49ers before and after Garoppolo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

94niners

UDFA
He throws stupid passes too often, but this is pretty remarkable (especially yards per pass, 29th to 1st):

Statistics before he took over and after.

Offensive yards/game 321.7 (21st in NFL) 410.0 (3rd)
Points/game 17.0 (28th) 28.8 (5th)
Yards/play 4.9 (24th) 6.1 (4th)
Passing yards/game 221.8 (17th) 297 (3rd)
Passing yards/att. 5.66 (29th) 8.44 (1st)
Completion percentage 56.6 (31st) 67 (6th)
Passer rating 72.6 (31st) 94.0 (11th)
Total QBR 32.4 (28th) 80.0 (1st)
Rushing yards/game 99.9 (23rd) 113.0 (16th)
3rd-down conversion percentage 34.1 (26th) 50.0 (3rd)
Offensive efficiency 20.88 (31st) 70.53 (4th)
First downs/game 18.5 (T-22nd) 23.4 (2nd)
Time of possession 27:36 (31st) 32:54 (3rd)
Defensive yards allowed/game 374.2 (28th) 301.8 (7th)
Defensive yards allowed/play 5.41 (18th) 4.96 (9th)
Points allowed/game 25.82 (28th) 19.8 (T-9th)

Pretty wild that one guy matters that much.

Arizona is doomed. Seattle is slowly eroding. The next decade is going to be the old rivalry once again.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Give garraopolo a full off-season with Shanny and good things should come from it.

This rivalry is definitely on the way back, in a big way.

fearsomefour

Legend
Watching Garoppolos feet and especially his release....already one of the fastest in the league....is what I see with him.
He could well be hard to beat with the blitz because of those traits. And I'm not talking about running, although he can.
I think the Whiners got a total steal and it pisses me off.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another QB that I wished the Rams had drafted. If they had the don't need to trade up for Goff. Garapolo was a good pick up for the Whiners.

Those last four games were against three good defenses. The Rams game doesn't count.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another QB that I wished the Rams had drafted. If they had the don't need to trade up for Goff. Garapolo was a good pick up for the Whiners.

Those last four games were against three good defenses. The Rams game doesn't count.
I wanted him too in that draft, but he also got to sit behind Brady and was coached up by Josh McDaniels (& others).

Fisher & Co. would have probably ruined him.

The Ramowl

Starter
Let's also see how he does after people have watched enough tape on him. I am not ready to crown him as the next Aaron Rodgers just yet. I'll wait until he meets Aaron Donald

But the 49ers might have a shot at winning the division next year though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Dude's, I'm sorry, but Garopp, throws a lot of bad passes. He may improve, but he doesn't scare me anyhow. The only accurate thing to come from this article, was the QBR stat....Jimmy is the number 1 ranked QB, based on his stats.....STUPID.

How you get the highest QBR in the league this year, with his TD to INT %...just stupid. QBR is the WORST stat in the history of the NFL.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How you get the highest QBR in the league this year, with his TD to INT %...just stupid. QBR is the WORST stat in the history of the NFL.

The Doctor is in the house, great point, but to be honest and I hope I'm wrong, I have always liked Jimmy Garraopolo, wanted the Rams to draft him, being right in the Rams backyard, when they were in St. Louis (Eastern Illinois) just seems to have "It." IMHO. Now I hope you are right and I'm wrong and I will try to jinx him by drafting him in fantasy next year, but with Shanahan calling plays and the fact that New England regrets trading him, I believe the 49ers have a good one, with all due respect to you @DR RAM

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Garappolo is absolutely GUARANTEED to win every single game he ever plays in.

There you go. I just jinxed him.

You’re welcome.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6td against 5int in his 5 starts.
I think he’s good but right now he’s being so overblown I don’t know how he keeps his head on straight

fearsomefour

Legend
Dude's, I'm sorry, but Garopp, throws a lot of bad passes. He may improve, but he doesn't scare me anyhow. The only accurate thing to come from this article, was the QBR stat....Jimmy is the number 1 ranked QB, based on his stats.....STUPID.

I agree about the rating.
I don't look at his stats. The thing really impresses me is his technique....always in balance, moves well and his release is great. Not solid or good but great in my estimation.
That's where my hype comes from.
All that doesn't mean he will be great. But, for a guy who hasnt played much his decision making seems good. Forces some passes and misses some. A lot will depend what SF adds this offseason around him.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I am glad that he went wild at the end of the season.
As an UFA, he is now in a Cousins type situation. SF will have to franchise him or pay a huge contract.

Still see Goff as a far better QB going forward.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like DB said, 6 TD and 5 ints in 5 games and can't complete passes beyond 10 yards? He was a nice boost to their confidence but like with many QB's with few starts there is definitely room to grow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
49ers.jpg
49ers (2).jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jury's still out, IMO.

Small sample size.

I think he'll be good... and I still think Shanahan will turn that franchise around... just don't know how good he'll be and how much Shanahan will improve the team.

I could definitely see the old rivalry returning.

I think AZ is in total rebuild and SEA will struggle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I still believe that the cheating bastards would never have traded him if they believed he was capable of taking over for Brady. They would have kept him no matter what if they really believed in him.

Period.

The whiners got hosed. The truth will reveal itself when he has to perform in games that have actual meaning.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He only played two good defenses, CHI and JAX.

The Titans are good on D but not great. The Texans are the worst in the NFL.

CHI held SF to 15 points.

JAX has a very up and down defense. They will give up 3 points one week and 42 the next week.

Like @Selassie I said if there was some belief that he would take over for Brady he'd still be a Petriot. Though rumors were on ESPN radio that he turned down two different offers. But it's ESPN and I didn't hear it anywhere else so I think it was them doing the gaslight thing they always do.