56/1 I am Now in Goff's Camp.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Goff's TD/INT ratio in the red zone in his 37 starts since 2013.

My apologies Gentlemen,but this stat like Glenn Close, cannot be ignored!

Yeah I think I've been swayed. Between that number and Mac's thread, it sounds like the best pick is Goff. Not to mention that wild 11-cone drill he did in the pocket during an actual game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I think I've been swayed. Between that number and Mac's thread, it sounds like the best pick is Goff. Not to mention that wild 11-cone drill he did in the pocket during an actual game.

I concur and from day one Goff will be taking first team reps.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to find that workout in the rain, I know Mike Silver reported that, but Mike Silver is also a Cal-Berkeley Alum.

I've always felt strongly that Wentz represented more the type of QB that Fisher would want, however, some things are different now and Goff's ability to start from day one, pocket awareness and the ability to get rid of the ball quick, might trump the bigger QB.

Accuracy
is one of the most important traits in today's game and there is no debating that Goff is off the charts in that category, plus I have a feeling passing game coordinator Mike Groh (a former collegiate QB) has a seat at the table.
The workout in the rain was the "secret/private" workout. Not the Cal pro day. At both workouts they got to see the guys throw in the rain. But at Goff's ... it was storming.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fvZXE7H.jpg

I think that uniform makes him thin

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I know this ... Come April 28, OUR Rams are going to have a MUCH better QB situation and hope for the future. :D The Rams really never have had that "franchise QB". I mean yeah...we have had some pretty damn good ones from time to time. .. but none of them were those "starters for the next 10-15 yrs". They all were gone after short to mid length runs. I'd like to finally get that guy....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Well, to be clear, I didn't say the best pick was Goff. I said that's who they were gonna pick.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The workout in the rain was the "secret/private" workout. Not the Cal pro day. At both workouts they got to see the guys throw in the rain. But at Goff's ... it was storming.

Isn't NDSU's facility indoors? I'm guessing they went somewhere else to do the workout?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Isn't NDSU's facility indoors? I'm guessing they went somewhere else to do the workout?
Well word is on that workout that it was indoors, but also raining outside and they did some throwing outdoors. Just what I heard on that one. On Goff's ... I know because I know one of his OL and he told my son it was pouring.

WvuIN02

Starter
McNair, who won a NFL MVP award, was never more than above average at best? Both guys were/are average to below average? Joe Flacco rode an insanely good defense to the Super Bowl? I'm going to tell you that you're wrong and just stop here. This conversation won't go anywhere.
"Im going to tell you youre wrong"

Talk about hubris.:rolleyes:

Sorry but those guys are not going on anyones list of great QBs. Average to above average at best.

McNair threw for over 16 tds three times in 13 years. Sorry, but no, just no.

edit:: I just looked up the passing td records for single seasons at pro-reference.com. The list stops at the top 236 single seasons.....McNair didnt even crack the list once before it stopped. And the list is littered with average QBs all over the place like Aaron Brooks, Jon Kitna etc. :rolllaugh:

Last edited:
Name
Raminiscing
Not that it means much but all the females in my house say Draft Goff lol.
I guess he does have the Calif look too him.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that it means much but all the females in my house say Draft Goff lol.
I guess he does have the Calif look too him.
The hollywood star he resembles most is Ryan Gosling. I think there's actually a football movie that Ryan Gosling starred in. I'll let you guys do the picture comparison stuff.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Mike Silver's not only convinced they're drafting Goff, but that he's a sure thing.

Technically, he said "He won't fail."

mmmmmokay....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well one of those is an intel and the other an opinion.

I think it's also an indication of how firmly they believe in Goff. I don't think it's just his belief. I think he's indicating based on his conversations with Fisher and others.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It seems that most of those "insiders" that have the most conviction in the pick say it's Goff. the others say it more as an "I think" or "the best fit". I will say that I picked up on what Mack was saying .... I detected more "upbeat" in the tone from both Fisher and Snead when they talked about Goff. But hell ... they have been pretty good at cloak & dagger and poker faces since together so who knows....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
And to say it again, I REALLY like Goff.

I just don't think you can add Goff, stir, and viola...instant success. That wasn't all that was wrong with this offense and if Fisher thinks that, then we have 3-4 years of frustrated tinkering while they try to figure out the obvious...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Im going to tell you youre wrong"

Talk about hubris.:rolleyes:

Sorry but those guys are not going on anyones list of great QBs. Average to above average at best.

McNair threw for over 16 tds three times in 13 years. Sorry, but no, just no.

edit:: I just looked up the passing td records for single seasons at pro-reference.com. The list stops at the top 236 single seasons.....McNair didnt even crack the list once before it stopped. And the list is littered with average QBs all over the place like Aaron Brooks, Jon Kitna etc. :rolllaugh:

Troy Aikman threw for over 16 TDs three times in 12 years. So I guess he's average to above average at best as well. Let's also ignore the fact that the QB you claimed is average to above average AT BEST won a MVP award. That's odd. How did he manage to do that? Wouldn't that require being better than average?

Oh and the best part was your laughable claim that Joe Flacco rode his running game and defense to a Super Bowl. Would that be during the post-season run where Flacco threw 11 TDs to 0 Ints and a 117.2 QB Rating in 4 games? You know...the same post-season run where the Broncos scored 35 points and the 49ers scored 31 points? But it was the defense and the running game that carried Flacco to the Super Bowl win? Let's just ignore that Flacco had one of the best post-season runs by a QB ever. Yea, it was the defense and the running game that carried the Ravens.

It's really unfortunate that you didn't just accept my simple answer. Would have made this so much easier.

And McNair?

Don't know. Alcorn State's records weren't on wikipedia and I didn't feel like trying to dig through and find them elsewhere. I just assumed you're right on McNair.