A horse and a bowling ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty damn excited about out new addition at RB. We now have a human horse and bowling ball to use in our arsenal. Im already thinking of the many ways and tricks both can be used to beat anyone we go up against, and im sure im not the only one. I hope McVay is thinking the same thing. Remember when the Ravens demolished the Pats and Flacco only threw 10 times back in the 2011 playoffs? That's the kind of game I want to see with us.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gurley is the best in the game.

With that statement out of the way, here comes a question I believe many of you have asked yourself.

Against this Dallas D, with those badass LBers, does anyone think CJ Anderson might be the better suited RB to get positive yardage if our O-line isnt getting their front 7 on their heels in the run game?

Yes, I want to be able to ground and pound them with some play action, but I think they can match us all day in the run game.
I see a game where Jared is going to have to burn them in the air enough that Dak has to pass to keep up.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Gurley is the best in the game.

With that statement out of the way, here comes a question I believe many of you have asked yourself.

Against this Dallas D, with those badass LBers, does anyone think CJ Anderson might be the better suited RB to get positive yardage if our O-line isnt getting their front 7 on their heels in the run game?

Yes, I want to be able to ground and pound them with some play action, but I think they can match us all day in the run game.
I see a game where Jared is going to have to burn them in the air enough that Dak has to pass to keep up.

We're going to need both, along with jet sweeps. Gotta keep their linebackers on their toes in order for the PA to work. Their secondary can be passed on, imo.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Let's not forget that Gurley can play WR so that they can both be on the field at the same time in multiple sets.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now doubt about it that Gurley is the best. But i can see packages being used that can open up the field with both of them being used.

You can use CJ in a fullback type of position against defenses like Dallas. Put Gurley as a WR and CJ in the back. Who are they going to? If to any of them? If we can utilize our two rbs to their full potential it will make Goffs game that much easier. It also makes it that much harder for any defense to get tape on us.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You can use CJ in a fullback type of position against defenses like Dallas. Put Gurley as a WR and CJ in the back. Who are they going to?

I just got a crazy idea... after seeing CJ Andersons skill set and super fast learning, McVay uses his old Gruden connections and dusts off some of the old Mike Alstott plays.
A few plays as a decoy from FB, a few as a ball carrier or reciever.

All anyone really has on us is our 11 personnel and a handful of 12 personnel. Then we bust out some I formation and kidney punch the NFL to a Super Bowl win...
..a fella can dream.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see some 22 personnel :sneaky:. Then move Everett and Gurley out wide and see how they react.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams have to stick gain yards with the run enough to make play action meaningful against Dallas.

You are totally right of course.
If we can run with success, we must stick with it. But against our defense, the Cowboys and Zeke should be able to match us on the ground. Running into a wall on 1st and 2nd down leaving us with a lot of 3rd and longs will not help us win.
If we cant get it going with Gurley, we need to not wait long to see if Anderson can. If not, I hope we get into our hurry up a lot, spread them out and take whats there in the passing game.
With Dallas D and run game, they can easily dominate TOP if we are not breaking off chunks on the ground.
They want us to play their game.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
T personally think we need to set the tone and go hurry up from the get go. Goff flourishes in the no huddle and has seemed to get his groove going these past few weeks when we have struggled. Goff wasnt doing so hot against niners until we started going hurry up.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not true, we've lined Gurley up as a WR before in the past. Its all about misconception.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

Its one play that we could use to our advantage depending on what the defense shows. We dont even have to give it to Gurley or Anderson in that formation. But the fact 2 rbs are out on the field may persuade the D to think that's where we are going. We could also use Gurley as a blocker to set up another WR in that set up. Theres a few possibilities depending on the situation.

Just bc they may not be the better of the group in terms of positions they are taking doesn't mean we can't create a successful play. Why would Detroit and Chicago use a lineman to catch a td on us? Why would Philly or New England set up a trick play and use their qbs as receivers and wr as a qb to get those few extra yards for a first down?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
5a6546e8732178c9297f134a45b35c7c.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just got a crazy idea... after seeing CJ Andersons skill set and super fast learning, McVay uses his old Gruden connections and dusts off some of the old Mike Alstott plays.
A few plays as a decoy from FB, a few as a ball carrier or reciever.
Some of this with TG, CJ and Higbee
Sport-Football-Pro-Set-Formation-(Offense)-Sample.png

dang

Legend
Got to figure out a way to get Gurley in space and to get some tough yards up the middle. I see some changes in our offensive scheme to utilize Gurley and Anderson in making this happen. If it works - our offense will put their defense back on their heels.

Ram65

Legend

After thinking about you seem to be right here. I think the Saints went away from the two back offense this year.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I cant wait to see this duo in action.

Remember the last time we played the cowgirls , Gurley caught a huge pass from the slot , I would love to see more of that !