4 TVC-Approved Trade Options (Do you like any of them?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Given our track record, nobody would be surprised if the Rams were to trade out of the No. 19 slot in the first round of the draft.

So what trade options might there be that work under the Trade Value Chart (which assigns a numerical value to each selection, providing a guideline to what trades might be deemed to be fair exchanges)?

Here are four that are TVC-Approved (meaning that the total points are within 25 points of even):

The KC Special
Rams trade picks 19 (875) and 100 (100), 975 TVC points, for
Chiefs' picks 32 (590), 64 (270) and 95 (120), 980 TVC points.
The nice thing about this option is that the Rams would still have a first round pick (meaning that player would still be under a 5th year option), while gaining an extra selection in Round 2 (and moving up a few spots at the end of Round 3). If the Rams have several comparably rated options on their board at No. 19, a trade like this could be a good move.

DC Tweener Option
Rams trade picks 19 (875) and 83 (175), 1,050 TVC points, for
Commodes' picks 36 (540) and 40 (500), 1,040 TVC points
If you like Tweeners (players who you like, but not at No. 19, who are probably gone by No. 52), this could be a trade for you. The Rams would have three picks between Nos. 36-52, and could load up on some high quality Day 2 talent.

NYG Tweener Option
Giants' picks 39 (570) and 47 (430), 1,000 TVC points
Similar to the Washington trade, this gives the Rams a bunch of 2nd round picks, allowing them to potentially obtain starters at three positions. Both Tweener options, of course, presume there isn't a "gotta have him" option at No. 19.

The Trade Up Option
Rams trade picks 19 (875) and 52 (380), 1,255 TVC points, for
Vikings' pick 11 (1,250), 1,250 TVC points
I don't know that there's much of an appetite for trading up around these parts but, at least, the math works on this one. If the Vikings are boxed out by an early run on QBs, could they be looking to trade back? Is there a player the Rams would deem worth a 2 for 1 deal to get?

Any of these look good to you, or do you prefer the Rams just let the draft come to them and stick with the slots they have?

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Given our track record, nobody would be surprised if the Rams were to trade out of the No. 19 slot in the first round of the draft.

So what trade options might there be that work under the Trade Value Chart (which assigns a numerical value to each selection, providing a guideline to what trades might be deemed to be fair exchanges)?

Here are four that are TVC-Approved (meaning that the total points are within 25 points of even):

The KC Special
The nice thing about this option is that the Rams would still have a first round pick (meaning that player would still be under a 5th year option), while gaining an extra selection in Round 2 (and moving up a few spots at the end of Round 3). If the Rams have several comparably rated options on their board at No. 19, a trade like this could be a good move.

DC Tweener Option
If you like Tweeners (players who you like, but not at No. 19, who are probably gone by No. 52), this could be a trade for you. The Rams would have three picks between Nos. 36-52, and could load up on some high quality Day 2 talent.

NYG Tweener Option
Similar to the Washington trade, this gives the Rams a bunch of 2nd round picks, allowing them to potentially obtain starters at three positions. Both Tweener options, of course, presume there isn't a "gotta have him" option at No. 19.

The Trade Up Option
I don't know that there's much of an appetite for trading up around these parts but, at least, the math works on this one. If the Vikings are boxed out by an early run on QBs, could they be looking to trade back? Is there a player the Rams would deem worth a 2 for 1 deal to get?

Any of these look good to you, or do you prefer the Rams just let the draft come to them and stick with the slots they have?
I could see any of these trades if we miss out on a impact Edge in FA and the big 3 are gone at 19.

KC Special - Really like this at first glance, especially if Rakestraw was there at 32.

DC Tweener - Another interesting option as I still think we can get a starting quality CB at 36 (Lassiter, McKinstry) and another high 2nd.

NYG Tweener - Very similar to DC trade and likely similar guys available. Like moving from 100 to 47 alot

Trade up - Never a big fan of this especially with the holes we have currently. I suppose if we love one of the edges and he falls to 11, it could be interesting.

Interesting post, thank you!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Only reason I'd trade down that far is if both Quinyon Mitchell and Rakestraw are both gone. It's a possibility, of course, but I'd prefer a small trade down myself.

I'd be fine with the trade-up...if it was for Brock Bowers.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
KC is one I’ve thought of as well - if our premium guys are gone by 19.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just let me know who we get....

oldnotdead

Legend
The only reason I see trading down would be if their first round cluster of players are off the board. I find that unlikely. I think they will use their first round pick if the opportunity arises to do so. The question is a matter of who they take.

They have too many priority picks that could be addressed at 19. QB, CB, Edge and LT come to mind. No I think the question is will they trade up? The only position worth trading up for is a QB as the other positions are deep enough to find the talent they need. The reason I see QB as their first option in round one is the fifth year option that comes with the pick. This allows the Rams to redshirt the QB in his rookie year and still control his contract for 4 years.

People seem to think that Stafford will play for years to come. His injury history says otherwise. Last year Matt said he had a retirement plan and was sticking to it. That means it isn't an open ended career path for him. As I've said numerous times, he's a family man and as such I'm sure he made promises to his wife and family to retire at a certain point which is probably more likely to be sooner rather than later than what most people think. His contract again is the key. The Rams built in an out for both the franchise and Stafford and that comes at the end of 2024.

This particular draft has multiple QBs who would be a fit for the current iteration of McVay's offense. There is a reason he changed it. It allowed them to begin to build the offensive side of the roster to fit it. Drafting Nacua, extending Robinson are indicative of the change in offensive philosophy.

I think signing Robinson, now allows them to use Atwell as trade bait. Multiple firsts and Atwell would be attractive to some teams. Case in point a team like the Chargers have multiple needs, one being at WR. A trade gives them a proven WR and still have a first round pick with a drop to 19 not excluding them from filling another important need to them. If they trade up it most likely would be for a QB. That said if a targeted first round QB doesn't drop to them at 19, I wouldn't discount a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

If they stand pat unless McCarthy drops to 19 they probably take an edge or CB which are positions of need.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
None of them for me. Keep the 1st rounder trade down in the 2nd.

dang

Legend

The KC Special

DC Tweener Option

NYG Tweener Option

The Trade Up Option

Avenger - thx for doing this. I love this shit even if it’s fantasy.

I like the NYG trade. I have 39 valued at 510 (Let me know if my chart is wrong):
NYG 39 (510). 47 (430). 140 (36). Total 976.
Rams 19 (875). 100 (100). Total 975.

I also liked a NE trade:
NE 34 (560). 68 (250). 101 (86). Total of 896.
Rams 19 (875). 177 (20). Total 895.
That would give Rams 6 in top 101.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a couple I like with trading down our 2nd round pick

Rams trade 2-52 and 6-212 386.6
Tampa trades 2-57 4-126 and 6-203 386.6

We stay in the 2nd pick up a 4th so we don't have that huge gap from our comp pick in the 3rd to the 5th.

Rams trade 2-52 5-153 5-154 6-212 and 6-217 451.2
Baltimore trades 2-62 3-93 and 4-134 451

We lose a couple picks but with the move down of 10 spots we gain another 3rd and 4th at the costs of the 2 5ths and 2 of our 6th comps

These are all pipe dreams and fun to work with.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
KC. Would likely net us Frazier and KAD. There are some intriguing options in the third like Booker if he lasts.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
KC. Would likely net us Frazier and KAD. There are some intriguing options in the third like Booker if he lasts.
I'm guessing KAD is McKinstry? Odd, I'd think it'd be KAM. McKinstry and Frazier wouldn't be awful

Memphis Ram

Legend
Simply impossible for me to answer without knowing the players available at #19 or the target in a trade up.

Not sure Snead is going to miss his Bobby Wagner again with these trade down options though. And it's not like they really need the extra selections that much.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm guessing KAD is McKinstry? Odd, I'd think it'd be KAM. McKinstry and Frazier wouldn't be awful

KAD = Kris Abrams-Draine (Missouri CB).

Kool-Aid ain't on my radar.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'd like to see the Rams trade a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick to San Diego for Khalil Mack.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like GB #25-720 and #56- 320=1040
for #19-875 and #83 -175=1050

BAL #30-620 and #62-284=904
for #19-875 and #154-30=905

Of course it all depends on how draft goes and who's available at each slot.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
The reason I see QB as their first option in round one is…
We are NOT taking a QB at 19.

The elite guys (Williams, Maye and Daniels) will be long gone by then.

The tier two guys (McCarthy and Nix) will also probably be gone, as some QB-needy teams will likely reach for them. Even if one (or both) falls to us, there are almost certainly players higher on our big board that are going to be available at positions of need.

There is no other QB even vaguely worth the nineteenth overall selection.

We may trade up for a QB, but given the holes in our roster I very much doubt that McSnead will want to give up picks.

Oh well; at least there’s only another eight weeks of this rubbish to go.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see the Rams trade a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick to San Diego for Khalil Mack.
The Office No GIF

oldnotdead

Legend
We are NOT taking a QB at 19.

Okay I respect your opinion. Let me ask you a question. People assume Stafford will play beyond 2024. The problem is that we don't know what Stafford's plan is. If they don't take a starting quality QB this year, what happens if Matt retires at the end of the season? The Rams will be without a QB. So overpay for a retread?

It's why I think if they take a QB they will trade up to get one. Look at the Chargers sitting at #5. They need WR help among other positions. Package Atwell's speed with Herbert's arm that would resolve one of their needs and the new GM and coach can still fill another need at 19. Of course any trade like that will include two perhaps 3 first round picks. The fits for McVay's offense are Nix and McCarthy and one or both will be on the board at 5.

Personally I can see another option. Trade #19 to the Eagles for both their second round picks (50 & 53) and Tanner McKee. The Rams get a QB for #2 with the potential to be a starter in McVay's new offense. Make no mistake McKee is good. The Rams would then have 3 second round picks and 3 third round picks. Edge, CB, LT, WR, LB, RT all in the second day. At the very least McKee would be a decent QB2 who could potentially be a starter or at least a bridge should they draft one next or trade for Goff!!

Regardless I don't see them coming out of this draft without a QB.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Regardless I don't see them coming out of this draft without a QB.
We all know that Stafford can’t go on forever and I fully understand your point that we need to think about a replacement.

But there are only three QBs worthy of consideration in this year’s draft and none of them is falling to us. If we take a QB in April, it is more likely to be a developmental backup to replace the MIA Bennett than a long-term starter.

The cost of trading up to the top three would be exorbitant and it simply wouldn’t be in the franchise’s best interests to sacrifice everything they are building to overpay for one player.

Teams have won it all with an outstanding roster and a “good but not great” quarterback in the past; some have won with very average QBs- Dilfer, Hostetler, Foles, etc.

I’d rather have a great team than a great quarterback but no team around him.