling Rams tickets and the Rams' corporate sponsorships.

Oh, and of course there is a lease. There was a signed agreement made several years ago. Do you really think that a real estate developer wouldn't have a legally binding document?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Fixed these! (y)
9F326EE3-A04E-4E1D-8EFD-A3E2FDBB1BB2.png

This seems to be as low as I can go. If I zoom out I can see GZ but can’t click on it. Could it be my phone?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
View attachment 30641
This seems to be as low as I can go. If I zoom out I can see GZ but can’t click on it. Could it be my phone?

Yeah, it’s probably the max length rendering on phone.

On a slightly wider device, you’d get two columns. Now... You could toggle into desktop mode (select option to render desktop mode in browser options.).

Change it, then toggle back to mobile mode.

(y)

Could try rotating your phone too. Not sure if that would force two columns in landscape position.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I am very confident about it. Kroenke wanted to move here with only the Rams in LA. He would make money with the Chargers here also, but he is a long term thinker - and the Rams would make more money being in LA by themselves, not having to share any naming rights fees, having season tickets being worth more, more merch sales, being able to have more special events in the stadium not having to worry about the Chargers for 2 preseason games plus 8 regular season games, etc. Likely more radio rights and money from corporate promotions too. Suites likely being more valuable, etc.

Kroenke has put up with the Chargers, because it was a condition of the move being approved, and much better the Chargers than the Raiders. But it is insane (to use your phrase) to think that he wouldn't rather have LA to himself than to share it. He is thinking long term, and the value of the franchise will be greatly larger if the Chargers violate the lease and it is terminated, ideally with the Chargers moving elsewhere they can afford - either San Diego, or Mexico, or St Louis, or wherever that doesn't compete with selling Rams tickets and the Rams' corporate sponsorships.

Oh, and of course there is a lease. There was a signed agreement made several years ago. Do you really think that a real estate developer wouldn't have a legally binding document?

The Chargers are in LA.

Get over it.

Get over them playing in the same stadium.

This doesn't have any affect on you other than what you allow it to have.

It's irrational of you to be this upset, and to make these HUGE leaps in logic.

WTF does it matter to you?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Chargers are in LA.

Get over it.

Huge leaps in logic? Like "They might not even have a lease"?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kroenke accepted it, and played nice, because he had to. But this is the guy who spanked ST Louis when it suited him, and they didn't honor THEIR lease. To think that the Rams won't try to take advantage of the Chargers when they aren't living up to the agreement is naive.

They may or may not be able to get the lease voided - I doubt they would try until after next season, so that the Rams will have fulfilled their obligations to the league - but I do expect the Rams to try to force a major renegotiation of some of the terms since the Chargers are seemingly in major violation of them. Perhaps fair market rent, for instance, instead of $1 per season. Perhaps all promo rights going to the Rams, since the Chargers are so short of what they apparently agreed to pay. And yes, if they can, forcing the Chargers out entirely.

And yes, I want the Rams to be the most prosperous team in the league, since Kroenke has shown a willingness to spend all that he is allowed not just on players, but also on coaches and anything that gives the team any advantage. Being the only team in LA would help with that. Sorry you seemingly don't care about that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The Chargers are in LA.

Get over it.

Seems like a strange take tbh. Why wouldn’t we wanna be the only team in LA? Sharing a stadium with the Chargers sucks. Each team should have their own place. Why is that irrational?

It affects us because we don’t like it. That should be enough lol