7-0 when we score 19 points or more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think this stat bares out the fact most of us knew going into this season. If we could average 20+ pts a game, this team was going to the playoffs.

Athos

Legend
24 ppg should be the bar set. With the defense and special teams we're trotting out there we'll
win alot of games scoring at that clip.

I've gone over this before. Nearly every team that dances in January is scoring at about that clip. Maybe only one team a year doesn't, but they sport a top 5 defense.

And honestly... We aren't close to top 5 in my opinion until we get better LB talent and this D learns how to get out of its own way on 3rd down without giving up huge garbage style plays that break the back.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Side note, I wouldn't give special teams a total pass on all this. Greg the Leg cost us (could have won us) a few games this year which would have put us in the playoffs too. His FG pct of 69.2 is 2nd worst in the league. 2 missed PATs.

From memory
  • the Minn game his miss almost lost them a chance to tie (but he made up for it)
  • the Baltimore game he missed a long chance to win
  • the Green Bay game he couldn't make anything. I don't think that would have won it per se, but it could have kept it competitive and they would have had a chance with a last min drive. Demoralizing misses.
  • Even the Seattle game, the missed PAT gave Seattle a theoretical chance at the end to win (rather than tie) had Seattle come up with that onside kick
Of course, the flip side to that is that if Zuerlein was making all his FGs, it might have masked the fact that Foles was really terrible.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalPct

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Our D is top 5 Imo if get average offence all year long were playoff bound.Next year with a decent Qb and if we resign key players like TrU,JJ and Barron will will win 11-13 games.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Side note, I wouldn't give special teams a total pass on all this. Greg the Leg cost us (could have won us) a few games this year which would have put us in the playoffs too. His FG pct of 69.2 is 2nd worst in the league. 2 missed PATs.

I'm thinking Zuerlein might be on his way to his own thread. I wouldnt put the whole loss on zuerlein because frankly the Rams got their butts kicked by a team whose head coach just got fired. But a better kicker could have salvaged a win for the Rams today.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
had GZ made the 52 yarder today, 8-0 with 19 or more would have happened. plus the defense is that good missing key players for lengthy times as well. a poster (s) have put about getting a drew brees here. reading this thread i understand that pov, however, i dont see the Rams able to coerce brees into being here. who else is available as a decent experienced qb that might want to play for the rams?