4.75 Sacks a Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's what our average needs to be to surpass the the Bears all time record. They averaged 4.5 sacks a game (assuming they played 16 games) and finished with 72 sacks. I have little question we can average 4 sacks a game under GW, 5 sacks a game puts us at 80. Not easy to do in a rushing division with 2 mobile QB's. The trick will be to get on top of teams and let the DL do what it does best. VERY EXCITING!!! We have a better shot than any team in recent memory to accomplish this feat.

A huge shout out to Donald. QB's eluded many sacks over the years by stepping up. They have NO comfort zones now. I'd hate to be a QB trying to throw against our team in crunch time.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
That's what our average needs to be to surpass the the Bears all time record. They averaged 4.5 sacks a game (assuming they played 16 games) and finished with 72 sacks. I have little question we can average 4 sacks a game under GW, 5 sacks a game puts us at 76. Not easy to do in a rushing division with 2 mobile QB's. The trick will be to get on top of teams and let the DL do what it does best. VERY EXCITING!!! We have a better shot than any team in recent memory to accomplish this feat.

Your math is a little off. 5 sacks x 16 games = 80 sacks this season. the Horns need just 73 sacks to top the sack record.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your math is a little off. 5 sacks x 16 games = 80 sacks this season. the Horns need just 73 sacks to top the sack record.

My math isn't off, man. I split the difference between 4.5 and 5.0 to come up with 4.75. This lead me to 76 sacks. Being I'm really after the average and not the real total (73), 4.75 is the best fit. Of course its easiest if we just aversge 5 sacks a game. Being I'll be monitoring the sack totals after every contest, I'm not about to pay attention to the tiny decimals that come with breaking down 73. (4.75 is splitting hairs as it is in terms of sacks.)73 is a prime number and it doesn't break down so conveniently like 76. In talking about sack averages, it's much nicer to use numbers ending in 5 or 0. So yeah, don't freak with my mind, bro.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
4.6525 Bam! Lol

My point exactly lol. Not sure what route u took there, though. 73/16 rounds to 4.5625, but that's not very helpful. All well... I'm done with it. Too pedly.

As long as we average just over 4.5 sacks for 16 games, we take the record. That's all that matters.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Geez! That's a lot of sacks!

It's going to take a very good year to even come close.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I like to see the offense jump up top of games first. Rams offense has to have a lead for these sacks to happen. If Rams can have 14 to 10 pt leads in 4th qtrs hell is going to be unleashed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like to see the offense jump up top of games first. Rams offense has to have a lead for these sacks to happen. If Rams can have 14 to 10 pt leads in 4th qtrs hell is going to be unleashed.

That's exactly what it's going to take!

sostl

Starter
That's what our average needs to be to surpass the the Bears all time record. They averaged 4.5 sacks a game (assuming they played 16 games) and finished with 72 sacks. I have little question we can average 4 sacks a game under GW, 5 sacks a game puts us at 76. Not easy to do in a rushing division with 2 mobile QB's. The trick will be to get on top of teams and let the DL do what it does best. VERY EXCITING!!! We have a better shot than any team in recent memory to accomplish this feat.

A huge shout out to Donald. QB's eluded many sacks over the years by stepping up. They have NO comfort zones now. I'd hate to be a QB trying to throw against our team in crunch time.

i get what you're saying, but like @jap said the math is off. So just edit the highlighted text

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am still worried on Schott ability to call a good game.

I am all over the place with Schotty. I wish he was a little more unpredictable and creative... But...

At the end of the day, even the legendary Martz called some head scratchers. They all do.

With Schotty I am just glad the offensive scheme has finally settled in on this team. The merry go round had to end sometime.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think it's definitely possible. If our offense can give us more leads, I think we have it in the bank. It's something like only a little over one sack a game we have to average more. Blitz happy Williams + improved interior pressure with Donald + more leads meaning opponents pass more = we can get this record.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Only thing makes me nervous how many teams will be fired up to play Rams cause of Williams past

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I am excited about all the points that I will get in my FF league from this D! Special team will be a huge bonus too! If our offense can be in the top 15 this team will be tough to handle.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
4.6525 Bam! Lol
i get what you're saying, but like @jap said the math is off. So just edit the highlighted text

Then you didn't understand what I said.

If you wanna round it to a whole number, it's a 5 sack average.

If you want a close decimal that's close but breaks down perfectly to the nearest hundredth (like I want) it's 4.75. (I know it's 76!!! It's just easier.)

If you want the exact numbers, it's 73/16. I don't like using that number, but you guys are all about it.

I regret this thread... :(

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The only way this is possible is if the refs start calling holding penalties against the offensive linemen we face.

The league loves it's QBs and I think the combo of Williams and our D line will scare them.
Quinn and company will be held on every play. Will they call it?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I would like every QB to look like this in the second half.

kolbjaw.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would like every QB to look like this in the second half.

kolbjaw.gif
How about this: ( Y.A. Tittle - QB /49ers - 1964 )
ya-tittle_1964.jpg
This photo of YA was actually taken after he left the 49ers for the Giants. in those days they wore a hemet made from two pieces, and he got it split, while wearing it!

Last edited: