5 Players Firmly on the Roster Bubble

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BonifayRam with his thoughts on Cunningham:
Snead & Fisher IMO has some good options with Benny. Currently Ram appear to be set going into TC with Pead Stacy-Richardson as the main three RB's. From all that I have read the need for a 4th RB is not all that high on priorities due to the teams desire to get the ball into the hands of Tavon as often as possible. I consider TA Fishers 4th RB on the 53 player master roster. Ganaway as the 5th RB.

Benny's knee most probably could use some additional time to be ready for all the upcoming hard TC & pre season action. Options might be he is #1-IR'd or #2-PUP'd just before the season begins. #3- he makes master roster or released & signed for the PS (highly doubtful). I just do not think Fisher will take any chance on Benny on losing him.

I'll take door #1. We'll have a much better situation for his evaluation after the dust settles concerning our current crop of RBs. I certainly don't anticipate us using any additional resources at the RB position next year. I think our solution at that position is already on the roster.

I think Ganaway is going to have to really step up to crack the top 4. I don't see that happening.[/quote]

nighttrain

Legend
den-the-coach said:
IMO Cody Davis is the only player to have a shot to make the team and that could diminish because of a veteran cut at safety by another team.

Benny Cunningham will not be ready because of injury and the Rams want him for the PS and to be ready for 2014.

You can call him Ray-Ray, however, he will be another PS player with hopes of him learning the LB position, but I don't expect much because he has always been overhyped.

Darren Woodard unless others get injured I don't expect to see much of him because I feel much better about UDRFA CB's Robert Steeples & Andre Martin.

As to Terrell Brown in the words of Petula Clark, he'll be sent downtown and I would not be shocked if he's a day one cut based on conditioning.

I think Davis is as close to a lock as an UDFA can be
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
nighttrain said:
I think Davis is as close to a lock as an UDFA can be
train

Fisher's two starting safeties in 2012 were UDFA's. The top 2012 reserve safety was Darian Stewart and he is the surest thing to the Rams starter in 2013 is a UDFA. Last years new safety additions were McLeod & Daniels both UDFA's. Add Quinton Pointer to that list of UDFA safeties.

So Fishers top four returning safeties this yr are all UDFA's now add Cannon Smith & Cody Davis both UDFA's. Looks to me its SIX UDFA's free for all to land Ram safety roster spots.

Like nighttrain said Davis looks to have as good a chance as the others to stick!