A HUGE What-If

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Say we end up 2-14 or something terrible like that, we own the top pick...Bradford plays terrible...Do we take Bridgewater? I've always personally not been a fan of Bradford...i think it goes back to the fact that im a MIZZOU fan, and he torches us often...IDK...but for any of us to say he has been a success would be delusional, how many years can you give an excuse? Anyway...maybe some of you draftnits can give me more info...if he is there, do we take him? and why or why not

moklerman

Warner-phile
I hear this guy's name a lot but I don't follow college ball. Is he a pocket passer or a runner? If he's a pocket passer, what has he done in college that Bradford didn't do in college?

fearsomefour

Legend
Trade down (Cleveland) and keep the two first round pick parade going for two more years. Draft the best available T with our first first rounder.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually only watch Mizzou games and i flip between the rest...have never seen him play...but i hear great things...Not sure on his mobility. He looks athletic, but i cant be sure.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
moklerman said:
I hear this guy's name a lot but I don't follow college ball. Is he a pocket passer or a runner? If he's a pocket passer, what has he done in college that Bradford didn't do in college?

My thoughts after watching this highlight vid is this:

Great feet, as in outstanding. He's accurate and has a pretty quick release. Very good pocket presence and this vid leads me to believe he doesn't pull it down and run when he feels pressure but I could be wrong maybe this clip just shows off his passes, anyway I see him moving and shifting then making a throw not taking off. Nice touch on the corner fades and short stuff too. Very good ball fake also.

He looks a little skinny in the shoulders but he's young and can put some weight on.

He will for sure be successful in the NFL in my opinion. He won't get the kind of time in the pocket you see on this film but his feet will help out there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPjOnmFVK4[/youtube]

moklerman

Warner-phile
Thanks for the video.

But that's why I hate trying to predict who's going to be a good transition from college to pro. I don't see TB doing anything remarkable in that video. I mean, nothing that at least 10 other highlight reels of other guys didn't do. Clean pocket most of the time and wide open receivers.

Look at Bradford's highlight reel(if you can stomach watching Bradford being used to his strengths). He's working mostly out of the shotgun and often has clean pockets and wide open receivers too but at least I also see him rolling the opposite way, throwing on the run and making throws with guys in his face. All those things will translate to the pro game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwstGmNajh0[/youtube]

iced

moklerman said:

Pocket Passer, strong arm, good vision, very good accuracy.

Athletic enough to scramble, but not an Rg3

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I'm scarred. The thought of taking another QB so high has me nervous...then if he underperforms, we have to be dedicated to him for several years only to watch it never get better, then we are stuck constantly making excuses. I wanna get lucky and hit a 2nd or 3rd round guy who can be a stud.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Can anyone tell me why these college guys can catch Bradford's "fastball" when apparently that's a problem for the Rams receivers? He isn't taking anything off many of the passes in that video and I don't see any problems for these guys. And Gresham's the only guy that actually did anything in the pro's isn't he? Iglesius never did anything but he's catch short zingers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
At the very least Bradford will play out his contract. Unless he just gives up, which I doubt, as that's not the type of guy he is. Bradford is not the problem and the front office knows this.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The team regardless of how Bradford does this year has to take a look at him if they think he will be on the board when 1 of the Rams pick comes up.
Is he a comparable player or can he be better? Can Bradford still walk at end of the season?
But the thing the Rams will look at if they like him is, they only have Bradford under control for 2 more years then can franchise him for 1 more realistically. Bridgewater would be under control for 5 years and at a greatly reduced cost.
Reduced cost = more blue chip players at other positions.

The Rams need to get a feel if Bradford wants to resign with them or does he want to move on.
That could be the driven element behind the extension talks.
Super Bowl or not, he plays at his avg. level were looking at Flacco $$$$$ to extend him.

At this point we're probably not going to reach the playoffs, so I throw caution to the wind, run a hurry up shotgun heavy spread it out O and let Sam show us what He is capable of, if he shows us he can play to the level of a top 10 QB awesome we have a QB, if not I pick up a QB in the first round of the draft regardless of where we're drafting. I wouldn't even be opposed to trading up if we really liked one.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
moklerman said:
Thanks for the video.

But that's why I hate trying to predict who's going to be a good transition from college to pro. I don't see TB doing anything remarkable in that video. I mean, nothing that at least 10 other highlight reels of other guys didn't do. Clean pocket most of the time and wide open receivers.

Look at Bradford's highlight reel(if you can stomach watching Bradford being used to his strengths). He's working mostly out of the shotgun and often has clean pockets and wide open receivers too but at least I also see him rolling the opposite way, throwing on the run and making throws with guys in his face. All those things will translate to the pro game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwstGmNajh0[/youtube]

Same here, I watch no college ball so I only see highlight films. What I kind of do with QB's when I watch the clips is discount any throw where they have to the count of four or more because that happens about once or twice a game in the pros and most guys are going to be able to find someone with that kind of time. Thats why when so many people were raving about Leinert I was down on him. His highlight films had only a couple of passes where he didn't have all day.

So this kid looks to me like the real deal because he is accurate, which like speed you either have or you don't, and has excellent feet. Plus when I watch his head he is looking around which means he understands how to go through his progressions.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rams and Gators said:
At this point we're probably not going to reach the playoffs, so I throw caution to the wind, run a hurry up shotgun heavy spread it out O and let Sam show us what He is capable of, if he shows us he can play to the level of a top 10 QB awesome we have a QB, if not I pick up a QB in the first round of the draft regardless of where we're drafting. I wouldn't even be opposed to trading up if we really liked one.

Well I never though we were going to the playoffs myself.....but I agree about opening the throttle and finding out what Bradford is capable of doing. Of course I'd manage my expectations with the talent/youth around him.

Right now it looks like the Rams will have 2 picks in the top 10 so they will be in real control of the draft. However I know they won't pick a QB and I hope they pull another big trade.

iced

bluecoconuts said:
At the very least Bradford will play out his contract. Unless he just gives up, which I doubt, as that's not the type of guy he is. Bradford is not the problem and the front office knows this.

i can't help but wonder why they'd be sniffing around josh freeman

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yea, let's ruin another QBs career before we assemble a respectable O-line.

This isn't the way to go and you know it.

Build from the inside out. Draft O-line and sign O-line free agents. Shake this problem down, now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
iced said:
bluecoconuts said:

i can't help but wonder why they'd be sniffing around josh freeman

Who says they are? They don't even have the cap space to sniff around Josh Freeman, and it's not like he would help.

There's going to be at least one new starter on the O-Line next year via FA or draft. There will also be a new starter lining up behind the line, but I can promise you it wont be at the QB position. We can stick any QB back there, with 18 yards rushing in a game they're going to fail. The Rams are currently running the 12th best passing offense in the league. That's best in the division, by a fair amount, so passing is not our issue right now. Our issue is our 32nd run offense that is averaging less than 50 yards per game, and dragging our total offense down to 30th. The fact that Bradford is running the 12th best passing offense in the league with zero run-game what-so-ever says that QB is the least of our problems on offense. We'll be looking to get a new RB before a new QB.

nighttrain

Legend
DR looked the part of a 7th round draft choice last game, could not go inside or outside. Blocking needs to improve, but we need a back that can do it on his own once in awhile.\, That is not DR
train

So it seems that most of you don't want to give up on Sam, fair enough, but at what point do you say enough is enough, does he have to play worse than he is at the moment, what if he keeps on playing like this deep into his 5 season?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Rams and Gators said:
So it seems that most of you don't want to give up on Sam, fair enough, but at what point do you say enough is enough, does he have to play worse than he is at the moment, what if he keeps on playing like this deep into his 5 season?

I think when we see that it is his play, and his play alone that is holding us back. At the moment I recognise that he can only succeed when he is in a position to do so. I honestly don't think that this is the case at the moment. He's playing against some pretty trying circumstances and has been his whole pro career.