49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
Wilson has not been playing well this season. He has just as many interceptions and fumbles and twice as many sacks.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That Akers run was huge.Why Mcvay didn’t run him on a 2nd 5 on the last series was hard to understand only because he & the O”Line were establishing control.
That run was beautiful.
We haven't had a run like that since....I dont know when.
My first thought after that was, to keep giving the ball to him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wilson has not been playing well this season. He has just as many interceptions and fumbles and twice as many sacks.
He started off MVP worthy, but has fallen off the past few weeks.
The first half of this season, Wilson was playing out of this world.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
for me it is starting to feel like 55 straight. that maybe because of all the teams the whinners are far and away my most hated team so it seems worse than it really is.
Amen, it’s especially hard lately because they seem to have our number...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fisher was good at beating the Niners. One or two of our 6 wins came that way every year....

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
[QUOTE="jrry32, post: 1387550, member: 572"

I imagine you want to know whom these two QBs are. QB A is Tom Brady. QB B is Jared Goff. That's right. Goff put up essentially identical numbers to Brady over the totality 2017 and 2018 regular seasons. Cut the kid a break. Let's see how he finishes this year. I think he's going to play quite well down the stretch. He has his inconsistencies, but he's not yet in his prime.
[/QUOTE]

yeah he's not in his prime but you most admit that so far he seems to be getting worse the closer he gets to his prime.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
"We've got another game next week," the QB noted.
And some say that our QB is a little empty between the ears? Not true. Look what he knows about next week.

Look. I want Goff to be elite too. I like the guy and I think he can be better than average for a long time in this league. But man is he taking a long time to develop into someone we can count on.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Do you really think Goff is better than Brady and Peyton?? Please tell me you're not serious, how can people post shit like this without getting called out? You can write 4 whole pages of stats that show he's played better, but anyone with two eyes and a brain will say Goff isn't even close. Shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those two. You're talking about two of the best QBs to ever walk the earth, and Goff is literally playing like one of the worst QBs in the league right now.

These are the type of posts around here that truly blow my mind. Peyton manning and Tom brady comparisons :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. The guy got outplayed today by Nick fucking Mullins.
Lmao you didn't even read the post did you? If you did you completely missed the point.

Psycho_X

Legend
Have had time to cool off now. There is nothing that pisses me off more than losing to the Whiners. To be frank, Goff lost us the game. You can't fumble on a run when likely points are on the line and the run isn't needed. Do the awkward giraffe slide and live for another play. He has to learn to throw the ball away when nothing is there. So again, live for another play. Those are my main complaints. Everything else about the game was good enough to win albeit frustrating at times.

Having said that, I have to acknowledge that the Whiners defense is a perfect combination of size and speed to completely negate our biggest strength which is stretching the field from sideline to sideline. It's like how Jeff Fisher built a team to beat the Seahawks. We couldn't beat anyone else reliably but we usually beat up on the Seahawks. It's just the unfortunate reality we have to accept for a few more years probably. Thankfully we play well to great against almost all other teams. Hopefully our playoff path doesn't have the Whiners or a Belichek disciple anywhere on it.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Bending the facts? Here's a fact the rams had a 20-17 lead and what is the defense job? To stop them from scoring right? Did they do that when they had the lead? No they didn't. I'm not bending facts here bud you are. You crucify goff and the offense while giving the defense a pass when it was them who surrendered the lead. If you're not gonna makes excuses then dont makes excuses. Dont pick and choose who you're gonna make excuses for.
Quit being a hypocrite.

How many points did our offense get us this game?

13 points

Enough said.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Goff is JAG. If we can swindle the Chargers to trade Goff for Justin Herbert, that would be sweet.

As for McVay, he is too predictable and can be figured out. No way is McVay going to have the Rams in the playoffs with the shit show that is on display today.

The Niners can definitely say SOSAR because the Rams are the Niners bitches.

All very sad, but very true.
I hate it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This offense is a QB's dream. Goff is simply not developing the way he should plain and simple. I'm not even upset at this point, either, as the indicators have been there for the past year. I think he is a top talent but unfortunately a timid personality and he when he gets pressured he regresses in his fundamentals. McVay can only push him so much. Short of wiring up his mind and controlling it there's not much more the guy can do as the coach.

Moving forward we need competition at QB. But it won't be easy to do that as well as get through the minefield that is this upcoming offseason.

Lastly this season is not over yet. We're 7-4. If the defense can get back on track and I think it will... We're still in the mix. So I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
This offense is a QB's dream. Goff is simply not developing the way he should plain and simple. I'm not even upset at this point, either, as the indicators have been there for the past year. I think he is a top talent but unfortunately a timid personality and he when he gets pressured he regresses in his fundamentals. McVay can only push him so much. Short of wiring up his mind and controlling it there's not much more the guy can do as the coach.

Moving forward we need competition at QB. But it won't be easy to do that as well as get through the minefield that is this upcoming offseason.

Lastly this season is not over yet. We're 7-4. If the defense can get back on track and I think it will... We're still in the mix. So I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

I think that's overstating it. Kupp and Higbee are obviously playing through injury. The run game has been ineffective against the strongest run defenses. The line is league average.

I don't think "regression" was the issue last night. Jimmy Ward is a turnover generating machine. He has a knack for punching out the ball. Did the same thing to Brown in the same game. Great defensive play. You can fault Goff for not getting down sooner but thats a bit of Monday morning QBing. One throw was errant without any pressure. I doubt Goff is that inaccurate. Looked more like someone didn't know the route. The other INT was Goff being hit as he threw.

For all the deserved criticism, I think the 49ers just had a top tier defensive performance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah he's not in his prime but you most admit that so far he seems to be getting worse the closer he gets to his prime.

Could say the same about Peyton Manning. His prime started in 2003. Look at his prior two years.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Some of you act like Great QB's never struggle vs top defenses.

Remember when Kurt Warner got his ass handed to him by Philly and we had to win the playoff game running with Faulk though it was a hit to Martz Pride?

Remember when we dam near lost to Tampa in the NFC Championship before a miracle Proehl catch? We had 5 points total before that catch.

Remember when Manning got his ass handed to him by Sherman in the Super Bowl?

Remember last week when you watched Tom Brady?

Remember every game Lamar Jackson played this year?

Sometimes it seems the Goff haters are 13 year olds that don't have any context of how top defense commonly shut down QB's.

Yea I'm pissed Goff didn't protect the ball today. But put the shit in context.

I can agree with this point of view but some people take it personally. We all want success. We all want Goff to be the next Brady however there is cause for some concern these bad games or "funks" are becoming more consistent. That frightens me as a fan.

One other thing some people putting it on our defense that's also there opinion but am I wrong to say the whiners were still missing key parts of there defense and some of what they did have were going down during the game. Imagine they were really full strength lol.

Im hoping it is just a phase for Goff but I've been watching football to long to not think this isnt't going to be an ongoing issue.

Again hope for the best prepare for the worst Texas. Fingers crossed man.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson is certainly not my wonderboy. Hate him as a person. I wish injury on him every game he plays.
But as an NFL quarterback, Wilson is reliable 19 times out of 20.

Can't say the same for a certain fumbling bumbling $35 million dollar Los Angeles QB.

is he? how many ints and fumbles does wussell have this season? you know he gets paid more than goff don't you?

you're so hung up on the money. relax man, it's not your money. stop fretting about it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I made the mistake of responding to Deebo Samuels' tweet where he posted the gif of AD slamming his helmet down and added the crying tears emoji.

Holy Shit.

Fucking emo 9er fans jumped up as if Deebo were a damsel in distress.

Worse, they were really buying into this thing that AD saying "who" about Deebo Samuel was "starting beef".

I'm like... y'all need some perspective on life.

We livin in 2020 and the biggest thing to you is AD not knowing your 2nd year receiver?

Fucking wow.

EDIT BY MODERATOR: THREAD LOCKED - 24hr Rule.

Time to move on to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.