A number of Ram players have something to prove this year, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
TruJo. Don't laugh. I know that many assume that he's a goner after this year. But if he has a big year and loves playing in LA and for Wade, why not extend with the Rams? 'Course, unless he has a big year (probably a REALLY big year), why would the Rams be interested? All depends on what kind of year TruJo has, I think. Another that could go either way.

I think he is a goner, especially if they do a contract with Donald that gives him a little more this year, then big money next year.

I'd like to keep him but Donald and Ogletree matter much more to the defense.

Plus he is probably looking to hit the open market and cash in on the silly free agents deals that get handed out the first couple of days of that time of year.

I didn't really like the contract the Rams offered Tavon, but I sort of understood it. You're paying him for 4 positions. X, Z, RB2, PR. He's also a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Operative word being -- "threat". That threat was markedly diminished by not having any other weapons on the field to game-plan for. Nobody was afraid of Quick, or Britt, or Kendricks, or Cook, or Keenum, etc. Subsequently, coaches could game-plan for him and allocate resources to stopping him without fear of someone else killing them. I heard more than a few coaches yell "Eleven!" every time he came onto the field. That *could* all change this year now that they have a few extra guys on the field who command respect. Watkins, Woods, Kupp, a resurgent Gurley - hell, even Everett could emerge as the focal point of defensive coordinators. *IF* everything clicks, and teams are forced to just man-up on Tavon, then he could have a tremendous year.

We've seen him be very productive and he can be again, especially with a guy who can design plays and call offense.

People forget that the Rams have had jackshit at QB and OC for a long time. It makes a difference.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Blake will see the field a fair amount, you can Countess on it.
I like Blake Countess because he has the ability to play deep safety, the Nickle & the Dime positions. Marqui Christian is much more strong safety but a far better ST player.
Williams. Donnal, Wichmann, Blythe and Eldecamp will all get signifigant playing time on the OL. I expect the Rams to draft an OL the first day of the draft next year too.
Looks like the new Kromer reserve cadre of Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp & Micheal Dunn is seen to be improving @ the same time we see the more experienced Boudreau cadre looks to have stalled out.
Nothing against Donnal but if he hasn't improved RT should be priority number one next off season. .
I have been giving this some thought on this. The issue with Andrew Donnal is the issue with injuries. AD's rookie season 2015 had a knee injury while starting for Havenstein @ RT wk#11. That injury ended his rookie season & never suited up again. Much like rookies Jamon Brown & Darrell Williams. AD's 2nd season was far better where he played in all 16 gms started 4 finished 3 as starter when the gm ended. However during wk #12 AD injured his hip but continued to play somewhat hampered. AD started from that point on & remained in the offense until his hip pain & injury gave out in the 1st half of the last game of the season.

This yr has been mostly Unhealthy for AD & has very little involvement in this new OL with Kromer. AD has been laid up since early January & before he could get fully healthy he injured his knee again. So I have no ideal if AD will be able to help out with our biggest problem in our OL. I would think AD is questionable @ best.

This Ram OL is far from having a stable future, besides the ongoing pass protection issues @ RT we need to remind ourselves before this 2017 season concludes LT Andrew Whitworth will be 36 yrs old. Kromer has three UDFA inexperience reserves OT's in Pace Murphy, Micheal Dunn & Darrell Williams, between the 3 they have 7 NFL gms, none have started an NFL gm. So as you pointed out adding a OT appears to be a very high need for the 2018. Either through the draft or UFA or both. I would suggest BOTH!

Finally if Havenstein can not protect Goff something drastic early must happen i.e like a OL that would look like this:
LT- Whitworth/ Williams
LG- Brown/ Eldrenkamp
OC- Sullivan/ Blythe
RG- Havenstein/ Wichmann
RT- Saffold/ {Murphy or Dunn}

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Blake Countess because he has the ability to play deep safety, the Nickle & the Dime positions. Marqui Christian is much more strong safety but a far better ST player.

Looks like the new Kromer reserve cadre of Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp & Micheal Dunn is seen to be improving @ the same time we see the more experienced Boudreau cadre looks to have stalled out.
I have been giving this some thought on this. The issue with Andrew Donnal is the issue with injuries. AD's rookie season 2015 had a knee injury while starting for Havenstein @ RT wk#11. That injury ended his rookie season & never suited up again. Much like rookies Jamon Brown & Darrell Williams. AD's 2nd season was far better where he played in all 16 gms started 4 finished 3 as starter when the gm ended. However during wk #12 AD injured his hip but continued to play somewhat hampered. AD started from that point on & remained in the offense until his hip pain & injury gave out in the 1st half of the last game of the season.

This yr has been mostly Unhealthy for AD & has very little involvement in this new OL with Kromer. AD has been laid up since early January & before he could get fully healthy he injured his knee again. So I have no ideal if AD will be able to help out with our biggest problem in our OL. I would think AD is questionable @ best.

This Ram OL is far from having a stable future, besides the ongoing pass protection issues @ RT we need to remind ourselves before this 2017 season concludes LT Andrew Whitworth will be 36 yrs old. Kromer has three UDFA inexperience reserves OT's in Pace Murphy, Micheal Dunn & Darrell Williams, between the 3 they have 7 NFL gms, none have started an NFL gm. So as you pointed out adding a OT appears to be a very high need for the 2018. Either through the draft or UFA or both. I would suggest BOTH!

Finally if Havenstein can not protect Goff something drastic early must happen i.e like a OL that would look like this:
LT- Whitworth/ Williams
LG- Brown/ Eldrenkamp
OC- Sullivan/ Blythe
RG- Havenstein/ Wichmann
RT- Saffold/ {Murphy or Dunn}
Yeah, the Rams need to invest in the O line.....again....over the next couple of drafts.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'd love to see a lineup that see's the huddle break and you have Gurley in the Backfield and Tavon anywhere line up outside. Then you have a motion that see's Gurley go line up out wide and Tavon is then in the backfield. Do you put the corner that was on Tavon now on Gurley? What shift is going to happen?