4 NFCCG Rams Legends (Who will be the 5th?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Four times, the Ram have won the NFC Championship Game. In each instance, there was one player who, in my mind, stood out as achieving legendary status for the Rams. Not necessarily the best player on the team, or the one who accumulated the most stats in the game. Just the guy I remember the most.

1979: Jack Youngblood
Just the fact that he played in this game at all gets him the nod. As many recall, he fractured his fibula in the previous week against the Cowboys, and played anyway. No DNP on Wednesday, "limited" on Thursday, and "Questionable" going into the game. Just suited up and helped the Rams shut out the Buccaneers to make the Super Bowl.

1999: Ricky Proehl
The GSOT had so many weapons, from HOFers Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk and likely future HOF Torry Holt, to the speedy Az Hakim. But, with the game on the line, it was Ricky Proehl, who had not scored a TD all year, who made the great catch to help ensure that the 1999 Cinderella run didn't end with a defeat. A forever moment for Rams fans.

2001: Aeneas Williams
Williams had a great career with the Cardinals before joining the Rams, and quickly became a leader on our defense. After years of personal success, but little team glory, it was great to see Williams seal the game with an INT at the Rams' 35 yard line with under two minutes remaining and the Rams clinging to a five point lead. Still sad that he didn't get a ring, but he'll always have that moment.

2018: Greg Zuerlein
This was a strange one. Of course, Nickel Robey-Coleman nearly became a legend of infamy with a hit that should have been flagged, and John Johnson's overtime interception is noteworthy, but it was Zuerelein's 57 yard walk-off FG that stands out in my mind. FGs may not be the most exciting plays in football, but that one was clutch.

Who will be the next legend?

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Four times, the Ram have won the NFC Championship Game. In each instance, there was one player who, in my mind, stood out as achieving legendary status for the Rams. Not necessarily the best player on the team, or the one who accumulated the most stats in the game. Just the guy I remember the most.

1979: Jack Youngblood
Just the fact that he played in this game at all gets him the nod. As many recall, he fractured his fibula in the previous week against the Cowboys, and played anyway. No DNP on Tuesday, "limited" on Thursday, and "Questionable" going into the game. Just suited up and helped the Rams shut out the Buccaneers to make the Super Bowl.

1999: Ricky Proehl
The GSOT had so many weapons, from HOFers Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk and likely future HOF Torry Holt, to the speedy Az Hakim. But, with the game on the line, it was Ricky Proehl, who had not scored a TD all year, who made the great catch to help ensure that the 1999 Cinderella run didn't end with a defeat. A forever moment for Rams fans.

2001: Aeneas Williams
Williams had a great career with the Cardinals before joining the Rams, and quickly became a leader on our defense. After years of personal success, but little team glory, it was great to see Williams seal the game with an INT at the Rams' 35 yard line with under two minutes remaining and the Rams clinging to a five point lead. Still sad that he didn't get a ring, but he'll always have that moment.

2018: Greg Zuerlein
This was a strange one. Of course, Nickel Robey-Coleman nearly became a legend of infamy with a hit that should have been flagged, and John Johnson's overtime interception is noteworthy, but it was Zuerelein's 57 yard walk-off FG that stands out in my mind. FGs may not be the most exciting plays in football, but that one was clutch.

Who will be the next legend?

Stay tuned.

Zuerlein is especially notable because he made two long field goals that decided the game: once to send the game into overtime and one to win it all. Zuerlein was absolutely clutch. I'm glad that we have Gay now (hopefully we lock him up to a long contract before anyone else, even OBJ, Von, Noteboom/Allen/Corbett, etc.), but The Leg was absolutely clutch in 2018.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zuerlein is especially notable because he made two long field goals that decided the game: once to send the game into overtime and one to win it all. Zuerlein was absolutely clutch. I'm glad that we have Gay now (hopefully we lock him up to a long contract before anyone else, even OBJ, Von, Noteboom/Allen/Corbett, etc.), but The Leg was absolutely clutch in 2018.
True enough. The tying FG was 48 yards, which is not a gimme.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald or Von Miller. Preferably shared because they met at the quarterback so often that Garrapolo was turned into paste.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
200-39.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm gonna go someone random.

Donte Deayon gets a game sealing pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was going to suggest Akers.

He’s going to play angry… and a key piece in screens and short passes to loosen up the 49’ers.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Someone off the grid maybe ...

A'Shawn Robinson shutting down the bad guys' rush game.

Mitchell & Deebo ran for 130 yards against us in the last game, time to curb that crap and make them one dimensional.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna go with an obvious choice. Aaron Donald with a couple of sacks including a strip sack to seal it.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Going with Miller and Floyd, stopping Deebozo

cm punk lol GIF by WGN Morning News

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m going to go with OBJ. I expect the 49ers will key on stopping Kupp and that will give OBJ the chance to beat single coverage and make big plays.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that we start fast like in the last game but this time we don't play scared and try to sit on a lead.

So my pick is Stafford, he will throw for nearly five hundred yards and five scores!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jalen Ramsey

Dude is going to take over and give fans something to talk about.
He's too good to not make his presence felt in the biggest games. I think he's been pressing and thinking too much... but he's gotten a few post-season games under his belt now and is due.
When you have a bully like the 49ers, you need your own bad guy, your own bully who's able to flip the script and get inside their heads,
Ramsey can do that.

On Offense- Tyler Higbee might find himself to be the beneficiary of OBJs renaissance, Cam Akers' Mutha-Trukkin' Comeback Tour and the NFL's TRUE MVP, Cooper "3 Crowns" Kupp.
The 49ers have to pick their poison.
They CAN'T let Kupp beat them like he did the Bucs and they can't let Cam and Sony get going either..
so they will sell out to shut down the run and try to force Stafford into holding the ball longer by bracketing the outsides. Higbee could have a big day.