A little roster speculation after the first 24 hours...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Clearly, there will be other moves forthcoming in the very near future.

We have 28 players on O and only 22 on D? THAT won't stand.

Only 3 Safeties? Gotta be a waiver wire or FA signing just around the corner. Like, before the dust settles. So they can at least introduce him to the coaches and his teammates. Don't understand why they were so unhappy with Bryant. But if they were, why did they wait until so late to bring in another player? Very strange for a D coaching staff that's so highly regarded. What am I missing?

Only 8 DL players? Is that realistic? I don't see any margin for injury relief, currently. Even a relatively minor injury could throw a monkey wrench into our important front 4 effectiveness. And with Quinn coming off back surgery? Yikes!

To say that I was surprised and disappointed by Quick making it and McRoberts being cut would be an understatement. McRoberts outplayed Quick. And probably has a higher ceiling if handled well. Making the 53 is supposed to be a meritocracy, not an "in crowd" thing. WTH? I do think that Quick is living on borrowed time until certain WR's are once again healthy. But still... He's a daily reminder of a blown #33 overall pick. Sigh...

A waiver wire or other WR via FA would not greatly surprise me. Cooper and Thomas have GOT to make strides, and PDQ, at that. Keenum needs to have confidence that they will make plays for him.

Gonna miss Aaron Green. Fisher just has a man crush on C Reynolds and his declining ST skills, IMO. That's some 7-9 BS, if you ask me.

I'm mildly disappointed that Rhaney is gonna be our backup C. I've seen him get walked back too many times to get it completely out of my mind. Hope Barnes stays healthy for all 19 games. Yeah, I know how many games are in the regular season. Lol.

Best of luck to the LB corps after Tree and Barron. The coaches must really like the kids that they kept. I didn't really watch them that closely this preseason, but when I did I didn't see the flashes that others have. I'm willing to trust the coaches here, 'cause they've earned it. Besides, they may have their eye on the waiver wire for LB depth improvement.

Fisher preferred the experienced Sensabaugh to Jordan or Washington at CB. No big surprise there, I guess. Hopefully, one or both can make the PS and then make the 53 next year.

Hopefully, GZ will have a career year for us. But if he stumbles? Costs us games? After never facing serious competition that Fisher promised? More 7-9 BS, IMO.

S&F have some quick tinkering to do in these next few days, huh? I'm guessing that there might be 4-5 more moves by next Sunday.

Thoughts?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am sure we will be looking for Safety Help!! And probably LB help as well! Our depth at OT is a concern to me, Talent wise!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have 28 players on O and only 22 on D? THAT won't stand.
Well, last year heading in to week 1 we had 27 players on O and 23 on D, so I don't think the disparity is that egregious
Still and all, the roster is fluid they week 1 and I would expect some changes

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, last year heading in to week 1 we had 27 players on O and 23 on D, so I don't think the disparity is that egregious
Still and all, the roster is fluid they week 1 and I would expect some changes

Well, good catch there, dieter.

I am surprised to learn that.

Still and all, I'm gonna go out on a limb and project that they add a Safety and another D lineman, and PDQ.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
@Rams43 I think Marques it's the one on borrowed time. Once Cooper and Spruce come back he want be needed.
I think both he and Quick are on thin ice. I know we agree that having too many slot WRs is not a good idea. The thing is IF Quick gets to play and looks like he did in preseason and Marques is killing it on STs then I can see Quick getting cut.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think both he and Quick are on thin ice. I know we agree that having too many slot WRs is not a good idea. The thing is IF Quick gets to play and looks like he did in preseason and Marques is killing it on STs then I can see Quick getting cut.
I agree with that but marques didn't really do anything in preseason either

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
S&F have some quick tinkering to do in these next few days, huh?

They don't have to. Rosters are tweaked almost every week from now until December.

I swear, this season, there seems to be a lot more fan impatience than years past.

lockdnram21

Legend
Your correct but last year he wasn't just a good special teams player he was great. That's a huge advantage he has over Quick.
Not really if something happens Britt I would rather put Quick in his place rather than Thomas right or anybody else... I was hoping they would have claimed somebody off waivers

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Not really if something happens Britt I would rather put Quick in his place rather than Thomas right or anybody else... I was hoping they would have claimed somebody off waivers
I see now you have Quick going in first for Britt. I would put Thomas before Quick because he gets open. Now Thomas hands are really unreliable right now but Quick has concentration issue himself and can't see to get separation. The DBs are all over him. What we really need is Cooper 100% with Britt and Austin playing 16 games. One major injury to our outside WRs and we are screwed.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Marques is killing it on STs

Yes he has! And since Quick is acknowledged as our best blocking WR, why isn't he out there throwing blocks on KR & PR?? Being a 'Special Team Spectator' is for starters only!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Only 8 DL players? Is that realistic? I don't see any margin for injury relief, currently. Even a relatively minor injury could throw a monkey wrench into our important front 4 effectiveness. And with Quinn coming off back surgery? Yikes!

Rams and other 4-3 teams frequently only keep 8 DL because those guys usually have no special teams value. Most teams dont rotate as much as the Rams do and aren't as deep. An injury just means they rotate less. Plus the Rams usually keep some D-line depth on the practice so I'm not worried about depth there.

lockdnram21

Legend
I see now you have Quick going in first for Britt. I would put Thomas before Quick because he gets open. Now Thomas hands are really unreliable right now but Quick has concentration issue himself and can't see to get separation. The DBs are all over him. What we really need is Cooper 100% with Britt and Austin playing 16 games. One major injury to our outside WRs and we are screwed.
From what ive seen Quick gets open and catches the ball as long as Goff isn't throwing it lol... hopefully Duke or McRoberts develops... Hopefully we e can find a #1 receivers in the 2nd round

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
From what ive seen Quick gets open and catches the ball as long as Goff isn't throwing it lol... hopefully Duke or McRoberts develops... Hopefully we e can find a #1 receivers in the 2nd round
We will definitely need to address the WR position in next year's draft

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

Watching film Quick gets open plenty of times we need a QB that can get him the ball. If britt goes down it will be quick in his place.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Haha Quick has had drop issues way before Goff, don't put his faults on him. Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Floyd are UFAs next year I suspect the Rams will go hard after them since they don't have a first and if that fails then the draft.

Watching film Quick gets open plenty of times we need a QB that can get him the ball. If britt goes down it will be quick in his place.

Must be watching highlights and not film. Quick does not get consistent separation or catch the ball cleanly.

lockdnram21

Legend
Haha Quick has had drop issues way before Goff, don't put his faults on him. Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Floyd are UFAs next year I suspect the Rams will go hard after them since they don't have a first and if that fails then the draft.

Must be watching highlights and not film. Quick does not get consistent separation or catch the ball cleanly.
I disagree.. He he hasn't been having a lot of drops since a couple years ago.. But I will admit he hasn't done much..

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Floyd are UFAs next year I suspect the Rams will go hard after them since they don't have a first and if that fails then the draft.

Both Britt and Quick are free agents next year, I don't believe the Rams can afford to wait that long for one of our rookies to hopefully step up. Josh Gordon could be available today at the right price, and he has 2 years remaining on his contract being that he will become an RFA following this season. Gordon this year and Jeffery next would completely transform the weakest unit on our O, ... and imo, Gordon immediately makes the Rams a play-off threat this year. Why wait ?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Both Britt and Quick are free agents next year, I don't believe the Rams can afford to wait that long for one of our rookies to hopefully step up. Josh Gordon could be available today at the right price, and he has 2 years remaining on his contract being that he will become an RFA following this season. Gordon this year and Jeffery next would completely transform the weakest unit on our O, ... and imo, Gordon immediately makes the Rams a play-off threat this year. Why wait ?

Because Josh Gordon would cost around a 2nd round pick and we don't even have a first next year. In addition he is one misstep away from a year long suspension. Risk outweighs the reward bigtime. I would love to have him for a 4th, but I don't think the Browns will give him up that easily