A little roster speculation after the first 24 hours...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Watching film Quick gets open plenty of times we need a QB that can get him the ball. If britt goes down it will be quick in his place.
Yeah I don't know what games your watching but in that last preseason game he created no separation against players that likely didn't make the cut. With his physical skills and experience he should of dominated those guy but he didn't. Just don't think this guy has the mindset to be an NFL WR.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Gordon is not likely to return to the Browns next year, and they are loaded at WR. Gordon will play in only 12 games this season, and nobody is expecting them to suddenly compete for a play-off berth. The Browns are also loaded with 2017 draft picks. What they don't have is extra 2018 picks. Many here are already speculating on spending next years 2'nd round draft pick on a WR, why not take a young guy who is already a proven # 1 rather than gamble whether a future 2'nd rounder eventually makes this his spot ? Kinda brings back memories of Quick. And who's to say it will even cost the Rams a 2'nd if we don't make the attempt ? A 2018 conditional 3'rd that could possibly become a 2'nd based on Gordon staying out of trouble would be a slam dunk imo.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Yeah I don't know what games your watching but in that last preseason game he created no separation against players that likely didn't make the cut. With his physical skills and experience he should of dominated those guy but he didn't. Just don't think this guy has the mindset to be an NFL WR.

I watched all the games he played the last 4 years. Last year he was open a ton but our crappy QB couldn't get the ball to him.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Haha Quick has had drop issues way before Goff, don't put his faults on him. Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Floyd are UFAs next year I suspect the Rams will go hard after them since they don't have a first and if that fails then the draft.

Must be watching highlights and not film. Quick does not get consistent separation or catch the ball cleanly.

I don't know what film you are watching but that is just not true. He actually has less drops than any of our receivers the last 4 years.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
And just so you know he has 6 drops in 4 years. Tavon has 14 Kendrick's has 12 britt had 3 last year alone. So don't let facts get in the way of your beliefs

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
So when do we start looking at our past QB's for the lack of production of our receivers? Austin Davis,foles,Hill,Bradford hurt all the time.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
And just so you know he has 6 drops in 4 years. Tavon has 14 Kendrick's has 12 britt had 3 last year alone. So don't let facts get in the way of your beliefs
Lol OK
Tavon 14 drops and 123 catches in 3 years
Britt 3 drops and 36catches last year plus 140 in 4 years.
Quick 6 drops but only 64 catches in 4 years!!! With only 10 catches the last year.
The guy has been a disappointment since he was drafted. Please let's stop making excuses for him.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Not making excuses just giving you facts. Everyone says he drops to many passes just not true. Another thing I have said is when do we start blaming our crappy QB play for these horrible numbers all of our receivers have? Quick was targeted 32 times last year and 1 drop 10 catches so what happened to those other 21 passes? Great defenders or shitty throws?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
So when do we start looking at our past QB's for the lack of production of our receivers? Austin Davis,foles,Hill,Bradford hurt all the time.
Why start? Your absolutely correct that are QBs sucked but that didn't hinder Hopkins in Houston did it? Either you have it or you don't.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Well ya he is not Hopkins that's for sure nor are any of our other receivers. I would like to see him play with a good QB and see what kind of numbers he can put up. Hopkins was my pick when he came out but it doesn't always go your way. I could see quick turning it on this year if he gets the ball thrown to him he is cheap and we really don't have anything else on the outside

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Not making excuses just giving you facts. Everyone says he drops to many passes just not true. Another thing I have said is when do we start blaming our crappy QB play for these horrible numbers all of our receivers have? Quick was targeted 32 times last year and 1 drop 10 catches so what happened to those other 21 passes? Great defenders or crappy throws?
I'm not saying he drops a lot of passes so don't play him. I'm saying don't play him because he sucks and has sucked for the last 4 years. I just don't want him on the team no more after what I saw this preseason. He needed to prove he belonged and he didn't in my opinion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Brian Quick consistently gets good separation from the football. What's not to like?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What's not to like?
large.gif

VilleDeal

UDFA
apples and oranges to me a bit... marquez is just going in to his second year which i think made him only a rookie last year, that would mean to me he would still be growing into whatever position it is that he is going to play.... no so much the case for the player in comparison..

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Pace Murphy, Quick, and the rookie LBs still squarely on the roster bubble as the Rams look for help at Safety, WR, LB, and potentially OT.