4 - Steve Walsh days until the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zuerlein isn't on my "list" yet but he keeps doing his best to get on my bad side. He needs to start coming through with some pivotal long kicks. 17th in the league from 40-49 yards and only 1 50+ yard FG isn't worthy of "Legatron", Greg the Leg or even GZ.

Zuerlein isn't on my "list" yet but he keeps doing his best to get on my bad side. He needs to start coming through with some pivotal long kicks. 17th in the league from 40-49 yards and only 1 50+ yard FG isn't worthy of "Legatron", Greg the Leg or even GZ.

Why only use last year's statistics? :confused:

Since he was drafted Greg is the 6th most accurate from 40-49 yards, with 15 of 16, 2 of the 5 more accurate made 16 of 17.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Why only use last year's statistics? :confused:

Since he was drafted Greg is the 6th most accurate from 40-49 yards, with 15 of 16, 2 of the 5 more accurate made 16 of 17.
Because after a really great start, he's REALLY cooled off. Fisher went from specifically setting up long FG's for scoring opportunities to almost completely not even attempting them so the numbers are even more skewed than they appear. He went from being a potential weapon from long range to a guy that needed to be protected from himself. IMO of course.

Because after a really great start, he's REALLY cooled off. Fisher went from specifically setting up long FG's for scoring opportunities to almost completely not even attempting them so the numbers are even more skewed than they appear. He went from being a potential weapon from long range to a guy that needed to be protected from himself. IMO of course.

Punts from the oppositions half last season:
49ers 44 yard line, passed up a 61 yard FG attempt.
Titans 43 yard line, passed up a 60 yard FG attempt.
Saints 45 yard line, passed up a 62 yard FG attempts.

We also went for it on 4th down in opposition territory with the game close and not late in the 4th Q once, going with a fake punt rather than a 55 yard FG.

Maybe those 3 we would have attempted in Greg's first few games, can we say 100% that the reason we didn't was to protect him from himself? Or that we would if we had more trust in our kicker?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Punts from the oppositions half last season:
49ers 44 yard line, passed up a 61 yard FG attempt.
Titans 43 yard line, passed up a 60 yard FG attempt.
Saints 45 yard line, passed up a 62 yard FG attempts.

We also went for it on 4th down in opposition territory with the game close and not late in the 4th Q once, going with a fake punt rather than a 55 yard FG.

Maybe those 3 we would have attempted in Greg's first few games, can we say 100% that the reason we didn't was to protect him from himself? Or that we would if we had more trust in our kicker?
I'm not sure of every situation but the bottom line is, he attempted 1 50+ yarder last year compared to the many he attempted the first half of the season as a rookie. The second half of that season he started to miss a lot of them and has since not attempted very many. He didn't even attempt very many 40+ yarders last year. So, can I say for certain? No, of course not. But I think it's pretty reasonable to assume so.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
greg_20120927061415_320_240.GIF

How was it Steve Walsh over young GZ?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Sadly, I had one of these hats. I may still have it in my shop. Those things defined ugly.
I agree. It was never the colors either, they just had some awful designs for Rams gear.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree. It was never the colors either, they just had some awful designs for Rams gear.
Yep. I had another one that was this awful kind of tiger striped thing that may have even been worse. I KNOW I still have THAT one. Yeash!