A Few More Things to Like about Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he meant that he comes across as a regular guy not a "star". Certainly nobody can possibly call what he has done ordinary.

I hope Fisher plays this kid because a lot of us think he's got what it takes.

I'm always cautiously optimistic and obviously he needs to play more games. Is he Kellen Clemens 2.0 or does he has what it takes to at the very minimum win more games than he loses? I understand he does not come off as a "Star" for now, but that's because of his background.

Les all of us are hoping for the next????? What? Really since rooting for the Rams (me 1973) who has been their best Quarterback? I will always post Warner for the Superbowl he brought this team, but it's not like the running back position or defensive end where the Rams seem to always fine some great ones.

We all want Austin Davis to be special and quite frankly, the kid's demeanor has been a breath of fresh air, however, this organization is not in the upper echelon of the NFL for many reasons so hopefully he has what it takes, but let the season play out first.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm always cautiously optimistic and obviously he needs to play more games. Is he Kellen Clemens 2.0 or does he has what it takes to at the very minimum win more games than he loses? I understand he does not come off as a "Star" for now, but that's because of his background.

Les all of us are hoping for the next????? What? Really since rooting for the Rams (me 1973) who has been their best Quarterback? I will always post Warner for the Superbowl he brought this team, but it's not like the running back position or defensive end where the Rams seem to always fine some great ones.

We all want Austin Davis to be special and quite frankly, the kid's demeanor has been a breath of fresh air, however, this organization is not in the upper echelon of the NFL for many reasons so hopefully he has what it takes, but let the season play out first.

I'm right there with ya.

If Fisher starts Hill there are going to be fans that are pissed off. But I wonder what about the locker room, the guys seem to be drawn to Austin. I think they like an underdog. A Rudy of sorts.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Davis to Bradford comparisons on this board are downright laughable...

Sir there are no comparisons IMO they are more observations about Davis because he's actually on the field. Believe you me sir all of us wanted Bradford as the field general this year including Jeff Fisher & Les Snead and they wanted him to be the starting quarterback so bad that this is why we are posting about Austin Davis and not Blake Bortles for example.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm right there with ya.

If Fisher starts Hill there are going to be fans that are pissed off. But I wonder what about the locker room, the guys seem to be drawn to Austin. I think they like an underdog. A Rudy of sorts.

We're Americans we love underdogs because for the most part we are them and I think he does rally the guys, but I will be interested to see how Fisher plays this because he still needs to win games there will be no excuses for losing his QB, IMHO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

As a St.L football fan I'd settle for the next Jim Hart, he was good enough with playmakers and had he had a top 5-10 defense I think the Cardinals might still be in St.Louis .
He doesn't have to be Warner

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We're Americans we love underdogs because for the most part we are them and I think he does rally the guys, but I will be interested to see how Fisher plays this because he still needs to win games there will be no excuses for losing his QB, IMHO.

Or losing part of the locker room.

Was just looking at the statistics, QB who last season over a 2 game span threw at least 71 passes and completed over 73% of those (an admittedly narrow criteria):

Brees
Ryan
P. Manning
Rivers

Not a bad group to have your name amongst.

Ramathon

I can agree with that. Like I said I understand why he is going with Hill, but I don't really know how much more of a chance he gives us personally, especially with how bad the defense has been. If the Rams start winning I won't care who is at QB, though my personal preference is Davis ofc.

Still more worried about this defense at this point.

Agree that Hill may not increase the odds of winning all that much vs Davis. And like you say, I'm also more worried about the D.