PREGAME 49'ers at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Serious question, as I’m not a local: why don’t local fans attend our games?
A lot of the sofi season ticket holders are not Rams fans and bought the seats as an investment. They sell their tickets to anyone that will pay for them, regardless of the team they support. And with LA being a location that draws many tourists it makes it more appealing to fans of other teams to catch a game at sofi while hitting up other local tourist attractions.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
To all the MOT members of ROD... Shana Tova U'Metukah (a win Sunday would be particularly metukah!)

See y'all on Game Day!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams cannot play from behind on the scoreboard.
I agree with this but what is ironic is the last win we had vs them was doing just that. In fact Rat Boy's greatest weakness seems to be he sticks his head up his ass when he has leads. It is quite strange.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with this but what is ironic is the last win we had vs them was doing just that. In fact Rat Boy's greatest weakness seems to be he sticks his head up his ass when he has leads. It is quite strange.
Exactly with the Rat, let him get a lead :)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stopping the SF run game is priority #1. McCaffrey is a great player, so that means he will get his at some point. Maybe it's a long run here or there, or a TD pass or whatever. But if the Rams can stifle their run game over most snaps it will completely change the complexion of defending their offense. They have to play physical and get to the ball carriers and make consistent tackles in order to make that QB win the game on third and longs.

I think if we can get them into third and long this secondary has a shot to have a great day.

Offensively just get Stafford some time. The path to us winning is probably a low scoring scrum type game, the kind of game they pull us into when their roster is subpar. So if 9 gets time he's gonna make enough plays.

I doubt we can run the ball vs that front but if that somehow happens that's the best way to put those bastids on their ass. But a low scoring game with our clutch QB stringing together key drives is what I'm hoping for.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Regarding our run game. I believe we should come out with what we do best. Pass only for the first drive. What always gets us in trouble is running against them out of the gate and getting in 2nd and 3rd and long. It just plays into their hands. If they can't stop it then keep doing it. but make them adjust. Then we can run.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regarding our run game. I believe we should come out with what we do best. Pass only for the first drive. What always gets us in trouble is running against them out of the gate and getting in 2nd and 3rd and long. It just plays into their hands. If they can't stop it then keep doing it. but make them adjust. Then we can run.
Interesting,

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
SoFi should start a thing where if you're wearing a Rams jersey or shirt you get one of those little lapel microphone amplifier things, or a little mic that wirelessly plugs in to the P.A. :laugh1: "Thanks for supporting our Rams, here's your mic!"

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

What gets me is how many posts I’ve read in which Higbee’s blocking has been questioned. I have always felt he was an excellent blocker and that was the single biggest reason he has never been dethroned as the starter.

When it comes to the McVay offense, it’s quite simple:
You don’t block, you don’t play.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Cause whiner fans pay much of the bill on season tickets.
When the Rams and Raiders left LA in the same year the region was without a team.

A generation goes by and that region leans into heavily televising Whiner and Raider games with the Whiners overwhelmingly winning the bandwagon fandom for the California market. They did win the the Super Bowl that year.

The Whiner fans don't travel well. They already live there. And they are fair weather fans. Bandwagoners. But there will always be an established generation of Whiner faithfuls. They don't fly in, they drive from home on the same day.

I don't know how that switches around but hopefully it will. Maybe soon considering the Whiners spending the future for today. Far greater than we did now.

This narrative has to die because it is false. It is not the Whiner fans travel well or spend more money. There are just more of them in Socal right now. Many LA Rams fans quit the team as many St Screwus fans has quit the team as well. I don't give a shit.

My Rams are back in LA. Loyal in St Louis. Living a childhood dream back in LA.

GO RAMS!!!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
The defense needs to shut down one player, Purdy.

Shanahans offense reminds me so much of Martzs. Plug in any QB they can make it happen.

Purdy is not some genius phenom. Plug him into the Jets today he fails miserably.

Our Offense can do it. Our Defense needs to pull the plug on Purdy.

GO RAMS!!!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What gets me is how many posts I’ve read in which Higbee’s blocking has been questioned. I have always felt he was an excellent blocker and that was the single biggest reason he has never been dethroned as the starter.

When it comes to the McVay offense, it’s quite simple:
You don’t block, you don’t play.
Gurly way back said Higbee is the man. Opens the holes for me. Never bought in to what people have said after that. The expert said Higbee was his guy.