PREGAME 49’ers at Rams - Keys to beating the niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FUNNY- IMO yesterday was in SF BAY around a few 9er fans.

Yelling out NINER’s suck NINER’s suck. I can get loud & I got a hands up Shrug.

The thing that would really suck is ??? Well Let’s GO RAMS!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So were the Niners just that much worse in '17-'18?

They were 0-7 going into the Rams whiners game at Levi's stadium in 2018. the super bowl season. The Rams destroyed them 39-10. I was in attendance.

Our offense was dynamic that season.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
They were 0-7 going into the Rams whiners game at Levi's stadium in 2018. the super bowl season. The Rams destroyed them 39-10. I was in attendance.

Our offense was dynamic that season.
Yeah, they were awful at QB those two seasons but I don't remember about the skill positions and the DEF. Their record with Jimmy against the Rams is absurd...

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

No respect in the picks.

Niners can go fuck themselves.

Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

RamWoodie

Legend
The key to beating the Niners is what it's always been:

1. NO TURNOVERS.

2. TACKLE WELL.

3. STUFF THE RUN.

What SF does is get the ball out on quick short passes...and then force the defense to tackle. They'll take a few intermediate strikes downfield...but they mainly want the ball out quick and let the WR/RB get the yardage.

On offense...may as well say with a banged up OLine McVay needs to get the ball out quick and get Stafford on the move more because SF KNOWS they can't give Stafford time.

It's like the NFC Championship last year...the Ram defense came to play!!!

Frankly SF has the mental edge because they've beat our Rams so many times lately...BUT...I have a feel about this game because the Rams are more healthy.

This could be like a 20-17 game.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Protect Stafford. With 2 starters out an a UDFA starting at LT the key to winning the game is protect Stafford.

Focus on where Bosa is - a double or chip on him on EVERY pass play. Run away from him, jet sweeps from him, let him up field and throw a screen. No 1 on 1 against him with Havenstein or Jackson period. Ekubon is limited this week. Hopefully no Armstead and there is no Kinlaw so the focus is Bosa and Bosa period.

You want to see the Offense flourish always keep a TE or Back or a TE and Back in for extra help in blocking. That goes for pass pro or running the ball.

It is absolutely obvious why Stafford's stats are horrible it is the time he has to throw and the OL not opening running lanes. Sure some of the runs can be blamed on the backs but the OL is usually to blame and there is a very telling stat which was evident in the Gurley era. It was yards before first contact. At the height of Gurleys dominance it was 3.3 feet before first contact and when the OL was playing really poorly it was 1/2 a foot. I am sure the backs this season are being contacted in the 1/2 foot range.

The play calling needs to be smart to avoid long developing plays without help. Please watch the KC game replay if you get a chance Reid almost on every play had a plan against Bosa. We need to as well. BTW short quick passes for the most part.

Ekubon/Armstead ,(or not playing) maybe limited and Deebo may or may not play Juszczk/Kinlaw are out. We have a good shot to get them this week. Their secondary doesn't have Mosley, Greenlaw may or may not play this is as good as it will get.

Protect Stafford over anything and reap the rewards.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
9ers are middle of the pack in passer rating against. They can be had on defense if the QB gets protection. Rams definitely have the pieces to hurt them.

So I feel like if we run the ball with enough determination to make them play both phases Stafford will be able to hurt them when we do take our shots.

Also hopefully this week off included McVay introducing some new route concepts for these fucks. Because in general they sit on our combinations and anticipate what he wants to do.

Lastly the way our screen game looked behind this 5 OL was impressive. That might be a real weapon in this game for us.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Atlanta ran the ball successfully against the 49'ers right into the middle of their dline. They got a big push right up the middle. I like to see some of that. Also like to see our dbs not back off 8-9 yds off LOS, play a little tighter.

Psycho_X

Legend
Welp, no excuses now. We are as healthy as we have been since week 1 and the Whiners are missing four players that always cause us issues.