5 players under pressure at training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BonifayRam said:
Ramaro21 said:
I'll bite.
1 and 2. I believe Snead and Fisher knew what they were getting with Quick. They also know they are in it for the long haul and not just the current year. I also believe Quick knows this too and is working hard to be what they expect him to be. Only draft geeks care about draft position in the new CBA world. I doubt Snead of Fisher do because they are looking at long term results.

3. Fisher and Snead IMO thought he was the best WR there for the future...not last year. To them, he has the most upside for the future.

4. Again you seem to be a draft geek and care about draft positions too much. There are millions of examples of lower round drafted players playing better than higher ones.

As for Givens...he's fast. That's how he got on the field before Quick last year. If you watched, he didn't do more then go routes the first half of the season. Then did the famous double move that isn't very hard to do and Bruce and Holt made a living of of. Givens got better in the second half and sucked up up really well when Amendola went down. He will be good going forward obviously.

Quick is not fast. Quick was learning all the route trees. IMO that was his job last year. Learn. He had a lot to learn, so I didn't expect him out there much anyway. But we will see this year and the next if Fisher and Snead got the right guy...for the Rams future next 5-10 years. I'm guessing he will show us.

5. Not even going to comment on that. Any comment that states Fisher and Snead "felt so uncomfortable early this off season" doesn't need to be addressed. albefree69 answered it well enough.

Yes nice counter on my post! WE will disagree big. Better plan on building your Ram NFL team with your unbelievable valued priceless provided draft picks! When you utilize multiple high draft selections for one position like WR......33rd & then Snead follows by using a 4th & then 1st & 3rd draft picks in back to back drafts...Not so sure how that totally is a big pressure release for Quick. It sure does not speak in fact on how much this Org has in Quick. Then throw in the fact Fisher purchased a top receiver in Jared Cook in UFA too. I am not in your corner that Snead & Fisher feel just fine with what they got and it was what they were expecting. Usually bad loosing teams with the ugliest receiving group in the NFL in 2011 and then you select a WR with a 33rd pick for a far off future possible starter in 2014 or 2015 when Quick is departing for UFA'cy ? No you use this selection with the expectations to start!

Ram fans who have suffered greatly from losing season to loosing season have witnessed over & over again when a NFL team FAILS to make good draft selections. I will continue to stress and stress again that those high draft selections are extremely important to winning team. Presently the Ram org. has got very little in return from that pick in 2012. As far as Quick being Fishers WR for the next 5 to 10 yrs? His contract only goes till 2015 when he is UFA. I want Quick starting from day one in 2013 TC and never look back. Thanks for your reply on my post.

all i will say is go back and look at the td quick scored against the whiners and tell me which other receiver on the roster can do that. that is why the rams brought in quick and why he is under no pressure except getting better every year. he is the only wr on the roster that can be that true #1 wr, which was the plan all along for fisher and snead.