PREGAME 49'ers at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We will win.

Excited Exclamation GIF by CVS

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think Ernest Jones is the key to this game defensively. He’s playing with a lot of swagger this year and leading the defensive. If he wants to take the next step and solidify himself as that guy, he needs to fill every gap and attack CMC.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Regarding our run game. I believe we should come out with what we do best. Pass only for the first drive. What always gets us in trouble is running against them out of the gate and getting in 2nd and 3rd and long. It just plays into their hands. If they can't stop it then keep doing it. but make them adjust. Then we can run.
My memory is suspect, but wasn't Stafford's first play, his first game with us, a play action roll out to his left and long completion to Van Jefferson?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My memory is suspect, but wasn't Stafford's first play, his first game with us, a play action roll out to his left and long completion to Van Jefferson?
Second pass of a 3 play td drive. First was to Higbeast then a 67 yard TD to Van.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but the 9ers would seem to have a big advantage if you look at the rosters.

I wonder what the Rams are going to do with that 9ers defense. I like the idea of multiple TE sets... but then you're condensing the field and that just emphasizes their strength and speed through the middle of that defense. I feel like the corners are the weakest spot... so sticking with 11 personnel seems to be the better way to attack that.

On defense? I'm really nervous... Shanahan will find a weakness and just spam the hell out of it. If our D on outside runs is as bad as we fear? They will run all day long.. over and over.

Fingers crossed that we see a really competitive game out of the defense.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but the 9ers would seem to have a big advantage if you look at the rosters.

I wonder what the Rams are going to do with that 9ers defense. I like the idea of multiple TE sets... but then you're condensing the field and that just emphasizes their strength and speed through the middle of that defense. I feel like the corners are the weakest spot... so sticking with 11 personnel seems to be the better way to attack that.

On defense? I'm really nervous... Shanahan will find a weakness and just spam the hell out of it. If our D on outside runs is as bad as we fear? They will run all day long.. over and over.

I agree with your Defense thoughts, but the 2 TEs can actually spread the D out. Make them cover the whole field. You can still send players deep cause with extra blockers you have more time and Atwell can definitely take the top off. So can Jefferson. I bet Stafford and Williams finally connect on those wheel routes. Also you have more outlets for them to think about. I think the 2 TEs gives us more options run and pass. Also, short passes can give the Oline more opportunity to clean up the pile and make them pay for some of the thru the whistle shit they pull.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Mike Hoecht sealing the edge scares the hell out of me ...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm actually pretty calm and relaxed for this game. There is no pressure. 49ers are supposed to win. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We're not staring at an 0-2 hole to start the season. We have some young, ascending players who should improve as the season goes on. Its not make or break. A loss is not devastating. A win changes the whole narrative on the NFC west.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Well, one win sure did change the tone of this board. Go Rams.
Yeah, I think we are heading for more big mood swings after the Niners game-- regardless of the outcome.

If we win, there will be Super Bowl talk. If we lose, some will return to the "tank for Caleb" crap. Hyperbole and loud takes rule the internet, after all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The fortyshitters cannot possibly lose this game. They are contenders and the Rams are rebuilding. :bird:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think the best way to get Stafford time to throw is by running right at Bosa early and often. Make him have to get up off the ground every snap. He cant be in football shape, work him over with double teams and punish him every snap he is on the field.