PREGAME 49'ers at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
On any Sunday......

GO RAMS!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game against the 49ers is our true measuring stick. They’ve beat us 8 games in a row and truely been our bullies.

Even our SB year they beat us twice. Need to come out and punch them in the mouth attitude first and foremost. Hit Purdy boy early and often to get him off rhythm.

Need to stop the run and create and capitalize on running opportunities with them on offense. Not rocket science with them.
And nothing is more satisfying after a Niner loss than Randy Newman's "I Love LA" washing over Niner fans as they leave SoFi.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I think we are heading for more big mood swings after the Niners game-- regardless of the outcome.

If we win, there will be Super Bowl talk. If we lose, some will return to the "tank for Caleb" crap. Hyperbole and loud takes rule the internet, after all.
SUPER BOWL!!!

TexasRam

Legend
Did I miss the score prediction thread. What are we, some 3rd world country website up in here :zany1:

Need my ROD Bucks bro. Got my algorithm down, predict a loss while all you Homers drink the Kool-Aid.

Call me negative, but this aint no NFC Championship game so I am following the bread crumbs.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think the Ram's cross up the Niners and force them to play 12 personnel. I think they put Donald on the edge opposite Young. Kobie Turner can play 3T and Brown at NT.

I think we see Shelley VanValkenburg at SAM. If Donald is on the weakside they will run away from him so they will be predictable zone running primarily to the right. Play VanValkenburg at SAM behind Young to give them strongside contain. Don't let McCaffery beat them and force Purdy to win the game for them. Purdy is good but he's still young and will make mistakes. Force the Niners out of their comfort zone.

On offense the key to winning is simple. Protect Stafford. Run enough to keep them honest but it's gonna be the passing game that will be the prime mover on offense. This is the type of game where moving the chains and the offense staying on the field will be the difference.

We will see how good or not this OL really is.

TexasRam

Legend
I think the Ram's cross up the Niners and force them to play 12 personnel. I think they put Donald on the edge opposite Young. Kobie Turner can play 3T and Brown at NT.

I think we see Shelley VanValkenburg at SAM. If Donald is on the weakside they will run away from him so they will be predictable zone running primarily to the right. Play VanValkenburg at SAM behind Young to give them strongside contain. Don't let McCaffery beat them and force Purdy to win the game for them. Purdy is good but he's still young and will make mistakes. Force the Niners out of their comfort zone.

On offense the key to winning is simple. Protect Stafford. Run enough to keep them honest but it's gonna be the passing game that will be the prime mover on offense. This is the type of game where moving the chains and the offense staying on the field will be the difference.

We will see how good or not this OL really is.
Yup. Truth time for Oline. Oh how quickly that perfect Seattle showing will be tossed out the window if we get folded up front.

I agree we need to throw the ball to win. 1. Our guys our better as pass blockers then run blockers. 2. The Niners can shut the run down when they need to. 3. We have had offensive success against them with our passing game before and they don't exactly have shut down corners. 4. Williams is one of the better pass pro RBs we have had in a while.

Can we stop their run game. Hell if I know. Sometimes they run at will on us. If we lose contain again I might lose my shit.

We are expected to lose so no pressure, as others have stated. 1-1 aint bad. Let's just be competitive and I will be happy. Plenty of time to grow and make a run if we can keep getting better.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I think we are heading for more big mood swings after the Niners game-- regardless of the outcome.

If we win, there will be Super Bowl talk. If we lose, some will return to the "tank for Caleb" crap. Hyperbole and loud takes rule the internet, after all.
Its possible the 49ers expose us for who we really are. Then again, its possible a very good team beats us and we're still good enough to win more games as the season goes on.

RamWoodie

Legend
It's game two. Forget the Seahags...that's history. This 9er teams is packed with vets guys that have been together a long time. That gives me pause with a young secondary and LB corps.. They'll get tested today and they must hold up.

On offense I think McVay has to start out getting the ball out quick in the passing attack and get the RB's the ball out of the backfield. If the Oline can block the run block better it makes the play action game work.

Big test today... GO RAMS!!!