56/1 I am Now in Goff's Camp.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Let's not let stats and numbers dictate this anyway. Use your eyes - who can play and whose game would be best for us?

You see there's the thing

BPA vs current system

Age old debate yet again

I'm am on the edge of my seat here, current regeime strategy is pointing to CW, a blind man can see it

Just hope that " one time, one time" they get it right

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
There Wentz Goff's chance.:death:

Welcome to the Browns Jared!:football:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Red-Zone.jpeg

Not comparable. Goff didn't have a run game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not comparable. Goff didn't have a run game.
It's not a comparison. It's a list. Goff, Wentz, Boykin, Johnson, and Prescott were the only five passers who registered a red zone TD percentage over 30% without throwing an interception. All we're talking about is redzone proficiency as a passer.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really tough decision...glad I don't have to make it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2014 DROY Aaron Donald
2015 OROY Todd Gurley
2016 OROY Carson Wentz
2017 Super Bowl MVP Carson Wentz

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've been going back and forth on the two.. I like the size of Wentz more, but I like the accuracy of Goff.. I like how Goff can move and dance in the pocket, but I also like how Wentz can escape and make guys miss.. I like how Wentz played in a pro system, but I like how Goff played against more talent...

Dammit, this is too hard, Snead needs to hurry up and make up my mind for me.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I've been going back and forth on the two.. I like the size of Wentz more, but I like the accuracy of Goff.. I like how Goff can move and dance in the pocket, but I also like how Wentz can escape and make guys miss.. I like how Wentz played in a pro system, but I like how Goff played against more talent...

Couldn't have said it better myself!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Goff played 3 years with no run game, and no run threat. Number of attempts is relevant. Percentages can be misleading.

(See Hekker's stats as a QB.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny that I have vacillated between the two because they are both impressive, so I am getting razzed for older posts saying I was in the tank for Goff and also for Wentz...Good thing too...I can say I picked the right guy no matter what!:rockon:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2014 DROY Aaron Donald
2015 OROY Todd Gurley
2016 OROY Carson Wentz
2017 Super Bowl MVP Carson Wentz

2014 DROY Aaron Donald
2015 OROY Todd Gurley
2016 OROY Jared Goff
2016 Super Bowl MVP Jared Goff

;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think @den-the-coach had it right the first time, that the Rams will take Wentz. Snead and Fish go with upside.

I'll be very happy if the Rams take Goff, but I think it unlikely right now. And that's ok by me. Either one upgrades us significantly.

WvuIN02

Starter
Yeah... Wentz is money in the Red Zone.
I guess I just dont get it, I have never been impressed with Wentz so far and the competition level is a big deal for me. For the top pick in the draft he should have dominated the Senior Bowl, but Prescott was better. He just doesnt pass the eye test I guess when he is vs D1 talent, he looks great vs FCS competition but Northern Iowa is not the same as Oregon, Stanford, and USC every year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Neither QB had anything to do with the scheduling. It would have been great had NDSU played Cal. Then we could have seen some things and had some things to compare.

If we solely look at competition, then Flacco, McNair and a goodly number of other QBs would never get the slightest look because they didn't go to a major conference.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I just dont get it, I have never been impressed with Wentz so far and the competition level is a big deal for me. For the top pick in the draft he should have dominated the Senior Bowl, but Prescott was better. He just doesnt pass the eye test I guess when he is vs D1 talent, he looks great vs FCS competition but Northern Iowa is not the same as Oregon, Stanford, and USC every year.

Wentz was the best guy all week at the Senior Bowl. The game doesn't count for much. A lot of the NFL guys leave after the final practice.

And one thing people seem to constantly ignore is that Wentz wasn't playing FCS talent on Oregon. Wentz was playing FCS talent on a FCS team. He had FCS linemen, he had FCS receivers, and he had FCS backs. He didn't get bigger windows or worse coverage because of the level of competition. Because his WRs weren't good. There's a whole hell of a lot of film of Wentz throwing into tight windows and making NFL throws/reads. Those are what matter more than anything.

Go back and watch Joe Flacco at Delaware. You probably wouldn't be blown away by him either. It seems like you have unrealistic expectations for what you expect Wentz to be. It's like you expect Wentz to be putting up unheard of numbers to compensate for the lower level of competition. But he's in a pro style run first system with FCS caliber players around him.(not to knock his supporting cast, besides the WRs, they were quite good) It's simply not realistic. Stop treating Wentz like LeBron James playing against high school kids. If he were a HB or a WR, there would be more merit to that. But he's a QB. If he's facing just as tight of windows as guys like Goff and Lynch (and he did) and making just as tough of reads (and he did) then there's no true advantage.

Is it worth considering that he played at the FCS? Yes. But only to the point that you actively look for the sort of plays that translate to the NFL. And there are plenty of those in his film.

It's also worth mentioning that it's ridiculously hard to get picked in the first round as a FCS QB. Teams tend to be skeptical of FCS players and it's hard to find guys with the caliber of talent who standout enough in the FCS to go that highly. Basically, you have to be VERY SPECIAL to be drafted in the first round as a FCS QB. There have only been two guys drafted in the first round at QB from FCS programs since 1990...Steve McNair and Joe Flacco. I'd say that sort of history bodes well for Wentz.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I was too.
After the trade up, I started watching games. The more I watched Goff, the more I freaked out how good he was under pressure. Under massive amounts of intense pressure.

I prefer the guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Warner. The guys that can stand tall and throw the ball to keep things moving.

A running QB is less dangerous, late in the game when the qb's arm is the most important part of the game.
I just think that Goff has the moxie to do just that.

Goff is the guy imo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz was the best guy all week at the Senior Bowl. The game doesn't count for much. A lot of the NFL guys leave after the final practice.

And one thing people seem to constantly ignore is that Wentz wasn't playing FCS talent on Oregon. Wentz was playing FCS talent on a FCS team. He had FCS linemen, he had FCS receivers, and he had FCS backs. He didn't get bigger windows or worse coverage because of the level of competition. Because his WRs weren't good. There's a whole hell of a lot of film of Wentz throwing into tight windows and making NFL throws/reads. Those are what matter more than anything.

Go back and watch Joe Flacco at Delaware. You probably wouldn't be blown away by him either. It seems like you have unrealistic expectations for what you expect Wentz to be. It's like you expect Wentz to be putting up unheard of numbers to compensate for the lower level of competition. But he's in a pro style run first system with FCS caliber players around him.(not to knock his supporting cast, besides the WRs, they were quite good) It's simply not realistic. Stop treating Wentz like LeBron James playing against high school kids. If he were a HB or a WR, there would be more merit to that. But he's a QB. If he's facing just as tight of windows as guys like Goff and Lynch (and he did) and making just as tough of reads (and he did) then there's no true advantage.

Is it worth considering that he played at the FCS? Yes. But only to the point that you actively look for the sort of plays that translate to the NFL. And there are plenty of those in his film.

It's also worth mentioning that it's ridiculously hard to get picked in the first round as a FCS QB. Teams tend to be skeptical of FCS players and it's hard to find guys with the caliber of talent who standout enough in the FCS to go that highly. Basically, you have to be VERY SPECIAL to be drafted in the first round as a FCS QB. There have only been two guys drafted in the first round at QB from FCS programs since 1990...Steve McNair and Joe Flacco. I'd say that sort of history bodes well for Wentz.

in summation, projections man, projections.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I too have been going back and forth on them like crazy. I'm currently leaning towards Goff. I only have concerns about his size - but it doesn't stop Teddy Bridgewater.

On the other hand I love Wentz!
Whoever they pick (unless it's Tunsil or Ramsey or something crazy like Will Fuller) I'm gonna go nutz when the commish announces it.