3-team trade heating up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow. If this is true, if this actually happens, then somebody in Washington is clearly on crack. Even with the franchise tag, why the hell would you trade away a guy who's just entering his prime at the most important position for someone who is at the end of his career and can't even stay healthy behind an excellent O-line with a great running game?

Lunacy.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
This makes absolutely no sense. I'll eat my ̶h̶a̶t̶ cap if it happens as described.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And why on earth would Dallas get anything out of this deal? Everyone knows they are going to release Romo

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We know washington loves to make bad trades, but would jerra be willing to to trade his boy romo to a division rival. The only down side to the whole thing is the whiners would be the team to benefit most this trade.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Im pretty sure that initial tweet is a bit inaccurate/misleading. Theres no way in hell the skins trade cousins for romo and get nothing else in return. it would probably be something more like the cowboys get the niners 4th and the skins get romo and the niners 1st.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More like the skins get a couple of high picks from SF and sign Romo after Dallas releases him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scot McCloughan

It's uncertain if he's still their GM. A lot of lying going on about his status.

Yea, this is a dumb deal for the Redskins. Good deal for the 49ers, though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I am the 49'ers I'm trying every angle to acquire Cousins.

Shanahan reunion on a team without a starting QB would be a HUGE first step for Lynch and Shanny.

Cousins is just top 15-10 starter to me, but that's plenty good enough as we've seen before.

But... I don't see this trade happening unless it's a big haul for Washington.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But... I don't see this trade happening unless it's a big haul for Washington.

For some odd reason the Redskins do not believe in Cousins at least Bruce Allen or who every is running the Redskins now. If the 49ers end up with Cousins Shanahan will have them close to post season in year one...I truly hope this does not come to fruiton, but I believe the Redskins do not want pay Cousins long term and if they get Romo and can draft a QB like DeShone Kizer of Notre Dame I truly believe they would do it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And as expected, here comes the denial...........
Talk of three-way Romo-Cousins trade is “conjecture!” at this point
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2017

Absent an actual trade rumor to shake up the Scouting Combine, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media essentially made up a potential three-team blockbuster.

In fairness to Rapoport, he added the various “could be” and “may be” qualifiers, making it clear that it was all speculation. Nevertheless, the notion that the 49ers and Washington would, in order to get Kirk Cousins to San Francisco, include the Cowboys send Tony Romo to D.C. represents implausibility at best.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation scoffed at the idea of such a convoluted outcome; one source called it “conjecture,” adding an exclamation point for effect. (Sad!)

It would be complicated enough to get Cousins to San Francisco in a two-team trade, given the total compensation Washington would want and the long-term contract Cousins would expect. Getting a veteran quarterback as part of the transaction could made Washington more willing to part with Cousins, by why would Romo and the Cowboys need to be part of the deal when Dallas and Washington could simply do a trade separate from the trade between San Francisco and Washington?

Then there’s the question of why the Cowboys would ship Romo to a division rival, given the firmly-held belief by owner Jerry Jones that Romo is destined to win a Super Bowl. If Jones truly believes that, he surely doesn’t want to hand Romo to Washington.

While Rapoport gets points for creativity and for filling a slow Friday afternoon with a little intrigue, this is one of those potential transactions that feels too far fetched and too over the top to happen. But maybe the chatter stretches the rubber band far enough to get another team to make to the Cowboys an offer that could then be presented to Romo to see if he’ll accept a trade rather than push for his outright release.

Ultimately, that may be the goal. By floating the idea of interjecting Romo into the 49ers-Washington trade, the Cowboys are shaking the tree to its roots. Now, they just have to stand back and wait for fruit to fall from it.

fearsomefour

Legend
[/QUOTE]
The reason it doesn't makes sense to me (for Washington) is why give up a young QB to save money, just to bring in N old, injured QB who is due $19M next year?
It would not surprise me if Dallas is floating this out there to see if it can pick up traction as they would be the clear winner.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We should get a high draft pick out of this trade as well, because they're the Redskins and are easily confused.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-way-trade-involving-kirk-cousins-tony-romo/

Report: Possibility of a three-way trade involving Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 3, 2017

Well, this would shake things up.

In the wildest permutation of the quarterback dominoes falling we’ve heard to date, we have a report that a three-way trade could be discussed which would include Washington, San Francisco and Dallas and presumably keep Tony Romo in the NFC East.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, as a potential Kirk Cousins deal to the 49ers is discussed, the two teams may involve the Cowboys.

That’s a lot of conditions jammed into one tweet.

That would mean Cousins could join Kyle Shanahan with the 49ers, the Redskins would end up with a longtime rival and the Cowboys would end up with picks.

This is, frankly, so far out there it’s hard to believe, as the idea of the Cowboys trading Romo to a team they play twice a year seems farfetched. And since Romo has some degree of control over this process, it would be a bit of a surprise if Washington would be the place he’d choose to be.
-------------
Is Jerry Jones throwing these rumors out there ?!
------------
This sounds like three kids trading their lunches on the playground and one gets pizza, one gets a Twinkie, and the other ends up with cafeteria milk.

Nonsense.
----------
Washington would have to be nuts to go for this. But then it is Dan Snyder making the decisions.
----------
Your likelihood of being hit by lightning while on your way to cash a winning powerball ticket are probably higher than the likelihood of this particular 3-way trade.

Maybe comparable odds if the lightning struck as you shot a hole-in-one, burning you and the winning lottery ticket to a crisp. Only nobody saw it because of the complete solar eclipse.

Yeah, odds like that.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-way-trade-involving-kirk-cousins-tony-romo/

Report: Possibility of a three-way trade involving Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 3, 2017

Well, this would shake things up.

In the wildest permutation of the quarterback dominoes falling we’ve heard to date, we have a report that a three-way trade could be discussed which would include Washington, San Francisco and Dallas and presumably keep Tony Romo in the NFC East.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, as a potential Kirk Cousins deal to the 49ers is discussed, the two teams may involve the Cowboys.

That’s a lot of conditions jammed into one tweet.

That would mean Cousins could join Kyle Shanahan with the 49ers, the Redskins would end up with a longtime rival and the Cowboys would end up with picks.

This is, frankly, so far out there it’s hard to believe, as the idea of the Cowboys trading Romo to a team they play twice a year seems farfetched. And since Romo has some degree of control over this process, it would be a bit of a surprise if Washington would be the place he’d choose to be.
-------------
Is Jerry Jones throwing these rumors out there ?!
------------
This sounds like three kids trading their lunches on the playground and one gets pizza, one gets a Twinkie, and the other ends up with cafeteria milk.

Nonsense.
----------
Washington would have to be nuts to go for this. But then it is Dan Snyder making the decisions.
----------
Your likelihood of being hit by lightning while on your way to cash a winning powerball ticket are probably higher than the likelihood of this particular 3-way trade.

Maybe comparable odds if the lightning struck as you shot a hole-in-one, burning you and the winning lottery ticket to a crisp. Only nobody saw it because of the complete solar eclipse.

Yeah, odds like that.

Jerrah is rich enough, he might score a 3-way, but I doubt that it will be a football trade...Geez, what a horrible visual that is !!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jerrah is rich enough, he might score a 3-way, but I doubt that it will be a football trade...Geez, what a horrible visual that is !!!

0807-jerry-jones-females-1.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think there are a few key words here: we've heard...we have a report , possibly...I find this scenario ridiculous and about as likely as me hitting the lotto...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
why the hell would you trade away a guy who's just entering his prime at the most important position for someone who is at the end of his career and can't even stay healthy behind an excellent O-line with a great running game?

For some odd reason the Redskins do not believe in Cousins

Cousins has proven himself. Personally don't like him
Just like you JackD, somebody with the Skins is scared of Cousins....I get it....his big game numbers are horrible. Reminds me of his redzone numbers...Shanahan believes he can fix him...
And....Tony Romo can play....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When healthy and when has Romo had a big post season game?
2014 post season he was 34/50 484 yards 4 TD 0 INT and a 126 passer rating and that included the Dez Bryant "no catch"
For his career he has an 8-2 TD-Int ratio and a 94 passer rating in the playoffs
I hate the Cowboys as much as the next guy, but the team has failed in the playoffs a heck of a lot more than he has

I think the Cowboys are nuts to let him go, and to a division rival? No effing way