6 days rest for tired Falcons, and Rams get 8 against Vikings (!!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Falcons had a physical intra divisional game against the Panthers, and now have 6 days rest---while the Rams rested 80% of their starters. I think this is huge---and we will see this 'show up' in the 2nd half!

Also, the Rams get 8 days rest because we are playing (if we win) the Vikings the following Sunday.

The Falcons are a good team...I least wanted to play them because they have a balanced offense, and a pretty good defense. Without the Rest I wouldn't be as confident.

Rams 27-16....Falcons have 4 turnovers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna take anything away from the Falcons, but the Rams have been the better team all year. There is no reason for me to think the Rams will come out flat.

IMO the Rams will be focused in and all I can say is Atlanta better be ready to ball out from the first snap.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not gonna take anything away from the Falcons, but the Rams have been the better team all year. There is no reason for me to think the Rams will come out flat.

IMO the Rams will be focused in and all I can say is Atlanta better be ready to ball out from the first snap.

For many of us it is difficult to have faith until we see the team jump the hurdles. Throttling the Shehawks was huge for making me a true believer. But losses against Minnesota and Philadelphia still stir the doubt.

The playoffs are a different animal and the Falcons come with quality experience in that area. They are the one team I was most concerned with in the playoffs. They have a better Oline than the Rams, plus Julio and Sanu to go with Ryan. That is a better group than what Minnesota has

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
For many of us it is difficult to have faith until we see the team jump the hurdles. Throttling the Shehawks was huge for making me a true believer. But losses against Minnesota and Philadelphia still stir the doubt.

The playoffs are a different animal and the Falcons come with quality experience in that area. They are the one team I was most concerned with in the playoffs. They have a better Oline than the Rams, plus Julio and Sanu to go with Ryan. That is a better group than what Minnesota has
This playoff experience you people preach. What is it exactly? Are they playing a different game? Atlanta didn’t have playoff experience since 2012 before last year. And they went to the superbowl. I just don’t understand why it matters if a team has been there or not.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Defense is what will win this game. LaFleur hasn't been too far removed from their system, so he should be able to give us insights on what Ryan's strengths and weaknesses are, who he's more comfortable with receiver wise, etc. Our defensive front has to deliver pressure before Ryan can get to his receivers. Freeman is also noone to slouch against.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another team the Rams are not familiar with... that always concerns me.

Of course, that cuts both ways

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To me..it's line play....vic beasley vs rob havenstein

AD/Brockers vs Mack & friends...Matthews...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either we're good enough or we're not.

We ARE good enough. I expect a huge win before a large home crowd.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I just don’t understand why it matters if a team has been there or not.

You don't?

Just how often does someone get to the "big stage" for the first time, have jitters, second guess themselves, be unaccustomed to the pressures that come with both the attention and sudden death elimination? It's just as with the saying about "learning how to win", it usually doesn't come all at once or automatically without being there and going through it once or twice and learning from the experience....nes pas? :pillowfight:

And yes their are outlier(s) like the 99 Rams....but they had home field, a bye.....oh yes, and lastly, a Fisher led team for an opponent. :deadhorse:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Although the Rams are a better team, it’s the matchups that scare me against the Falcons. We destroyed teams with weak OLines and gave up too many yards and points to those with good ones. Their backs are like having two Kamaras. Their top WR is like playing Fitzgerald. Either Donald’s play produces turnovers or this defense will get shredded. Also, Ryan will likely throw us a couple picks, but will we catch them?

As well as we know Atlanta’s offense, they also know ours. Teams have focused on our play action lately and it’s been less effective and we were lucky not to have more turnovers as a result. Beasley can do to Havenstein what Clowney did and we saw what happened in the first half of that game. Fortunately, our OLine has steadily improved its run blocking and I believe this is the true key to the game.

On special teams, we have the advantage everywhere but the FG unit. I pray that isn’t the deciding factor here.

While we are certainly good enough to win and even dominate this game...there are too many scenarios that can play out where we lose for me to be truly confident. Like the Bucs game in 99 and the Patriots SB of 01, it can come down to a handful of breaks one way or another. I will be sweating bullets on Saturday.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
GMFB didn't give us a raving review for the upcoming game. They say Falcons have way more experience... well duh. I hope everyone is looking at us as an underdog. We need a huge crowd to get behind our guys. I want to bury the Falcons because of what they did to us last year. It's our time to take the torch and run with it.

Here is the video from GMFB.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Experience does count when it comes to playing in big games, however the ghost of Super Bowl 2017 probably also lingers in the minds of some of their players. After leading 28-3 in the 3'd quarter, will we piss it away again against the Rams if we get ahead? So experience and a monumental meltdown cancel each other out.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
After watching sports for over 50 years it’s my opinion playoff experience is vastly overrated

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You don't?

Just how often does someone get to the "big stage" for the first time, have jitters, second guess themselves, be unaccustomed to the pressures that come with both the attention and sudden death elimination? It's just as with the saying about "learning how to win", it usually doesn't come all at once or automatically without being there and going through it once or twice and learning from the experience....nes pas? :pillowfight:

And yes their are outlier(s) like the 99 Rams....but they had home field, a bye.....oh yes, and lastly, a Fisher led team for an opponent. :deadhorse:
The Patriots and Tom Brady had zero experience in 2001. We already won the superbowl. They beat us. I get the players can be nervous. But they’re still playing football. These guys have been playing under the big lights for their entire careers. High school championships, Bowl games, you name it.

99.9% of the time, the more talented, better coached team wins, regardless of experience.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I disagree with your opinion of the Falcons, they are much weaker than last year and the Viqueens "D" is much better than the Falcon's!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After watching sports for over 50 years it’s my opinion playoff experience is vastly overrated
I would say, of all the Post Season games, including the Super Bowl, The Conference Championship Games are usually the Best games! JMHO!

TexasRam

Legend
Atlanta’s interior line, Levitre a triceps injury and Mack a calf injury will probably play but both are not 100%. Donald should feast.

I like what Wade Phillips brings to the table with his playoff and Super Bowl experience. I can see shutting down the Falcons offense as a strong possibility.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This playoff experience you people preach. What is it exactly? Are they playing a different game? Atlanta didn’t have playoff experience since 2012 before last year. And they went to the superbowl. I just don’t understand why it matters if a team has been there or not.

Every former NFL player that I have ever heard speak about the playoffs, disagrees with you.

I disagree with your opinion of the Falcons, they are much weaker than last year and the Viqueens "D" is much better than the Falcon's!

I never mentioned defense. And yeah Minnesota has a better D. I am worried about Atlanta’s offense. A good Oline, QB, RBs and WRs. Plus they have been playing better later in the season. This won’t be a game where the Rams can afford to make mistakes.