5 takeaways from the Rams' 30-27 victory over the Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The Rams have always had a “bend but don’t break” mentality on defense since Wade Phillips took over as the team’s defensive coordinator.

Gregg Williams would like to have a word with Steve Rebeiro in the parking lot

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Goff: very rusty, but the game sealing throw to Higbee was a precision dart.

OL: good but not great, which is actually a pretty good sign. Everybody else is getting a pass with the understanding that they are gonna be better than what we saw, right? I mean seriously, HAVS got a penalty. Can you remember where you were the last time that happened?

Rapp: the writer loses some credibility here. Rapp's PT is unaffected by Weddle's. The plan is for both to be on the field at the same time. Hager comes out and Rapp goes in. Rapp has a different role that replaces the one played by barron.
...except Rapp will be better. He's a sure tackler and pretty good in coverage. He had a pretty good game for his opener.

Donald: we all know he starts slow and why his #s weren't significant--we watch the Rams every week. I am not currently worried.

The run game: this is what a McVay offense is all about. I was not thrilled to see the way Gurley started, but everything made sense in the end. He is a closer. He's too strong for a worn defense. Total rush yards tell the story.

STs: omg, what a nightmare! I truly cannot remember a worse game played by that unit...EVER! I don't even think I can recall every miscue without cliff notes.

All in all, the Rams came out expectedly rusty and because the panthers are better than the raiders, the Rams had to grit this one out. Considering what the worst plays and moments were of that game, I'm not yet concerned. After all, champions win on a bad day and the Rams do not lose to bad teams.

Edit:
Oops! I forgot to mention the return of Cooper Kupp. Great game and doing it early as if McVay wanted to make a statement. What a difference having him out there.

Last edited: